PART FOUR!! *December 2012 Roll Call* Holidays, FLE & MVMCP!! A very, merry thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today might be my next-to-last day in preschool special ed! The vice principal told me yesterday that she thinks she found somebody who can start on Monday. Yay! The head teacher will be out today, which will make today extra-challenging! Sarcastic yay.

We're at 17 days! Woohoo!

Today I'm doing the single digit dance! Wahoo!!! 9 days!

I have 4 pies and 4 loaves of bread to make Wednesday afternoon. DH's family is huge and my parents join the fracas for Thanksgiving, so there's a lot of people to bake for. I will leave work a little early tomorrow to get started. DH and DS will go down around lunch tomorrow so I'm kind of excited to be able to do this alone, at least before my parents get there!!!

Good Morning my little friends :goodvibes

Before we know it, one by one we will all be embarking on our trip .... after all the planning, tweaking and stressing it will be the big moment!!!

Busy day today! I have to get some last minute things for Bronwyns birthday tomorrow. Then grocery shopping to get everything else I need for Thanksgiving as I won't have time tomorrow.

I have two neighbors who can't make pumpkin pie. I thought that was the law as an American :confused3 :p

One side, grandma always made it but sadly she passed, the other side the Dad made it but he had a mid-life crisis and suddenly upped and left to "find himself" .... I could have told him exactly where he was to save him the trouble of finding himself but thats another story :rolleyes2

So, I have to get two pumpkin pies made (I won't make one for us as we don't like it) so for us I need to make blackberry & apple crumble. I also need to to do a checklist and make sure I am ready for Thanksgiving.

Morning. I was another one that was up between 2 and 3am. Finally fell back to sleep.

I need to figure out what I'm going to take to Thanksgiving dinner. Probably a pumpkin pie or maybe an apple streusel. I still also need to know what to bring to dinner on Friday night.

I packed a bit more last night too. Stopping at Bed, Bath and Beyond tonight on the way home to pick up a few small toiletries.

The next 19 days can't go quick enough, I really need this vacation.

Before we know it, one by one we will all be embarking on our trip .... after all the planning, tweaking and stressing it will be the big moment!!!

Busy day today! I have to get some last minute things for Bronwyns birthday tomorrow. Then grocery shopping to get everything else I need for Thanksgiving as I won't have time tomorrow.

I have two neighbors who can't make pumpkin pie. I thought that was the law as an American :confused3 :p

One side, grandma always made it but sadly she passed, the other side the Dad made it but he had a mid-life crisis and suddenly upped and left to "find himself" .... I could have told him exactly where he was to save him the trouble of finding himself but thats another story :rolleyes2

So, I have to get two pumpkin pies made (I won't make one for us as we don't like it) so for us I need to make blackberry & apple crumble. I also need to to do a checklist and make sure I am ready for Thanksgiving.

My step mom has the most spectacular pumpkin pie recipe ever. We stumbled upon it one year baking together, and I think we ate an entire pie between just the two of us. I'll have to post it if I can get her to give it to me for those interested. It's a little different in that it has a candied pecan strussel topping.

It's spectacular.

My step mom has the most spectacular pumpkin pie recipe ever. We stumbled upon it one year baking together, and I think we ate an entire pie between just the two of us. I'll have to post it if I can get her to give it to me for those interested. It's a little different in that it has a candied pecan strussel topping.

It's spectacular.

I heart pumpkin pie... This year I am straying from the traditional and doing the recipe I posted earlier. I am hoping King Arthur Flour has some sort of traditional pumpkin pie in slice form so we may get our fix with out making an entire pie :)

However, Apple blackberry crumble sounds sooooo yummy!!!

Pecan strussel topping???? YUM!!!

And I just did online check in!!!! :hyper:

I am on my laptop and just noticed my ticker!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

It's spectacular.

Oooh, I would love to have the recipe! I love to cook so getting a new recipe is exciting for me :rotfl:

I heart pumpkin pie... This year I am straying from the traditional and doing the recipe I posted earlier. I am hoping King Arthur Flour has some sort of traditional pumpkin pie in slice form so we may get our fix with out making an entire pie :)

However, Apple blackberry crumble sounds sooooo yummy!!!

Pecan strussel topping???? YUM!!!

And I just did online check in!!!! :hyper:

I am on my laptop and just noticed my ticker!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

Hahahahaha - I can feel your energy!!!!

ONLINE CHECK-IN .... ITS REALLY HAPPENING!!!:cool1:

I was just looking at our roll-call list - we have a load of regular posters listed as Nov thru Dec arrivals!!!

How exciting!

I need to start keeping track - quote this and call out your date if you're leaving very soon ..... we need to help you pack!!!!

WedgieSock said:
I was just looking at our roll-call list - we have a load of regular posters listed as Nov thru Dec arrivals!!!

How exciting!

I need to start keeping track - quote this and call out your date if you're leaving very soon ..... we need to help you pack!!!!

Can you come over and help pack?!?! :D

Oooh, I would love to have the recipe! I love to cook so getting a new recipe is exciting for me :rotfl:

Here it is. It's from an online source, but trust me, it's delicious.

Original recipe makes 1 - 9 inch pie

1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree

1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk

2 egg yolks

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon ground ginger

1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg

1/2 teaspoon salt

2 egg whites

1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shell

2 tablespoons all-purpose flour

1/4 cup packed brown sugar

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

2 tablespoons butter, chilled

1 cup chopped walnuts

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).

In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, and egg yolks. Stir in 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt. In a large glass or metal bowl, whip egg whites until soft peaks form. Gently fold into pumpkin mixture. Pour filling into pie shell.

Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven. While the pie is baking, prepare the streusel topping: In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Blend in the cold butter with a fork or pastry blender until the mixture is crumbly. Mix in the chopped nuts. Sprinkle the topping over the pie.

Reduce the heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bake an additional 40 minutes, or until set.

I made these tonight. They were super easy. I got the idea when I saw these gold grapes. I knew I wanted to make Mickey head ornaments and gold will go nicely with my princess frame ornaments. The heads are 1" plastic gold ornaments and the ears are from the gold grapes. I superglued them on:

IMG_0576.jpg

I LOVE that ornament idea! Yet another craft project to add to my to-do list thanks to this roll call.

I agree. This has been a great thread (every PART. Much thanks to tofubeast). But all these months have been great. The up's, the down's. The funny stories and the support. It has been great interacting with all of you.

Now... to avoid complete seriousness, YEAH... we totally kicked the November thread's behind ;)

The poor November thread just never had a chance. Heck, the January and February ones aren't looking up to snuff by our standards either :rotfl2:

Seriously, Tofu deserves some sort of award for orchestrating the biggest Dis roll call thread ever :worship:

Good morning all.

Everyone ready for Turkey Day?

Umm.......no. Everyone comes to our house for dinner and we cook everything, and I still need to go to the grocery store for several items. The house is clean though, and I only have 1/2 a day today and then school's out for the rest of the week, so I have plenty of time to get everything ready this afternoon and tomorrow.

This weekend kind of got taken up with puppy proofing the house since we're bringing our new Corgi puppy home on Friday (baby puppy = best Doorbuster deal EVER :lovestruc). I'd rather forgotten how big a PITA and how freaking expensive baby puppies were. Oh well, too late to back out of the deal now :rotfl:

Today might be my next-to-last day in preschool special ed! The vice principal told me yesterday that she thinks she found somebody who can start on Monday. Yay! The head teacher will be out today, which will make today extra-challenging! Sarcastic yay.

We're at 17 days! Woohoo!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! It would be great if you could get out of that SPED room before your trip!

How nice of you to make those pies for your neighbors when you don't even like pumpkin pie yourself! And I'd LOVE to have your blackberry & apple crumble recipe - it sounds great!

Just checking in with everyone...too busy with work to post but, lurking daily...hourly, actually! We're getting so close! 19 days here!!! Day off today...need to book doggie daycare, MVMCP tickets, Photopass, look for a new suitcase, stop by TJMaxx to buy Burberry weekend...the perfume I paid $85 in England at Epcot that I found for $24.99 at TJMaxx...it will forever remind me of WDW so, I must restock! The Christmas music is on 24 hours/day...it's a great day! :cloud9:
PS. All of the horrible secret keepers in my house, including DBF have spilled the beans about a midnight proposal on 12/12/12, at MVMCP!!! Shhhh...I'm not supposed to know this!:love::love::love:

Umm.......no. Everyone comes to our house for dinner and we cook everything, and I still need to go to the grocery store for several items. The house is clean though, and I only have 1/2 a day today and then school's out for the rest of the week, so I have plenty of time to get everything ready this afternoon and tomorrow.

We were going to host Thanksgiving this year (it being the first year in our house,) but with the wedding, we decided against it. I'm thankful we did. :thumbsup2

A puppy?!

That's awesome. What a great way to celebrate the holidays. They are a lot of work, but SO worth it.

Ack! I just realized my ticker is down to weeks and not months! Exactly one month from today I'll be at the Magic Kingdom, probably eating a cinnamon roll from Gaston's Tavern. Woo Hoo!!!!!! :santa:

Lcaemom said:
Just checking in with everyone...too busy with work to post but, lurking daily...hourly, actually! We're getting so close! 19 days here!!! Day off today...need to book doggie daycare, MVMCP tickets, Photopass, look for a new suitcase, stop by TJMaxx to buy Burberry weekend...the perfume I paid $85 in England at Epcot that I found for $24.99 at TJMaxx...it will forever remind me of WDW so, I must restock! The Christmas music is on 24 hours/day...it's a great day! :cloud9:
PS. All of the horrible secret keepers in my house, including DBF have spilled the beans about a midnight proposal on 12/12/12, at MVMCP!!! Shhhh...I'm not supposed to know this!:love::love::love:

Yeah!!!

Finally got Mickey Mail, canceled out "fall back" reservation off site (I'm not a great decision maker!), pulled out the suitcases, went to Target to pick up a few things, and ready to start panicking! Oh, that should be PACKING. Oh, well, same thing :) getting excited and nervous at the same time. Will be our first time at the Boardwalk. Less than 2 weeks to go. Had a practice trip to OH this weekend and ended up driving 6 hours back to the local ER so hopefully got that drama out of her system and we will be good to go!

HOORAY!!!!!!!! That's Fantastic!!! :banana: You know you're going to have to take tons of photos and maybe video it and put it up on You Tube for all of us to watch ::yes::

Reminds me a bit of how my BIL proposed to my half-sister. The ding dong brought the ring over on Thanksgiving to show Dad and ask for his permission (very sweet), BUT he left it in his jeans pocket, and the jeans ended up in the dirty laundry pile, where my sister of course checked the pockets before washing them, saw the ring, and promptly put it and the jeans back in the dirty pile without washing them until he remembered and got the ring back.............needless to say we had most of the wedding planned before he actually proposed on Christmas Eve :rotfl:

We were going to host Thanksgiving this year (it being the first year in our house,) but with the wedding, we decided against it. I'm thankful we did. :thumbsup2

A puppy?!

That's awesome. What a great way to celebrate the holidays. They are a lot of work, but SO worth it.

Ugh. The holiday on top of everything you're doing for the wedding. You'd be catatonic by the time you left for your WDW honeymoon! Good thing you decided against it!

Yes, the little guy will most definitely be worth the trouble (and I promise to post puppy pics as soon as I have some), and it will be great to have him for Christmas!

I still wish our poor Beethoven doggie hadn't been hit by a car, but I can't bring him back, and at least Mom hasn't been so mired in grief since we found this little dude to add to our family. And there's no way our Brittany dog can keep laying around the house whining all day once the baby puppy comes home!

How exciting!

Leaving next Thursday the 29th. I'm pretty much packed, so is DS.... can someone come help DH!

BTW, it's really hard to pack in secret, let me just put THAT out there...:laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter