• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

perk tv

I see Metro PCS has the ZTE Concord II for $19.99 with a rebate to get it free. I've never owned a prepaid phone so can you break it down for me using it for Perks or Swagbucks? I'd like to take the pressure off one of our iPads so to speak and for $19 or free that feels worthwhile. Can I simply purchase it and then not activate it and then connect to wifi here at the house? Do I need to do anything for the prepaid part and fund it in any way?

I've always owned an iPhone and clearly I can handle that but not a simple phone without a plan or service, lol! :rotfl2:

Thanks in advance,
Heather

I'm the same way, haha. Where did you find the metro pcs phone with the rebate, online? I'd like to do the same thing and at least stop using my ipad.

I bought a Straight Talk LG L34C Optimus Fuel from Walmart using earnings from Perk. Those are $29.88

However, MetroPCS is selling the ZTE Concord II for $19.00 at the moment and you might still be able to get $10.00 back through BeFrugal for each phone. I bought three the other day, paid $57 out of pocket and have $30 pending cash back at BeFrugal.

Also, Bestbuy has the Samsung Rush on sale for $19.99 for another option.

The Concord II is my first choice. Then the Straight Talk Fuel and the Rush following after. Hope that helps!

thank you!

Does anyone know if I can add perk tv on my nook tablet? I thought I read somewhere somebody had it on theirs but not sure where I read that info. I searched on my app store and didn't find it.

TIA

I am interested also in finding out the answer to this question. I have searched and did not find perk tv on my Nook either.

You'll want to double check this but I'm pretty sure that rebate offered from MetroPCS to make the Concord II free has to do with activating the phone and then the "rebate" would be applied as a line of credit. Something like that. (But double check that. I don't want to give you wrong info.) That's how I read it anyhow and didn't bother with it. I did the $10 cash back from BeFrugal but I just checked BeFrugal and I couldn't find that cash back offer anymore so it might have ended. However, you may be able to find a rebate or cash back offer through someone else if you're still interested in that phone.

Yup, that's the idea. You don't need to activate the phone. Connect it to your Wifi and keep it in airplane mode. That's what I did with my Fuel.

$19.00 is still a great price for that Concord II. I'm looking forward to changing out some of my slower devices with them. But I did have to spend a little money out of pocket to get them where as with the Fuel, I paid for it with Walmart gift cards earned on Perk.

Happy to share some info!

Thank you so much for the help :) I just tried to order through Metro PCS and no wonder I'm not familiar with them, they aren't here in NC so that was a no go :( I couldn't use my address (which I needed to ship to) and then say pick Tennessee. Oh well - so I went to your next idea - the Samsung Rush through Bestbuy for $19.99 and honestly that ended up being better as I suddenly realized I had $15 in Bestbuy egift cards (from Viggle) so my new phone was only a $6 investment with taxes.

Ps. to those considering the Samsung Rush through Bestbuy, the $19.99 expires today.

Thanks again!! :goodvibes

Heather

Thank you so much for the help :) so my new phone was only a $6 investment with taxes.

Thanks again!! :goodvibes

Heather

Nice! Six buck out of pocket isn't shabby at all! :D Hope the Rush works out for you. I don't have any myself but I know a lot of people use them for Perk.

so I'm thinking about ordering the LG fuel from walmart, it says it will not work in my area, does that matter for just using the wifi to run apps on?

so I'm thinking about ordering the LG fuel from walmart, it says it will not work in my area, does that matter for just using the wifi to run apps on?

If all you are doing with it is running apps via wifi it does not matter what area it is good in.

hmmm, thinking I might be able to get a used smart phone on ebay for less than $30 that the fuel would cost me from walmart?

has anyone does this before?

I have been keeping track. The "Are you still watching" message shows up every 6 hours. I try to make sure I reset it right before I go to bed.

I could use one also. I'm still trying to figure out -- how does this compare with viggle? Can you run them both at the same time?

I haven't tried running them at the same time but I don't see why you couldn't?!? Perk has better/more options when it comes to redeeming points. So, I prefer Perk but still use both. If you're looking to choose between the two, go with Perk.

sorry to ask so many phone questions, I am seriously clueless. The only smart phone I've ever had is an iphone.

Would an android tracphone (brand new) work for just using wifi for swagbucks & perk tv?

sorry to ask so many phone questions, I am seriously clueless. The only smart phone I've ever had is an iphone.

Would an android tracphone (brand new) work for just using wifi for swagbucks & perk tv?

Yes. In fact, that's what many people do to avoid potentially damaging their everyday devices. Some popular phones are the LG Fuel ($30 at Walmart), ZTE Concord II ($20 from Metropcs.com), and the Kyocera Hydro ($15 refurbished from boostmobile.com).

I have 10 Fuels running 24/7 for the past few weeks with no problems at all.

I read somewhere that Tracphones do not work properly with Perk, something about apps not working if the phone isn't activated. I'm foggy on the details, but I'd check into it before buying. I'm using 2 Hydro's (which crash at least once a day), and a couple of old Android phones that I had sitting around.

I think I'm going to stick with the fuel from Walmart after I get my next $5 payout from perk... I have $25 from Swagbucks on its way to paypal. I found some new phones on amazon (one of them was a tracphone) for under $20 but I d rather go with what I know will work. I think they were the older version of the android software?

Thanks for the info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter