PART THREE! *December 2012 Roll Call* Holidays, FLE & MVMCP!! A very, merry thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are interested in Wild Africa Trek I did it in February and just recently wrote the recap in my TR (link is below). If you want to see my pictures (I have a TON) and read my recap the posts on that are on page 17 of my TR :goodvibes I LOVED it, and will absolutely do it again on a future trip (no time this one).

I just read your whole TR. Great pictures!!!!! I love how you rode the safari so many times. That would be a big benefit of a solo trip!!

May I join?
We are a family of five- DH, DS20, DD18, DS14 and me.
We're flying in from chilly Montana (well, DS is flying in from slightly-less-chilly Colorado and DD from practically-tropical-California). It's a special trip just because the two older kids are in college now and far away from home.:sad: We just have had so many great vacays at Disney that it really seemed like the place to go for what might be our last big family trip for the forseeable future.

Sob.....

Okay, I've regained my composure a bit....

So I plan to really do this one up right! We're staying at the YC from Dec. 13-19 (they insisted we be home for Christmas).

I have ressies for the CP, EPCOT Dive Quest, and scored Be Our Guest (that was an epic feat of determined motherhood, for sure!). Actually, I'm the Belle fan, they couldn't care less about where we eat.

Really looking forward to the Osborne lights, and decorations in general as we've not been during the Holidays before!!!

I'm a touring commando, but I think I'll need dual plans so the kids can stay up as late as their little hearts desire and sleep in if they want. So staying on -site is going to be awesome since they can look after themselves (at Disney, anyway :rotfl:) if they don't want to hang with mom & dad. We have dinner scheduled for just the two of us at the Yachtsman. :flower3:

Today I had a bit of a panic because my master packing list was nowhere to be found. It's a finely-tuned list of which I save different versions depending on where we're going, and it's taken me a dozen years to refine it. I had just mislabeled it "Hawaii" because that's where we went last June. Whew! Now on to the fun stuff!

Pleased to meet you all and looking forward to sharing some great plans!:wave2:

Welcome! You've found the right place if you're obsessive/compulsive about Disney planning :cheer2:

TOTALLY understand the packing list panic. I've got a very similar list in Excel that I have saved on my home computer, work computer, and probably half a dozen USB drives!

You'll HAVE to let me know how you like Dive Quest. I told my little cousin (who'll be 10 in January) I'll take the open water classes and get scuba certified with her this summer, and once I have my certification that Dive Quest might be a "must do" on a future trip.

Welcome!!!! The YC looks so nice and great location!!!!! The Osborne Lights are amazing!!!! Glad you found your packing list. :thumbsup2 I am guessing you may need a few more clothes for this trip than you did in Hawaii. :goodvibes

Thanks for the welcome!

Yes, we definitely picked the YC because of the location, plus I kind of like the idea of the low-key theming after a day in the parks. :goodvibes: As for the packing list, it's kind of interesting in that over the years I've some up with layering-type outfits that I can take pretty much anywhere (hence the panic over losing the list) so I won't have to take much more, just wear more at a time. Though the flip-flops are definitely gone.

May I join?
We're flying in from chilly Montana (well, DS is flying in from slightly-less-chilly Colorado and DD from practically-tropical-California). It's a special trip just because the two older kids are in college now and far away from home.:sad: We just have had so many great vacays at Disney that it really seemed like the place to go for what might be our last big family trip for the forseeable future.

Sob.....

So I plan to really do this one up right! We're staying at the YC from Dec. 13-19 (they insisted we be home for Christmas).

I have ressies for the CP, EPCOT Dive Quest, and scored Be Our Guest (that was an epic feat of determined motherhood, for sure!). Actually, I'm the Belle fan, they couldn't care less about where we eat.

Really looking forward to the Osborne lights, and decorations in general as we've not been during the Holidays before!!!

I'm a touring commando, but I think I'll need dual plans so the kids can stay up as late as their little hearts desire and sleep in if they want. So staying on -site is going to be awesome since they can look after themselves (at Disney, anyway :rotfl:) if they don't want to hang with mom & dad. We have dinner scheduled for just the two of us at the Yachtsman. :flower3:

Today I had a bit of a panic because my master packing list was nowhere to be found. It's a finely-tuned list of which I save different versions depending on where we're going, and it's taken me a dozen years to refine it. I had just mislabeled it "Hawaii" because that's where we went last June. Whew! Now on to the fun stuff!

Welcome - I think you are going to fit in very nicely here. We are a great fun group. We love to give advice, we're very good at enabling shopping and/or spending money, and all are very friendly and nice. I think it's the best thread I've ever been a part of on the Dis. :thumbsup2

You're already sounding disgustingly cute!!! :flower:

Love it :)

Aww you're so cute. :lovestruc

:cool1:

*screams* IT'S STARTED!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

While we were talking last night, I brought up how I was super excited for our nice night out (California Grill), and thought of it as a mini date night. She laughed, and said "Psh, we both know how we act together. The entire trip will be a date." She then blushed, and had one of the biggest smiles I've ever seen. :cutie:

Hi Everyone! My family is taking there first trip to Disney World Dec. 8-13! We went to Disneyland 4 years ago when my dd was 4. My husband promised her when she was 7 and my ds was 4(pregnant with him at Disneyland) we would got to Disney World! That time has now come and we couldn't be more excited! We are staying at Shades of Green. Not planning any character meals as we have a deal for breakfast and dinner at Shades! And for lunch we will probably do a QS meal at whichever park we are at! So excited we cannot wait!

May I join?

Sob.....

Welcome! This is a fun thread and we LOVE to share plans! You're gonna fit in great - you have a master packing list, we like lists :rotfl:

Welcome!!!! The YC looks so nice and great location!!!!! The Osborne Lights are amazing!!!! Glad you found your packing list. :thumbsup2 I am guessing you may need a few more clothes for this trip than you did in Hawaii. :goodvibes

STOP THE ENABLER! QueenElinor, Valgoof is well known round these parts for her Disney Shirt buying habit ... shes tries to justify it by making others buy too :p

STOP THE ENABLER! QueenElinor, Valgoof is well known round these parts for her Disney Shirt buying habit ... shes tries to justify it by making others buy too :p

LOL. I didn't even mean it that way, but I can totally see how you thought that. I just meant she would need real clothes at Disney, not bathing suits and flip flops like in Hawaii. But yes, some new Disney shirts are always appropriate!!

Note--I still have not bought any 2012 shirts. I did just order a camera (hot pink, it says red, but it is definitely more pink). And I am seriously considering PP or PP+.

While we were talking last night, I brought up how I was super excited for our nice night out (California Grill), and thought of it as a mini date night. She laughed, and said "Psh, we both know how we act together. The entire trip will be a date." She then blushed, and had one of the biggest smiles I've ever seen. :cutie:

*jumps up and down* that is totally awesome pixiedust:

Hi Everyone! My family is taking there first trip to Disney World Dec. 8-13! We went to Disneyland 4 years ago when my dd was 4. My husband promised her when she was 7 and my ds was 4(pregnant with him at Disneyland) we would got to Disney World! That time has now come and we couldn't be more excited! We are staying at Shades of Green. Not planning any character meals as we have a deal for breakfast and dinner at Shades! And for lunch we will probably do a QS meal at whichever park we are at! So excited we cannot wait!

:cool1: woo-hoo! Welcome and yay for your first trip to the world ... you do realise that once you've been, thats it, you're hooked :teeth:

LOL. I didn't even mean it that way, but I can totally see how you thought that. I just meant she would need real clothes at Disney, not bathing suits and flip flops like in Hawaii. But yes, some new Disney shirts are always appropriate!!

Note--I still have not bought any 2012 shirts. I did just order a camera (hot pink, it says red, but it is definitely more pink). And I am seriously considering PP or PP+.

Awesome! Which camera did you end up getting?

Welcome!!! We love to give our opinions/advice if you have any questions. Are you going to MVMCP? Make sure you see the Osborne Lights at DHS and the Castle Lights at MK.

I bought a Snow White shirt from disneystore.com the other day because I had free shipping or something and it is SOOOOOOOO long. Whomp. I'll be bringing it back tomorrow, I think. I would like to exchange for something else, so hopefully the Disney Store near my work will have something.

THEY DO A MATCHING HAT !!!!

HAT.jpg

I bought a Snow White shirt from disneystore.com the other day because I had free shipping or something and it is SOOOOOOOO long. Whomp. I'll be bringing it back tomorrow, I think. I would like to exchange for something else, so hopefully the Disney Store near my work will have something.

Bummer. You could wear it as a nightshirt?? :confused3

OMG. The hat is actually kinda cute. I think I like it more than the bag. Buy it and dont tell your daughter or your mother!!!! Did you buy the bag??

Nope, debating the bag - I went to look at it yesterday and it was actually pretty big which surprised me ... wondering if its too big.

Definitely getting the hat though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter