PBH - Extremely disappointed - who to contact?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wendy&Grumpy

DIS Veteran
We checked in at 10am yesterday - Club level king room with a bay view.

While it wasn't all bad, the spotlight shining in our window when we got back to the room at 11pm ended up driving us out.

We live locally, so when DH was told the hotel was sold out last night but they could move us today, he asked if they would comp the room for last night. That way we could drive home and sleep and come back refreshed today, ready to finish our weekend. No go. They would give us a $50 credit if we stayed and moved today and spent the rest of our weekend exhausted due to lack of sleep.

I cannot even say how disappointed I am. I left in tears and at this point will probably never go back to a Universal resort.

Does anyone know who I can contact?

I just googled and found the name of the manager, Paul Leclerc since I couldn't remember it off the top of my head. Contact him, he is very good. I'm sure you can google his email address too if you want to go that route. Otherwise you can probably just call him since you are local.

We've never had any experience with bad spotlights at PBH, so I can't really give you any advice. I think that is the first time I've heard that complaint after 10 years on this board. I wonder if they have put up new lights? Where exactly was your room...in the West Wing?

Not so sound rude but you leaving in tears and demanding one night stay comped over a spotlight is pretty crappy.

Why didn't you close the curtains? The rooms have blackout curtains from what I recall (like most good hotels), no?

I know that we have been to HRH and can't see or hear a thing outside. The hallway is a different matter. I dont know how someone can see a spotlight through those curtains???

We always leave the curtains open a bit or we'll sleep way too long in the morning because it is so dark. We make sure the sheers are closed but leave the blackouts open a bit.

I have no idea how to address your complaint. I don't even understand your complaint or the remedy you seek of going home to sleep, but you can't because they won't comp a night that was ruined because of a spotlight outside??? And you were at the resort and could not find someone to hear your complaint? I suggest lying on the floor, kicking and screaming.

I know we pay a lot for pampering at the on site resorts but please tell me that we can still close the drapes on our own.

I have to say we had a problem with the people next door to us one time and the manager not only responded immediately but sent people up to help them pack to get them out of there. I have no idea how a spotlight could penetrate the closed curtains. I am a light sleeper so I always travel with a sleepmask and white noise machine. Just a thought.

We always leave the curtains open a bit or we'll sleep way too long in the morning because it is so dark. We make sure the sheers are closed but leave the blackouts open a bit.

Thank you damo. It seems you may be one of the few who understands.

When we pay $400/night for a room, we certainly do NOT expect to have a spotlight shining in our window... with or without the use of blackout curtains.

Apparently the manager on Sunday agreed as they actually DID put us in a different room and comp us for Saturday night. No kicking and screaming necessary.:rolleyes:

Not so sound rude but you leaving in tears and demanding one night stay comped over a spotlight is pretty crappy.

If you don't want to sound rude, don't be rude. Just sayin.

We did not demand anything. We ASKED to be moved due to the spotlight and were told there was "no room in the inn."

We then ASKED if they'd comp the night and allow us to come back the next night and try again in a different room.

Nope. They'd only give us a $50 credit if we stayed there and allowed them to move us in the morning, after being unable to sleep.

Sorry, I'm not going to stay in a room that I'm paing $400 for, unable to sleep, and be exhausted the next day, when I live 4 miles away.

We went home, got a good night's sleep, and called the manager in the morning.

I have no idea how to address your complaint. I don't even understand your complaint or the remedy you seek of going home to sleep, but you can't because they won't comp a night that was ruined because of a spotlight outside??? And you were at the resort and could not find someone to hear your complaint? I suggest lying on the floor, kicking and screaming.

I know we pay a lot for pampering at the on site resorts but please tell me that we can still close the drapes on our own.

We were and are quite capable of closing the drapes on our own as well... believeit or not, we actually DID close them!!! They didn't block out the spotlight... and the clerk at the desk said they didn't have any blackout curtains available to hang.

You really should try reading what's been said before you post such a rude response. I never said we couldn't go home to sleep... actually we DID go home to sleep.

We then called the manager... after a good night's sleep... and explained what had happened. She apologized, comped Saturday and rebooked us for Sunday night in a different room.

There was no need to throw such temper tantrums as you suggest.:confused3

Great, they comped the room for you. All the crying for nothing.:thumbsup2

Now you will be able to visit a Universal resort again without being disappointed.:goodvibes

Now you will be able to visit a Universal resort again without being disappointed.:goodvibes

Well, not so sure about that... they also double-booked our cabana and it took us nearly two hours to get that issue resolved. :headache:

I guess I'm just used to - and spoiled by! - Disney's Customer Service. ;)

Well, not so sure about that... they also double-booked our cabana and it took us nearly two hours to get that issue resolved. :headache:

I guess I'm just used to - and spoiled by! - Disney's Customer Service. ;)

I find Universal's customer service and hotel management to be far superior. We were at Disney beginning of June and wasted an hour at Guest Services trying to deal with an issue with one CM who couldn't seem to solve our problem or even care. Another CM finally took over and it was solved in about 5 minutes. We also had severe issues with the maintenance of our Garden Wing room at the Contemporary. I don't know how they could even be letting people stay in that wing with the filth, mold and dirt. It was a real let down after staying at the Royal Pacific. And it was $100 more per room.

There will always be isolated incidences where things go wrong on a vacation. I find that Universal does a much better job of taking care of you. That is why we continue to return over and over and over again.

We, too, find customer service at the Universal Loew's hotels far superior to the service at the Disney deluxes (and that includes GF RPC).

Thank you damo. It seems you may be one of the few who understands.

When we pay $400/night for a room, we certainly do NOT expect to have a spotlight shining in our window... with or without the use of blackout curtains.

Apparently the manager on Sunday agreed as they actually DID put us in a different room and comp us for Saturday night. No kicking and screaming necessary.:rolleyes:

you didn't get the floridian discount for the room?
those discounts are much better than the ap or aaa rates.
that is one of the great perks at UO for locals.

i do read many threads/posts by those who like to compare disney hotels to the universal hotels. you can see where the thread is going.

i stay at both resorts, the motherland and the darkside, each year on my annual 16 day stay. have been doing this since 1993.

i could say a lot about both resorts but don't as i know i will be returning each year.

the only thing that struck me in reading this thread is you're thanking damo for understanding when all she posted was, she leaves the curtains opened a bit for the morning light.

damo's post: "We always leave the curtains open a bit or we'll sleep way too long in the morning because it is so dark. We make sure the sheers are closed but leave the blackouts open a bit."

i do have to agree with damo on one thing.

the service at uo has been better for me than at wdw.

rates for rooms always change depending on the season and dates.

when i pay $127 a night for a value at the motherland, then go to the darkside and stay at rph for $153, (in the same priced season) there is no comparison for where my buck goes further.

you can't compare a value room to a deluxe room which is what i did above.
but, for the extra money, i can go deluxe which i prefer.

universal vs disney
apples vs oranges.

you didn't get the floridian discount for the room?
those discounts are much better than the ap or aaa rates.
that is one of the great perks at UO for locals.

i do read many threads/posts by those who like to compare disney hotels to the universal hotels. you can see where the thread is going.

i stay at both resorts, the motherland and the darkside, each year on my annual 16 day stay. have been doing this since 1993.

i could say a lot about both resorts but don't as i know i will be returning each year.

the only thing that struck me in reading this thread is you're thanking damo for understanding when all she posted was, she leaves the curtains opened a bit for the morning light.

damo's post: "We always leave the curtains open a bit or we'll sleep way too long in the morning because it is so dark. We make sure the sheers are closed but leave the blackouts open a bit."

Must've been my tone. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter