parksavers vs UCT

I bought through Parksavers and upgraded to a gold AP in July. No problems at all. The first email they send you will have their confirmation number and not Disneys. I panicked a little also when I tried to put those in MDE. The will send you another email in a few days that will have the Disney confirmation number. No worries. It took 2-3 days before I got that second email.

Also, I used the ticket first. I only did that because the line at guest services was long at the time. If you're concerned about whether to use the ticket first or not, just upgrade on your way out of the park on your first day. Easy peasy.

I bought through Parksavers and upgraded to a gold AP in July. No problems at all. The first email they send you will have their confirmation number and not Disneys. I panicked a little also when I tried to put those in MDE. They will send you another email in a few days that will have the Disney confirmation number. No worries. It took 2-3 days before I got that second email.
Where did you do the upgrade--ticket window, Guess Relations window? Did you use a day on the Parksavers ticket before upgrading (apparently that is not necessary anymore)?

I need to get a ticket for my niece (17 year old). On Parksavers they are asking for the name of the person redeeming the ticket. Is it OK if I put my name there since I will be the one actually buying the ticket? I figure it is kind of a moot thing since we will be linking the ticket in MDE...

Thanks!!

Where did you do the upgrade--ticket window, Guess Relations window? Did you use a day on the Parksavers ticket before upgrading (apparently that is not necessary anymore)?

I upgraded at the guest relations window at Hollywood Studios. I used the ticket first because the line was long when we got there.

I need to get a ticket for my niece (17 year old). On Parksavers they are asking for the name of the person redeeming the ticket. Is it OK if I put my name there since I will be the one actually buying the ticket? I figure it is kind of a moot thing since we will be linking the ticket in MDE...

Thanks!!
Yes, you can put your name. You're right. Since you're using MDE, it doesn't matter.

Ok, just wanted to update-sorry for the delay, I have had so much school work to do!
Parksavers sends 3 email, one a confirmation of purchase, another certificate looking thing with your reciept number type thing, and then an email with your ticket numbers which are used at MDE to link your tickets. That code has letters to start the number that coincide with your name.
Those linked perfectly with no problems. Now I just have to wait until the trip to upgrade to AP (in june)!!

I just bought tickets yesterday ( Thursday) from Park Savers. I put in the info square that my FP booking is on the 16th Aug. and if I would get them by then. I got my 1st and second emails the same day (Thursday). Today I got the 3rd email with my codes on them. I went in to MDE and they went right in with no problems. An hour later I got confirmation from Disney Destinations that my tickets are now added to my MDE . All good.

For your info: make sure if you have more than 1 ticket to right down what code number (from the 3rd email) that you want to use on for each person. Once it's on MDE I could not find what code was for each of us. That didn't matter because I already wrote down who got each number. Not that you need it but I feel better with the numbers.

Now the cost:
on UT we were going to get a 3 day PHs plus 1 extra day for $388.74 each.----total $777.48

Park savers had a 5 day PH with water park fun and more for $390.28 each.--- total $780.56 minus $4.00 with code (Disneytouristblog) making the total $776.56. Can you guess what one I got? We got 1 more day of PH and 5 day water parks for $ .92
not responsible for errors.

Ready for this? I got 4 day park hopper with 3 free days (total 7) for 389.00!! Totally blew away undercover which I have used for years. We are only doing 6 days but it was worth it going for the 7th!!! We are a group of 7 people so you can imagine the savings!!!

On the parksavers page, it asks for a "redemption date". My wife is going to Orlando for a conference in late January, and is going to work in a couple of Disney days, so it makes sense to buy the "7 for the price of 4" ticket for her, then upgrade to AP while there for our later trips in the year. The redemption date won't let you put any date into 2017 in there. Does it matter what the redemption date is? I wouldn't think so, since they're linkable to MDE anyway, but figured I'd ask before I pull the trigger.

On the parksavers page, it asks for a "redemption date". My wife is going to Orlando for a conference in late January, and is going to work in a couple of Disney days, so it makes sense to buy the "7 for the price of 4" ticket for her, then upgrade to AP while there for our later trips in the year. The redemption date won't let you put any date into 2017 in there. Does it matter what the redemption date is? I wouldn't think so, since they're linkable to MDE anyway, but figured I'd ask before I pull the trigger.

Redemption date does not matter. I had put November in for all 11 of my tix. I have already linked all to MDE accounts.

Just wondering why people buy tickets and then upgrade to an AP? Instead of just getting an AP to begin with? Can you save a lot of money?

Just wondering why people buy tickets and then upgrade to an AP? Instead of just getting an AP to begin with? Can you save a lot of money?

Example:

If I were to buy an AP Gold outright from Disney, it would cost me, as a DVC member, $584.69 with tax.

By buying the parksavers 4 day PH ticket with 3 free days, I can "bridge" the value of that ticket toward an annual pass. So, I buy the parksavers ticket for $392.46 ($394.46 - $2 using the disneytouristblog code). When I go to upgrade to an annual pass, I actually get full credit for a 7 day PH ticket, with a value of $467.54. So, to upgrade to an AP, I would only pay the difference between $467.54 and $584.69, or $117.15.

So, in effect, I've paid $392.46 + $117.15 = $509.61 for my AP Gold, instead of $584.69, for a savings of $75.08.

When you buy a ticket from a broker like Under Cover Tourist or Park savers, it is a discounted ticket. When you upgrade to an AP, Disney applies the current LIST price of the ticket to your AP. It's just a way to save some money on passes.

Example:

If I were to buy an AP Gold outright from Disney, it would cost me, as a DVC member, $584.69 with tax.

By buying the parksavers 4 day PH ticket with 3 free days, I can "bridge" the value of that ticket toward an annual pass. So, I buy the parksavers ticket for $392.46 ($394.46 - $2 using the disneytouristblog code). When I go to upgrade to an annual pass, I actually get full credit for a 7 day PH ticket, with a value of $467.54. So, to upgrade to an AP, I would only pay the difference between $467.54 and $584.69, or $117.15.

So, in effect, I've paid $392.46 + $117.15 = $509.61 for my AP Gold, instead of $584.69, for a savings of $75.08.
Wow, that can add up for a family of 5...... Thanks for the tip

I am not going until June of next year and there are no concerns over dates on tickets. I uploaded them onto MDE and they will not activate until I walk in the park and use my "magicband or magic puck". We shall see what that will be!!! Big savings!

This is an *incredibly* interesting & informative thread. We just bought the 4 days-3 days free from PS because we weren't sure if the AP would work for us. But after reading through, we are excited. We're planning on going next fall 2017, but keeping an eye on David's for dedicated rentals on sale this fall for a short getaway (or, hey, a week, if the price is right Lol!). If the timing is right and we'd be there long enough (more than 3 days) then we'd upgrade, or "bridge" as I guess is the lingo???, to an AP. That would essentially mean park tickets for $75 pp for this trip, this year. Wow.

Thanks, Dis-dudes & dudettes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter