Paid parking is coming to WDW resorts March 2018

Will the new resort parking fees impact your travel (planned or future)?

• Not at all

Votes: 234 28.6%
  • I might consider staying off site

Votes: 245 30.0%
  • I will keep my currently booked trip, but will not stay on site after that

Votes: 161 19.7%
  • I will cancel my booked trip and stay off site instead

Votes: 37 4.5%
  • I will not be returning to Disney parks in the foreseeable future

Votes: 79 9.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 61 7.5%

• Total voters
DH and I travel from the UK and normally have a fairly limited spending allowance because a lot of our budget is eaten up by the travel and hotel costs, we normally stay 14 nights to make a trip that far worthwhile. The cost of parking at a hotel will put a massive dent in our budget! Our next trip is in September and I'm hoping that because our trip is already booked then we will be exempt from the parking fees. For 2 weeks just staying at a value this would set us back around $180, we're travelling on a budget so this would wipe out our option of having any of our planned TS meals as we are not on DDP. This trip is our first to WDW since 2012 and will be our last one for a long time so we were hoping that it would be fairly stress free and we'd be able to have a few nice meals to celebrate our wedding anniversary and 30th birthdays but in one simple decision Disney may have ruined some of these plans. We have always had a rental car on previous trips so we can explore the surrounding area and both of us don't really like using the buses unless we want a couple of drinks at DS or food and wine festival so not having a car isn't really an option either.

Who's got the email address where I can send my opinion on this?
Just go to the WDW web site and scroll to the bottom of the help page.
There is a link called "Contact Us".
The link gives several options for contacting them.
I've already given them my opinion of their uber greedy move.......

Terrible decision by nothing but a typical, for profit, public corporation. Great American capitalism at its best! "The Walt Disney Company" is understandably a luxury destination for families, and that comes at an understandable premium, but the change in the average trip cost over the last 5, 10 years is RIDICULOUS. The more they hook people into 40 year DVC contracts, the more brazen they get. The repetitive theme lately is to bleed a turnip every chance they get with additional experiences, upgrades, premiums, upcharges, tiers, astronomical price increases above inflation, etc.

I'm sadly reading more and more Disney nuts like us suggest it isn't "worth" it anymore. Would've never thought this magical place could come to that. Poor Walt; poor wallet.

I think they would be foolish to try. I'm not sure how well charging people to park to shop would work. I don't think the locals would go for that.

Citywalk at Universal is able to do it because their shopping/restaurant district is at the same place as the parks. But even they have free parking after 6 pm so the locals will come to eat and shop.

I can see lines for miles after 6pm waiting to park lol

Given the recent news about the new resort parking fees, there has certainly been a lot of outcry from upset people. However, I'm wondering, how many will actually change their plans because of it? Whether it's due to the financial aspect of it, or just the principle of blatant money grabbing.

DH and I travel from the UK and normally have a fairly limited spending allowance because a lot of our budget is eaten up by the travel and hotel costs, we normally stay 14 nights to make a trip that far worthwhile. The cost of parking at a hotel will put a massive dent in our budget! Our next trip is in September and I'm hoping that because our trip is already booked then we will be exempt from the parking fees. For 2 weeks just staying at a value this would set us back around $180, we're travelling on a budget so this would wipe out our option of having any of our planned TS meals as we are not on DDP. This trip is our first to WDW since 2012 and will be our last one for a long time so we were hoping that it would be fairly stress free and we'd be able to have a few nice meals to celebrate our wedding anniversary and 30th birthdays but in one simple decision Disney may have ruined some of these plans. We have always had a rental car on previous trips so we can explore the surrounding area and both of us don't really like using the buses unless we want a couple of drinks at DS or food and wine festival so not having a car isn't really an option either.

If your trip is already booked, then you will not have to pay for parking. The parking fee will apply to any reservation that is booked after March 21.

I'm predicting the winner of this move will be the CAB Companies, and Uber :).
Fortunately, we are DVC owners. And we fly in - never rent a car.
I do think (as mentioned above) that the WDW Buses are going to see an aggravated capacity issue.

The expectation is to be in line with the Disneyland resort policies. So if you are visiting you can get parking waived with a valid receipt from dining, etc.

Great. So now I have to keep up with a receipt and wait in a line behind others who are having their receipts validated.

The principle of charging for something that provides no additional benefit to me is huge for me, but I think even bigger than that could be my loss of freedom. Perhaps my biggest love of WDW is the freedom I feel when I am there. I can come and go as I like. I have many times just driven to visit a resort, walk around, take photos, buy a drink and snack or a lunch, and look forward to staying at the resort in the future. I don't want to have to talk to someone and show a receipt or pay a fee before I can leave. That makes it feel like I am at a hospital- not a vacation resort (have to get checked out and receive permission before I can leave).

I am truly appalled by this. It feels as if my loyal friend of ten years has just told me he has only been hanging around me for my money. Makes me want to dump him.

My gripe is that the parking price is tiered depending on your resort level.

Why is parking more costly at a deluxe resort than at a value resort? It’s a commodity that is the same at each resort that should be priced the same at each location, not tiered.

Here is what I sent to Disney. I sent it to Dining as thats the only address I had.

But if anyone can give me an addy for Guest Relations or another group that would be responsive, let me know!
__________________________________________________________-

This is what I posted on a very active Disney Blog

There seems to be confusion on the blogs about the parking fee:
If you made the reservation before the 3/21 date is the fee for parking
Or
If your stay is after 3/21 you’ll have to pay the parking fee?
Do the Annual Passholders get any type or discount or waive of the parking fee?
The news will impact my October/November reservation.
Disney is really screwing up on this. I am seriously considering staying offsite at a much nicer place and just popping over since I’m an AP with free parking. I would be giving up either my August stay to the tune of 1000 bucks and a Fall stay for 600 bucks. Disney loses.
I’m going to look into 4 Seasons, Waldorf and the Ritz. Apparently Disney doesn’t want my money.

Last edited:
Given the recent news about the new resort parking fees, there has certainly been a lot of outcry from upset people. However, I'm wondering, how many will actually change their plans because of it? Whether it's due to the financial aspect of it, or just the principle of blatant money grabbing.
We have been staying at The Boardwalk in a studio each of the last five summers because that is what we can afford. My wife and I have been discussing still going to Disney but staying at other places where we can get a one bedroom reservation for less money than Disney so we have more room as our Daughter gets older. Up until this point, we have put up with the rising costs of renting points each year because we like being able to walk to two parks but the impending price increase of renting points each year combined with an extra $24 per day to park has put us over the edge. I can put up with a ten minute ride in the car and on a tram to save between $1000-$1500 over nine nights and get a one bedroom instead of a studio.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter