• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Peeps, restrooms and drunks. A hot, sweaty Asian TR=Feb 08-4/27-Okay folks.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I''m glad you liked the picture. She spent the whole day sticking out her tounge. She was attracting quite an audience. People laughed at her all day. I am glad I found you trip report early when it was only two pages and not a billion like your pre trip report.:thumbsup2 Did you t-shirt fit?

I found you Jordan or should I say Josh!!:lmao: What do they mean stay on topic:confused3 I thought lampshades and guacomole were totally Disney !!:rotfl2: At last people will see Flat Winkers I've been telling her I'm innocent but she doesn't believe me !!:rolleyes1

Yup my new name...Josh.

Hey I''m glad you liked the picture. She spent the whole day sticking out her tounge. She was attracting quite an audience. People laughed at her all day. I am glad I found you trip report early when it was only two pages and not a billion like your pre trip report.:thumbsup2 Did you t-shirt fit?

I have a strange feeling that the TR will be long....:rolleyes1

Happily Lurking !!! Glad you are back - - - now - - unpack - do the laundry and start typing!!

cc

:rolleyes: hey Josh, oh... I'm just joshin', Jordan-bad humor , sorry..

Glad i found ya'!! Wondering if they will move my TR and Disneymom14's and coteau chics?????? and call me by another name????

Can't wait to read about your trip. I am writing mine to but really only for myself :yay: and anyone else who MAY be interested. I can't say I have the hilarious, fun-loving "posse'":jumping1: you seem to have gathered in your pre-trippy!!

I DID, however, seem to at least glance at Asians that passed by-I tried not too, though, in fear they may think me, WIERD:yo-yo: :crazy: :teeth: . Alright then, What did you think of Pop??

Lori

I took the advice (and I'm glad I did) of KathyRN137 and bought a trip journal. It was a valuable tool to chronicle the events of the trip . If I hadn't been writing as I went, many of the details may have gotten lost.

This trip report will be a combination of me looking back at the trip AND excerpts directly from the journal.

The first chapter of this TR is taken directly from my trip journal and was written while I was waiting for my plane to leave from LAX on January 31st.

Here it is:

"I can't believe I am finally leaving for WDW. It seems like just yesterday that I started this unique journey.

I would've never done a PTR had I not experienced so much loss this last year. What started as a way to escape turned out to be.......a way to escape...:rolleyes1. Seriously, I found a community that was willing to laugh w/ you (and at you). But more than that, I found that in some of my darkest moments I was able to find support and encouragement--completely unexpected, yet overwhelmingly welcome.

I've found that people on the DIS boards come and go. That has been a bit difficult for me as I bonded with quite a few people who no longer post. What I've realized is the fact that even if it was a short period of time, these people helped me more than they will ever know. I have to thank those original posters for helping me through the worst year of my life. Thanks to Leyla, Amy, Farrah, Kathy, Dan, Tracy and Jenny. You were the light for me when I could not see how I was going to get through it all."

Click here for next installment.

Happily Lurking !!! Glad you are back - - - now - - unpack - do the laundry and start typing!!

cc

Chapter 1 up.

:rolleyes: hey Josh, oh... I'm just joshin', Jordan-bad humor , sorry..

Glad i found ya'!! Wondering if they will move my TR and Disneymom14's and coteau chics?????? and call me by another name????

Can't wait to read about your trip. I am writing mine to but really only for myself :yay: and anyone else who MAY be interested. I can't say I have the hilarious, fun-loving "posse'":jumping1: you seem to have gathered in your pre-trippy!!

I DID, however, seem to at least glance at Asians that passed by-I tried not too, though, in fear they may think me, WIERD:yo-yo: :crazy: :teeth: . Alright then, What did you think of Pop??

Lori

I'm reading yours...:thumbsup2

joining in

I was checking every Mickey eared Bride and Groom....the looks I got....:rolleyes1

Subbing! Love the title!

:welcome: It took about an hour to come up with that title.

I'm so glad you are here. I'm glad that you received what you asked for. I found and started reading your PTR late so I had a lot to read in one sitting. Once I was caught up I was convinced that I should do a PTR. I wasn't planning on doing one until then. Wow, what a ride, huh??

I've followed the ups and downs of your poignant-funny-and-overall-fabulous ptr, and decided to delurk for the tr. I am looking forward to hear all about your adventures.:goodvibes

Yea I am so glad you started you trip report. I wish I would have found your pretrip report sooner. It is weird how people you never met helped you through your tough times. I love disboards:hug:

Jordan! I'm so happy I found you again - yet sad I didn't get a chance to meet you when my DBFF and I were there. You are a blessing :grouphug: to so many of us here on the DIS and am excited to read about your trip! (I've been having problems downloading pics off my daughter's camera and am 2 weeks behind in getting my report on.)

Looking forward to reading.......:surfweb:

Wednesday, January 30th. Departure Day. Part 1

I was supposed to work all day, but realized this morning that I hadn't set aside any clothes to wear on my flight out. Imagine seeing me on the news:

"Man tries to board flight to Walt Disney World naked"

Imagine covering myself with nothing more than Flat Winkers and the Binder.

Yeah, that mental image terrified me too. So I quickly threw a few things in the laundry and looked over my packing list and itinerary.

If you remember, I received a phone call from Joanne and she told me of her friend's desire to join us on Tuesday and Thursday including dinner. Well, if you know the drama of this trip's ADRs, you know this was par for the course. Stay tuned to see how this turns out. I'm sure it'll be a story in and of itself. I rearranged a few things, but basically we have to wait until we're all get there to figure things out.

After my laundry was done, I headed over to Wendy's house to clean. As I got on the freeway I realized that I had forgotten to pack the church directory. I was going to use this to address my postcards. Reminder to self: Learn to do address labels for next trip. I called my pop and asked him to email about 15 addresses. What a trooper my dad was. Thank God he's one 84 year old that actually knows how to use a computer. I got to Wendy's house; did my cleaning and was set to go.......

Wednesday, January 31st. Departure Day. Part 1

I was supposed to work all day, but realized this morning that I hadn't set aside any clothes to wear on my flight out. Imagine seeing me on the news:

"Man tries to board flight to Walt Disney World naked"

Imagine covering myself with nothing more than Flat Winkers and the Binder.

Yeah, that mental image terrified me too. So I quickly threw a few things in the laundry and looked over my packing list and itinerary.

If you remember, I received a phone call from Joanne and she told me of her friend's desire to join us on Tuesday and Thursday including dinner. Well, if you know the drama of this trip's ADRs, you know this was par for the course. Stay tuned to see how this turns out. I'm sure it'll be a story in and of itself. I rearranged a few things, but basically we have to wait until we're all get there to figure things out.

After my laundry was done, I headed over to Wendy's house to clean. As I got on the freeway I realized that I had forgotten to pack the church directory. I was going to use this to address my postcards. Reminder to self: Learn to do address labels for next trip. I called my pop and asked him to email about 15 addresses. What a trooper my dad was. Thank God he's one 84 year old that actually knows how to use a computer. I got to Wendy's house; did my cleaning and was set to go.......

Awww, that's sweet that your dad helped you out. You know, I made those labels for the post cards, packed the stamps, and never bought or sent out any post cards!:scared1: :scared1: There are more than a few things that didn't get done this trip. :confused3

:yay: to dad. that was nice of him to do that for you.

Wednesday, January 30th.Chapter 3. Departure Day Part 2.

I packed Wendy's car and we left for the airport around 7:30pm. I arrived at the airport at 8pm......and then IT STARTED.

I unloaded the car and stepped into the terminal.....the NEARLY EMPTY TERMINAL.

I stepped up to the E-Check-in kiosk and immediately checked in.....What? No 45 minute line? Hey not so bad start to the vacation....:thumbsup2

After dropping off my luggage, I stepped into the security line....What? No 45 minute wait? Only a 10 minute wait? I was smiling.......

As I boarded the plane, I noticed the plane filling up rather quickly. I had an aisle seat and currently the 2 seats next to me were empty...

As people filed down the aisle I avoided any eye contact as if that would mean they wouldn't sit in my row....

A slovenly dressed man walked down the aisle. He was wearing a T-shirt that had several food stains on it and by several, I mean more than 3. I thought my trip mojo just ended. He was stopping right at my row, but luckily sat across from me. The gentleman right behind him, however, took his seat next to the window in my row...

The flight attendants started closing all the overhead bins....2 people boarded the plane and ran right by my row to their seats at the back of the plane....THEN IT HAPPENED......the plane door closed. Seat next to me..........EMPTY. :thumbsup2

So far so good........:thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter