Pecos Bill update, the Cheese is gone from the Fixins bar....

It's a lawsuit waiting to happen. Like McDonald's coffee and the woman holding it between her legs.

I am really sad that my beloved plastic cheese has been removed. I feel bad for the little boy who was burned, I don't know the circumstances. I hope that somehow Disney will figure out how to bring the cheese back. I would be ok with asking for it, or even paying more for it.

I think the cheese removal, as it were, is due to a current lawsuit where the parents are stating that their young son was burned on his lip by the cheese.

Ditto the movie Hot Coffee. My DH and I were floored after seeing those injuries.

And how many times did I burn myself with McDonalds coffee and didn't file suit because I should know better than to drive and drink hot coffee at the same time! There's always someone around the corner to ruin it for others! I guess his mother never told him to be careful, cheese sauce is hot unless it come out of the fridge as a solid block of Velveeta! What a load of whoowie!!!'

And how many times did I burn myself with McDonalds coffee and didn't file suit because I should know better than to drive and drink hot coffee at the same time! There's always someone around the corner to ruin it for others! I guess his mother never told him to be careful, cheese sauce is hot unless it come out of the fridge as a solid block of Velveeta! What a load of whoowie!!!'
Short version:
She spend eight days in the hospital recovering from third degree burns while receiving skin grafts, all because a company wants to keep their coffee 30 degrees above industry standards (20 degrees from boiling) so it would stay fresh longer. She attempted to settle for an amount to cover the medical bills. The jury's arrive at the amount for punitive damages based on two days worth of McDonald's coffee sales. Even though the judge reduced the award dramatically, they settled for a lesser amount while the appeal was pending.

Does that still sound frivolous?

Not frivolous, ridiculous! Hot coffee is hot, hot soup is hot, accidents happen, when you burn yourself at home, who's to blame? Who do you go after, let's go after the stove company, why not the power company, wait let's sue Mom.... Sorry two different camps, too many people in this country make a living by suing!

Why? I love the hot cheese sauce! Wow! I've burned my the roof of my mouth on hot coffee more than once and the thought never crossed my mind to sue anyone.

I burned myself on the cheese a couple of years ago. The container was close to empty, pumped it once too often to get the cheese out, a big spurt landed on my hand. Went to the first aid station, it hurt terribly, blistered and left a scar. I did say something to management at the restaurant so they could fill the container so it wouldn't happen to someone else. They said thank you for letting them know, but no one showed any concern. I still go back for the cheese every time we go to Pecos Bill, I just pump a little more carefully. Sorry to hear it's gone.

Not frivolous, ridiculous! Hot coffee is hot, hot soup is hot, accidents happen, when you burn yourself at home, who's to blame? Who do you go after, let's go after the stove company, why not the power company, wait let's sue Mom.... Sorry two different camps, too many people in this country make a living by suing!

Not too mention the coffee machine was known to be faulty and management knew it was brewing too hot. Google the pictures and see if you change your opinion rather then read what McDonald's wants you to read.

Google the pictures and see if you change your opinion rather then read what McDonald's wants you to read.
My opinion is just that, my opinion, it isn't formulated or swayed by McDonalds, you or anyone else. I'm not debating the issue, I expressed my opinion, it just happens to differ from yours! The cheese sauce or lack there of is the crux of the matter..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter