Parking at DVC resorts

We’re new DVC members and We are currently staying at Pop century 11/13-11/19(still here) but we have been charged for parking. This was a cash reservation. We went to the front desk to see what/if anything could be done for parking fees. We were told that they have been instructed that the only way to wave parking fees is if the reservation was booked via points AT the home resort. I thought this was strange and came here for answers. Not finding any I figured I would share what we were told. I hope this particular cast member was misinformed. Will call member services in the AM.

The reason DVC owners do not pay for parking when staying at a DVC resort is because it is a common element and its upkeep is part of the dues that we pay. This applies to any owner/guest or renter of owner staying DVC on points or cash. If a DVC owners uses points to trade into a WDW hotel, then the owner would be entitled to free parking because they are using their membership to book the room. So, if you had traded your points to book Pop, then you would be eligible for free parking.

Since your reservation is a cash reservation, and you are not using your membership to stay there, parking fees apply.

Can DVC owners park at a DVC resort if not staying there? I’m guessing no…
Not for free, no. Your fractional part of the upkeep gets you free parking only while using your points. The near-park resorts don't have the space to let every partial owner park there all the time.

Can DVC owners park at a DVC resort if not staying there? I’m guessing no…

As DVC owners we have the same rules as everyone else to park at resorts. The only aspect we get is not paying the overnight rate when staying at a DVC resort points or cash or at a non DVC resort when using points.

Other than that, we are the same as cash guests.

Last edited:
Quick question regarding parking. We have some local relatives coming over for dinner one night can they use our parking benefit? We won’t have a car with us. Would they need to be on the reservation for the parking?

They usually will allow guests of people staying at the resort in to visit as long as they are able to provide your name and room number.

But, it does depend on what resort and how strict they want it be. The benefit for DVC is that we don’t pay for overnight parking…parking to visit other resorts is not the same.

Quick question regarding parking. We have some local relatives coming over for dinner one night can they use our parking benefit? We won’t have a car with us. Would they need to be on the reservation for the parking?
People w/ an ADR at a resort can park for free for something like 3 hours. We’ve had family staying off site park at AKV to join us (we didn’t have a car) they just needed to tell the gate our name & villa no., but some resorts have less parking capacity & are reportedly stricter.

We're trading into Saratoga Springs through RCI in May. Will we have to pay for parking there or at the parks?

We're trading into Saratoga Springs through RCI in May. Will we have to pay for parking there or at the parks?
No, you won't have to pay at SSR because you're an RCI exchange guest - if you see overnight parking charges on your folio, just let the front desk know you booked via RCI, and they'll take it off. You won't have to pay at the parks, either, because you're staying at a Disney resort. When you enter the parking lot, the CM will scan your MB or your key card and wave you through.

No, you won't have to pay at SSR because you're an RCI exchange guest - if you see overnight parking charges on your folio, just let the front desk know you booked via RCI, and they'll take it off. You won't have to pay at the parks, either, because you're staying at a Disney resort. When you enter the parking lot, the CM will scan your MB or your key card and wave you through.

Thank you! That's exactly what I was hoping to hear.

Dvc owner two contracts at AKL but staying this weekend in a Jambo regular hotel room. Stuck paying for parking?

Thanks!

Dvc owner two contracts at AKL but staying this weekend in a Jambo regular hotel room. Stuck paying for parking?

Thanks!
If you didn’t book your room with points, then yes, you gotta pay for parking

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter