parksavers vs UCT

glencoe

DIS Veteran
Checking prices for tix for an upcoming trip in June. Why is UCT so much more money than parksavers today? Parksavers has some combination tix that are quite a bit lower than UCT , for the same parkhopper option. I thought this was unusual as I always use UCT, any thoughts? Should I just buy the parksavers tix before anything changes?
Thanks!!

They both pay Disney approx. 90% of gate price when they purchase tickets wholesale. What they resell them for is up to each company.

I am surprised at the price difference also, glencoe, since we have always used UCT. But I recently bought from Parksavers. Try this code: DISNEYTOURISTBLOG for an extra $2.00 off each ticket (not sure if this code has expired or not).

We have always used UCT, no familiar with Parksavers, do they send you a real ticket or just a voucher code? And has anyone had any problems upgrading either extra days or to an AP?

We have always used UCT, no familiar with Parksavers, do they send you a real ticket or just a voucher code? And has anyone had any problems upgrading either extra days or to an AP?

We have never even used UCT and had only ever bought directly thru DVC but just recently bought the Parksavers deal (using the add'l $2 off DISNEYTOURISTBLOG discount) after reading on several threads that the tix were legit and upgradable. There is of course always the chance with either place that you'd get an uninformed CM that doesn't understand the system. They emailed us voucher codes which I entered into MDE in order to book our FP+'s last week. We plan on upgrading to the Gold AP in Sept. I am a little aprehensive about the process as I've never bought from any secondary reseller before.

We have never even used UCT and had only ever bought directly thru DVC but just recently bought the Parksavers deal (using the add'l $2 off DISNEYTOURISTBLOG discount) after reading on several threads that the tix were legit and upgradable. There is of course always the chance with either place that you'd get an uninformed CM that doesn't understand the system. They emailed us voucher codes which I entered into MDE in order to book our FP+'s last week. We plan on upgrading to the Gold AP in Sept. I am a little aprehensive about the process as I've never bought from any secondary reseller before.

I have used and upgraded the UCT tickets in the past without any problems. But they have always sent me 'real tickets'. The deal with Parksavers just seams "too good to be true". Just remember to use the ticket at least once before you upgrade, so you will get full face value.

Just remember to use the ticket at least once before you upgrade, so you will get full face value.
Per a Disney ticketing CM that posts over in the Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board, this is not necessary.

I am asking those same questions Bill. I have read here on another post that it is a voucher and you can upgrade and bridge to ap? If this is true I am on it....but really want to make sure before I make a big $$ mistake!!

Ok, explain this to me....https://parksavers.com/walt-disney-world-tickets/page/2/ ...I am looking at the 7 day (3 free) which is much less than other options on the same site and compared to UCT https://www.undercovertourist.com/orlando/walt-disney-world-resort/#tickets for 6 day parkhoppers as well much better!

Thanks for explaining how this can be done, but just want to make sure it is not too good to be true! Never had a problem with UCT, I am new to Parksavers.

My plan is buying for 4 people-6 day park trip.....for next June, then upgrading two of them to gold AP for a trip later that year. Although I have read the "expiration date of Dec. 2018 does not apply" they will be used well before that anyway.

I plan on buying now....linking them to MDE now. Has anyone done this yet? Alot of us are planning it, just want to make sure it goes through, as I mentioned before it is a big $$ mistake:crazy2:
Thanks guys!!!:flower1:

Ok, explain this to me....https://parksavers.com/walt-disney-world-tickets/page/2/ ...I am looking at the 7 day (3 free) which is much less than other options on the same site and compared to UCT https://www.undercovertourist.com/orlando/walt-disney-world-resort/#tickets for 6 day parkhoppers as well much better!

Thanks for explaining how this can be done, but just want to make sure it is not too good to be true! Never had a problem with UCT, I am new to Parksavers.

My plan is buying for 4 people-6 day park trip.....for next June, then upgrading two of them to gold AP for a trip later that year. Although I have read the "expiration date of Dec. 2018 does not apply" they will be used well before that anyway.

I plan on buying now....linking them to MDE now. Has anyone done this yet? Alot of us are planning it, just want to make sure it goes through, as I mentioned before it is a big $$ mistake:crazy2:
Thanks guys!!!:flower1:

I've purchased 8 adult tickets and 3 child tickets via parksavers. I have already linked 4 of the adult tickets to users in MDE for trips we have already booked (Nov. 16 and Jan. 17). I have not had a chance to bridge them yet, so I don't know how easy that is going to be.

It's pretty easy to link them to your online account. After you pay, a few days later, you get an email with the codes for each ticket. you then use that code when you link the tickets to your MDE account.

I've purchased 8 adult tickets and 3 child tickets via parksavers. I have already linked 4 of the adult tickets to users in MDE for trips we have already booked (Nov. 16 and Jan. 17). I have not had a chance to bridge them yet, so I don't know how easy that is going to be.

It's pretty easy to link them to your online account. After you pay, a few days later, you get an email with the codes for each ticket. you then use that code when you link the tickets to your MDE account.

Since I've never bought from ANY resellers before I didn't know that UCT sent "real" tix. Now my confusion is that now that I've received the codes AND have linked them to MDE if we don't have "real" tix how do we go about upgrading them if all I had was a code? I mean, the codes were valid as I entered them in MDE and it was recognized and let me plan FP+. But so do they just read our magic bands somehow?

I guess I need to see what I can find out on the strategies & planning boards or something as obviously nobody here on the DVC boards really understands how this works now. What exactly am I using to upgrade? The codes? Uggg.

Since I've never bought from ANY resellers before I didn't know that UCT sent "real" tix. Now my confusion is that now that I've received the codes AND have linked them to MDE if we don't have "real" tix how do we go about upgrading them if all I had was a code? I mean, the codes were valid as I entered them in MDE and it was recognized and let me plan FP+. But so do they just read our magic bands somehow?
Yes, the CM can scan your MagicBand(s) and they will see the tickets. The CM could also find the tickets by using the confirmation number you used to link them to MDE.

This is really no different than if you purchased MYW tickets from disneyworld.com and selected will call.

I guess I need to see what I can find out on the strategies & planning boards or something as obviously nobody here on the DVC boards really understands how this works now. What exactly am I using to upgrade? The codes? Uggg.

Yes, UCT can send real tickets, although with MDE they also have the option of just getting the voucher and linking (did that early this year for my sister and niece. Once your ticket is on MDE that is all that is needed. Since MDE we've upgraded UCT tickets (actually, older one's that were bought even pre-RFID but I linked them to our MDE account) just have always followed the protocol of entering a park. In order to upgrade we handed our MB to the CM. Even without following the previously reported as necessary protocol of entering the park, the advent of MDE and linking tickets meant we would have just handed our MB to the CM.

I haven't handed an actual ticket to a CM to upgrade since before MB's because at that time the ticket card was what was the only thing one had which showed your entitlements.

Yes, the CM can scan your MagicBand(s) and they will see the tickets. The CM could also find the tickets by using the confirmation number you used to link them to MDE.

This is really no different than if you purchased MYW tickets from disneyworld.com and selected will call.

Yes, UCT can send real tickets, although with MDE they also have the option of just getting the voucher and linking (did that early this year for my sister and niece. Once your ticket is on MDE that is all that is needed. Since MDE we've upgraded UCT tickets (actually, older one's that were bought even pre-RFID but I linked them to our MDE account) just have always followed the protocol of entering a park. In order to upgrade we handed our MB to the CM. Even without following the previously reported as necessary protocol of entering the park, the advent of MDE and linking tickets meant we would have just handed our MB to the CM.

I haven't handed an actual ticket to a CM to upgrade since before MB's because at that time the ticket card was what was the only thing one had which showed your entitlements.

Thanks guys. I had read several reports of people having no problems upgrading the parksavers tix (which is why I ordered them) then as I keep reading people questioning their validity I started questioning myself on "OMG what have I gone & done"!! :rotfl:

I bought them!! I researched, and will trust in what I have read!! LOL. I figure they will work as park tickets and if I can up grade with the bridge thing great, if not oh well I will upgrade anyway! Not going to sweat it any further.:flower3:

We bought Park Savers and saved over UT and they loaded right into the MDE with no problems. We are going in Oct. and plan to upgrade them to AP's.

The last time I got a ticket from UT we got the voucher numbers too. That is also what Shades of Green does if you are staying there. You can order the tickets through them and they too send the numbers so you can add them to MDE.

yikes- got my Parksavers vouchers. First they are Expedia vouchers and now the numbers wont load on MDE?

I sent an email since they have been helpful before, but they are on mountain time and don't open for a bit.....now I am a little nervous as I remember someone saying something about Expedia vouchers can't be upgraded?

The voucher number starts with an EX and has the required numbers the MDE says I need to have-it is not taking any of them. I will update back here with what ever info I get....:chat:

yikes- got my Parksavers vouchers. First they are Expedia vouchers and now the numbers wont load on MDE?

I sent an email since they have been helpful before, but they are on mountain time and don't open for a bit.....now I am a little nervous as I remember someone saying something about Expedia vouchers can't be upgraded?

The voucher number starts with an EX and has the required numbers the MDE says I need to have-it is not taking any of them. I will update back here with what ever info I get....:chat:

I also ordered the 7-day hoppers from parksavers earlier in July and plan to upgrade them to AP's - also received Expedia vouchers but my confirmation numbers did not start with EX. Perhaps the EX is a coincidence? I was able to enter them into MDE with no problems other than it was the first time I'd done it so it took me a little while to figure out (and a text to another DISer to help me).

My email clearly says they are Disney Confirmation #'s though.

Per a Disney ticketing CM that posts over in the Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board, this is not necessary.

Yeah but other CMs have said the exact opposite. Personally, I'd error of the side of caution.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter