PART FOUR!! *December 2012 Roll Call* Holidays, FLE & MVMCP!! A very, merry thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My2Qtz0205 said:
Anybody want to help me get acquainted with Evernote? I'm not grasping its greatness.

PS. Kenny the Pirate has up storyteller hours for Epcot for this week. Think they will change much?

I use Evernote for everything! Literally. It is my paperless filing cabinet. And it is always with me.

To really make use of it you need to be able to add things easily. Make sure you have a) your personal Evernote email address to forward any emails you need to save and b) the web clipper for your browser.

You can organize notes by notebook and/or tags. Or not. Everything is totally searchable (including the text in photos). You can add documents, text, photos, voice notes, etc.

Beyond that, what else can I tell you?

Re: storytellers -Epcot hours are pretty much the same for the next few weeks so I would expect the performance hours to stay the same. No real experience with the storytellers though since this is our first holiday trip. :)

Arrggghhh I am trying to keep up but today has been manic!

Ok, this Brit needs a little bit of help when it comes to tipping - now please don't think we are tight, its just that our servers (in the UK) get paid a regular wage like any other job so a tip is a bonus, not a necessity to survive. I was shocked when I heard what servers get paid here and that tips are needed so I do tip very well.

But, I'm not sure what to do in the situation of CRT - on the menu its says 18% gratuity included ... so does that mean I don't have to tip because they are already getting a tip :confused3 or, are they going to trip me up on the way out and say "oops sorry" whilst thinking "serves you right, you tight wad!!"

I only noticed this by accident - are there any other restaurants where gratuity is included?

How do I handle this *waves "I'm a foreigner, don't roll your eyes" card*

Too bad about those Tigers yesterday :sad1: It's been a tough year for us as newbies in the SEC...I know basketball season will be better - it HAS TO BE!!:cheer2: MIZ-ZOU![/QUOTE

It's been a long football season! It's nice to have the freshman year in the SEC completed though......it's going to take some time to run with the big dogs ;)

Is everyone gettjng ready for Thanksgiving. I'm excited to be making red velvet cake pops, never tried to before, so hoping they come out good!

My daughter's holiday Belle dress came in the mail It fits her perfect! So excited just not sure what to do about shoes??? Since it not summer, so maybe plain black dressy shoes thick tights.

I'm on pie duty for Thanksgiving....but I may cheat a bit and buy the cherry pie from the caterers at the hospital where I work. I'll make the pumpkin pies on Wednesday. Your dd's Belle dress sounds so cute!

Thank you to your whole family, your husband for serving and the rest of you to be the amazing support you are. I have a couple of family members who serve, and as much as I admire them, I admire their families just as much for what they do while they wait for their loved one to return. I think what you do, raising a family on your own while your husband protects us all is so admirable. I will be praying for you all that it is the moment you are hoping for. Even if your little one is shy at first, I know there will be a moment during your trip where it clicks for him and it will be just as magical then. Love and prayers.

Amen to that! My husband was Air Force, my B-I-L a Marine, my nephew a Marine and my niece Army (she graduated from West Point in 2005...and my step son has had 2 tours (he's in the Army). God bless all our military!

Gooooodddd morning!!

I can officially say "I'm getting married next week!"

12 days until Disney!

It's a good Monday.

OMGosh.....it's going to be here in a blink of the eye!

Good morning!

2.5 days of work this week :cool1:

We put up our Christmas tree last night :blush: This was the only time DBF would be able to visit before our Disney trip so I wanted to make sure we decorated the tree together. It's lovely!

I'm getting nervous about the crowds for our trip. The only recent comparison is our Christmas 2010 DL trip. It was pouring rain the entire time and wait times were minimal. All walk on. I'm hoping I don't get frustrated with waits and crowds. :faint:

I wish work wasn't so stressful so I could start relaxing and getting excited again.

I need to straighten up the livingroom so I can put up our tree this weekend! It's on the agenda for sunday!

We've been a little...ambitious.

All the flowers/centerpieces/bouquets are all handmade by us, using paper flowers..

And next week we'll be baking 150 cupcakes, in lieu of having wedding cake.

Should be fun!

I'm a little ready for the honeymoon, if you couldn't tell.

How wonderful to be putting in so many personal touches!

WedgieSock said:

Ok, this Brit needs a little bit of help when it comes to tipping - now please don't think we are tight, its just that our servers (in the UK) get paid a regular wage like any other job so a tip is a bonus, not a necessity to survive. I was shocked when I heard what servers get paid here and that tips are needed so I do tip very well.

But, I'm not sure what to do in the situation of CRT - on the menu its says 18% gratuity included ... so does that mean I don't have to tip because they are already getting a tip :confused3 or, are they going to trip me up on the way out and say "oops sorry" whilst thinking "serves you right, you tight wad!!"

I only noticed this by accident - are there any other restaurants where gratuity is included?

If its included, I only leave extra if the service is really exceptional. I can count the times I've done that on one hand.

Morning peeps! I imagine her little world will be rocked, but I'm very thankful she has a heart of service already.

How wonderful! I think it's important for kids to learn at an early age that they are not the center of the universe!

HA! Me too!!! We were on vacation in St Thomas, Virgin Islands .... hubby was all romantic, and said he could not leave without marrying me ..... I was like "YES!" I mean, perfect wedding for me, on a beach, just us, no invites to worry over, no flowers to order, no catering to stress over yadda yadda yadda.

I loved it :rotfl:

Wow! How fun

Can I just do the single digits dance until vacation starts??!!?? :cool1::banana::dance3::jumping1:

Single digits? Wowsa!!!

Don't think I've mentioned yet but my parents are going to WDW this week, leaving tomorrow night actually! I'm dropping them off at the airport at 5pm so they don't have to leave a car there. This is their second Thanksgiving week trip and I think their 6th-7th trip to WDW, but the first time staying at a hotel in property, though they have stayed in their RV at Ft Wilderness a few times. I'm excited for their trip, since I leave a couple days after they get back, and I can pick their brains for what they saw and experienced while there. :rotfl:

How exciting!

Ok I need some opinions... Does this sound weird... My 17 month old is the worlds worst sleeper. She is a light sleeper and often has night terrors. So we are staying in a 3 bed GV at OKW. Original plan was to have MIL, DD3 and DD1 share a room, DH and I have a room, my mom have a room and SIL & BIL will take pull out couch.

Well for the sake of MIL and DD3's well being I do not think having DD1 share a room with them would be wise... My mom will not give up the master suite so that we could put DD1 in Master bath area, and honestly I would like to not share a room with DD1 - every vacation we've had for the past 3 years meant no down time to watch TV, no quiet place for DH and I to talk, and I am grumpy in the morning. I want to drink my first cup of coffee in silence and not talk to anyone until I've finished it. :)

So there is a laundry room, its like 8x8... Would it be wrong to put the pack n play in there? We will obviously have a baby monitor so we can hear her just like at home... Is this crazy??:crazy2:

I say go for whatever works for everyone!

WedgieSock said:

I would only leave extra if you get some unbelievable service. There is only 3 of you so I don't think you have to worry about added gratuity anywhere else. I think of parties of 6 or more its automatically added - I know it usually is when travel.

Also, I think the dinner shows have tip included like the hoop dee doo....

You are correct, the gratuity is included so no extra is necessary unless the service is outstanding. Off the top of my head, the dinner shows (Hoop dee Doo, Spirit of Aloha), and Akershus are the only others where gratuity is included. All restaurants will include an 18% gratuity if you have six or more people in your party, including babies.

Does anyone wear a lanyard and a pouch such as this to put their tickets in while at WDW? I'm trying to decide if I need one....which i think I do because I have some pins.....but are these pouches sturdy? Can you fit 2 KTTW in them as well as a photopass card? I know dh probably wouldn't wear a lanyard so I may end up keeping all the important stuff with me.

I would only leave extra if you get some unbelievable service. There is only 3 of you so I don't think you have to worry about added gratuity anywhere else. I think of parties of 6 or more its automatically added - I know it usually is when travel.

Also, I think the dinner shows have tip included like the hoop dee doo....

Plus my parents ... but thats still only 5 of us. Thanks for your input!

I got this email today, just some more info on the surprise for the kids. I've been working with some pretty awesome CM's on this - I have a massive thank you letter to write.

a surprise update: this is the idea Carl, from AoA has for Daddy's introduction.

"We do a dance mob occasionally where we dance to a Little Mermaid song in the lobby. (You can see it on you tube if you search for Art of Animation dance). At the end of the dance we walk toward a selected guest in the lobby and end with raising our hands and yelling "hey". It is great fun and a lot is going on during the dance to keep the kids attention. If your husband comes from the back with a large poster of Ariel in front of him at the end of the song (guided by one of us to where you are sitting) then at the end when we say "hey" he can drop the sign and be right in front of you."

How awesome is this???pixiedust:

It took 10+ months, but I finally got answers and a back and forth with the parties that are coming down to Disney. We discussed everything from ADR's, to wake up times, to how late we will stay in the parks. And I got detailed opinions of which rides and characters are a must.

And a big thank you to BDLsgal for bringing in the shopping strategies. I would've completely forgetten about that. :thumbsup2

It's nice when things start to come together!

I just finished Online Check-In!!!!! :yay::banana::woohoo:

That just made it SOOOO much more real! I've been in a bit of denial or something lately, just haven't felt like getting ready or finalizing plans or packing lists or anything. Checking-in definitely does it though!

I was a bit disappointed though, as I see they changed the system and now allow for guests at Saratoga to make requests for which section, close to transportation or pool, which floor, etc. I've already requested the Grandstand section, but thought I'd do it on the online check-in as well as request to be close to the pool again, but there was an error and it says I have to call. So not sure what's going on, but either way doesn't matter to me as the CM already put a note on the ressie when I originally booked.

Either way, I don't care where we end up, I'M GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!!! :dance3:

That's right! I haven't decided whether we should do online check in or not.

Ok fellow December trippers... I need some words of wisdom here...

I'm having the hardest time with DBF and his lack of Disney excitement at our impending trip... now understand, I get that I'm totally the more passionate between us and that I'm excitable about pretty much everything that involves us, traveling, us ALONE traveling and basically anything vacation.

Here we are 11 days away, 7 business days, and he has yet to order our tickets from UT. I feel like I'm kinda all alone in planning and even thinking about our trip and it's getting a little frustrating and truthfully, even a little sad.

Do I expect that everyday he'll give me our countdown or some minutia about WDW? No, not at all, but I don't think it's too much to expect that he'd at least talk about it as if he realizes it's right around the corner or even that we're going at all!? :confused3

So last night, I kinda errupted (nicely) and finally said, "what trip? I've come to the conclusion you've been blowing smoke up my a$$ about it the whole time! We're not even going, we don't have park tickets or have even talked about travel day details like what time we're leaving and if we're staying in Austin after all?!" :furious:

His response: "I don't have to think about all that, that's what I have you for... I just booked it - you get to plan it..." :faint:

ugh... so needless to say, I'm so glad to have you all here... at least here, I can be excited about the silliest, smallest and most minute details and someone else will be excited too...

that's all... carry on... :mic:

gina

I think it's hard when one person is so excited and "into" something and the other is not.....dh is in no way as huge a Disney freak as I am....but I can tell he's really getting excited about our trip. You just come here and share excitement with us. I am worried about your ticket situation, though. I got my Universal hoppers from UT and they did come really fast in the mail....I suppose you could order at the last minute and have them shipped overnight. I think you'll feel better once your tickets are in your hot little hands!

Also, thought I'd share a little thing that made my day..

A friend from the west coast just informed me that she purchased part of our wedding gift...at Disneyland, no less.

Mr. and Mrs. bride and groom mickey ear hats!

Officially geeking out.

:cool1:

That is going to be so much fun to wear in the parks!!!

I got this email today, just some more info on the surprise for the kids. I've been working with some pretty awesome CM's on this - I have a massive thank you letter to write.

a surprise update: this is the idea Carl, from AoA has for Daddy's introduction.

"We do a dance mob occasionally where we dance to a Little Mermaid song in the lobby. (You can see it on you tube if you search for Art of Animation dance). At the end of the dance we walk toward a selected guest in the lobby and end with raising our hands and yelling "hey". It is great fun and a lot is going on during the dance to keep the kids attention. If your husband comes from the back with a large poster of Ariel in front of him at the end of the song (guided by one of us to where you are sitting) then at the end when we say "hey" he can drop the sign and be right in front of you."

This sounds wonderful! :lovestruc And people wonder why so many people keep going back to WDW? It's because of fantastic CMs like this who work hard to make your vacation so special. This sounds like a really cool idea on how to bring out your husband! :goodvibespixiedust:

OMG, I'm tearing up thinking about it!!!

:rotfl: Thats ok, its information overload on the roll-call ... so many people, so many trips, so much excitement!!!

Can you believe we are nearly at our time!!!!!

Seriously, we need a thread to all come back to so we can share our trips. We have bonded over the months, this can't be it.

HA! I'm thinking of the end scene in Grease .... when Frenchie says 'maybe we'll never see each other again ....' :lmao:

That is awesome! So glad you have cm's working with you to make your DH's homecoming extra special. You all deserve it for the sacrifices you have made!

surfergirl602 said:

That is really awesome! The kids are going to be floored when they make the mental jump from Ariel to daddy. The more you talk about this, the more excited I am for you. And teary

WedgieSock said:

:rotfl: Thats ok, its information overload on the roll-call ... so many people, so many trips, so much excitement!!!

Seriously, we need a thread to all come back to so we can share our trips. We have bonded over the months, this can't be it.

HA! I'm thinking of the end scene in Grease .... when Frenchie says 'maybe we'll never see each other again ....' :lmao:

I'm in! I think people have suggested a group trip report, aka Dec roll callers part 52 :lmao:
Then a move to the community board to chat. I mean, come on, there was a Grease 2! LOL!! :roftl2:

WedgieSock said:

We do need to continue this thread - I really live chatting with everyone the past few months!!

I have tears in my eyes. that is how awesome it is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter