• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"People Just Don't Change"

Sparx

DIS Veteran
I overheard someone say that today. it struck a chord with me. opinions?

I don't understand..
Does it mean..
Like a little kid 10 years a go was imature, and now he has grown up to be a polite and *nonrude* person?

i believe the context that she was saying it in is like the phrase "once a cheater, always a cheater" something like that?

The person who said that sounds like they said that people can't change. They didn't give an option. Like people do change and most likely will change in their life. Humans are not incapable of changing. That quote kind of irks me too.

OT: Shelby, in your sig is the quote in the bottom supposed to say "loose" or "lose"?

The person who said that sounds like they said that people can't change. They didn't give an option. Like people do change and most likely will change in their life. Humans are not incapable of changing. That quote kind of irks me too.

OT: Shelby, in your sig is the quote in the bottom supposed to say "loose" or "lose"?

it says "lose" doesn't it?:confused3

I know from personal expirience that people DO "just change" at the drop of a hat.

It depends on situations and expiriences and things that happen.

I have recently took a change for the worse I think, because I've been thrown into a new situation that I'm not used to.
I'm not the same girl I used to be.

Or maybe this isn't a permenant change, maybe it's just a temporary funk.
But I know that I've changed.

It REALLY all depends on context and situations. People change as they grow, and their lives change, thier personalities will change.
Sometimes it's more of a gradual change, but I even notice in myself a change that happened very suddenly.

So my opinion is that, yes, people DO just change.
A cheater, can reform their ways depending on the person they are dealing with. If they truly love someone, they WILL change. As they grow older they will change and as their lives and situations change, they will change.

Yup I believe that. People might temporarily alter their behavior, but in the end...you're always the same.

People change often.
We were discussing this in PD (personal development) yesterday.
Most of it has to do with developing maturity, and new responsibilities.
When my teacher was young, he was a social kid who hated to do work, and only worked when he was passsionate about something. When the responsibility of University came, he became very work oriented (sp), and it changed when he got married, and changed when he had his first son.

Change, usually comes because something changed in your life, something that either made you change, or want to change.

you can't change.
once a cheater always a cheater.

you can restrain yourself. yes.

but once a cheater, will always be a cheater

i agree with T.Tracy.

i dont beleive in that at all... i know ive changed a lot over the past year... my environment changed... my situation changed.. my priorities changed.. and as a result, i changed myself.... but im not sure for the better or worst

like they always say... you become what you surround yourself with.... im a high believer of that phrase

Anybody can change. If somebody does drugs and quits they are still not a drug addict. They are a formal drug-addict. You can change. This is what you call... STEROTYPING.

Well, my band teacher once told me, that once you have a habit, you can't break it, but you have to make a good habit to replace that bad habit. That has helpped me through life.

People are consently changing day by day. Everything that goes on in their lives each day influences their decisions and makes people re-think choices each day.

Deep down if a person wants to change, they will. If they don't then they wont. It can't be a half-hearted thing.

I guess people can changing phisically (sp?) and socially.

Like everyone goes through changes...so they do change.
And then sometimes for the wrong reasons people might change socially. They might want to be "cool" so they leave their friends and become something they're not, so those people change for the wrong reasons.

Then there are the people who make life changes. Like they're a drug or alcohol addict and they change their life for the better. Those people change to make their life healthier and happier.

People make changes all the time.

I think some people can change but others can't because they end up right where they were before.
I was listening to Misery Business and when it says "Second chances never matter people never change." It struck me that its a sad reality.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter