Pet/housesitter?

We leave the names and numbers of the vet, three friends in the area, our homeowners association, my mother, and of course the numbers of where we will be as well as our cell phone numbers. We also note which friend is the one who has a spare key.

We also leave a list of the medications that our animals take and when to give them.

We also note the garbage and recycling days.

We've been using the same petsitter for a couple of years now, so it's pretty easy. When we first started using her the notes were a lot more detailed.

Anne

This is going to sound wierd, but make sure your petsitter knows what your pets look like. We had a friend come over to take care of our 2 indoor cats. We almost gained a 3rd cat! He thought a stray cat in the neighborhood was one of ours and was afraid it got out. He was trying to catch the poor thing! :rolleyes:

Now we leave pictures of the cats with the instructions.

BTW, we did find a home for the stray, she nows lives with my parents. :teeth:

LOL Stimpy!! That's really funny!

When our sitter first started sitting for us, we left a detailed description of each animal--now she knows them all by name, so we don't have to any more. But that's a really good suggestion--and I like the ide aof the photo as well.

I'm still laughing as I type with your story :) LOL!

Anne

Thank you ducklite and stimpy, That is funny my husband would die if we ended up with another pet, we know have 2 dogs, 1cat, 1 hamster, and a gecko. My fear is that one of my babies will get out and they wont search like we would, I would fly home, I think leaving a picture of my babies is a great idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter