• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Packing Essentials

Purex makes a product called Purex 3 in 1. It looks like a dryer sheet coated with laundry soa and that is just what it is. pop it in the washer and then the dryer. Great for travel!

I will look for that, thanks

1) What is your ONE essential thing you have to pack when you go to WDW? My credit card for Shopping!

2) If you've sailed on DCL before, what is ONE thing you found to be essential to bring with you? A notebook to record all the fun memories for the day. So much happens on the cruse it helps me remember all the good times when I get back home.

3) If you've sailed on DCL before, what is ONE thing that you forgot to pack and really wish you had? Baseball hat for each day so it is clean and fresh each morning.

4) What is something you have packed on multiple trips and have found you just tote it pack and forth and don't utilize it? Are you considering not bringing this with you? To be honest my camera. It has been all over the word and I always forget to take pictures…

1) What is your ONE essential thing you have to pack when you go to WDW?

It has to be 2 things, good shoes and the camera. I can't imagine going without either

2) If you've sailed on DCL before, what is ONE thing you found to be essential to bring with you?

A power strip. The outlets are too few and inconveniently placed.

3) If you've sailed on DCL before, what is ONE thing that you forgot to pack and really wish you had?

Slightly more casual clothes for dinner (other than Palo night). Dressy casual is perfect for the other nights.

4) What is something you have packed on multiple trips and have found you just tote it pack and forth and don't utilize it? Are you considering not bringing this with you?

Too many clothes. I am going to try and pay close attention to the weather forecasts and bring the necessary clothing.

Kim

Keeping this fresh.....need all the great ideas I can get

Good walking shoes!

2) If you've sailed on DCL before, what is ONE thing you found to be essential to bring with you?

For me...my blowdryer! :goodvibes For DH...power cord.

3) If you've sailed on DCL before, what is ONE thing that you forgot to pack and really wish you had?

Hats for Castaway (speaking of which I need to pull out the closet now) :rotfl:

4) What is something you have packed on multiple trips and have found you just tote it pack and forth and don't utilize it? Are you considering not bringing this with you?

Ponchos however the moment I don't bring them it rains like crazy :rotfl:

Purex makes a product called Purex 3 in 1. It looks like a dryer sheet coated with laundry soa and that is just what it is. pop it in the washer and then the dryer. Great for travel!

We used Purex last year. Was great to just pop it in, and forget about it.:thumbsup2

I will look for that, thanks

The Purex sheets are great - I bought some last year and used them at WDW. You can purchase the refills and store them in a Zip Lock Bag to keep fresh until needed. I keep them with my travel supplies.

Watch your Sunday paper for coupons to save $$ when buying them.

Since a few of us have started talking about packing or setting stuff aside to go in the suitcase for the cruise, I just thought I would ask a multi part question:

iPhone
Water bottle (seldom used for water ;) )
Air freshener
DH. Won't bother bringing again.

ok well obviously I am local and go to WDW all the time so I don't really have anything essential other than my cell I guess. Sometimes I am happier leaving it behind.

For DCL though, the one thing I didn't bring last time was a couple CUPS to make my drinks with! We had a very hard time getting a drinking container, at least until the half yards at senior frogs :rotfl::rotfl:

Also packed tons of booze and forgot the mixers, figured we could just get for free, which you can if you want pop, but OJ/cranberry/pineapple juice you have to pay for. I wont make that mistake again!!

Since a few of us have started talking about packing or setting stuff aside to go in the suitcase for the cruise, I just thought I would ask a multi part question:

I don't think I can narrow these down to just 1 for each question ;)
1. Travel size package of Huggies wipes (has SO many uses), Teva flip flops, ziplocks

2. A sweater, it gets quite cool at dinner, in the theaters and on deck at night, highlighters (for the daily navigator)

3. FLAT IRON...will not be forgetting that this time, a book to read

4. Too many clothes/shoes, video camera

answers in red

ADVIL!!! even as a preventative to aches and pains!!

never sailed before

never sailed before

Rain ponchos!! I used them 3 times over 12 trips lol! But always have them. I will bring them, I think if we are prepared, it doesnt rain lol Murphy's law!

We bought magnetic hooks for the inside of our cabin door. That's where we hung our lanyards/id every day.

We also bought an inexpensive over the door organizer, kind of like this:
http://www.suite101.com/content/storage-ideas-for-over-the-door-shoe-organizers-a196858

but ours has net pockets. We hung it outside the bathroom door and found many uses for it.

We also brought wine - we brought a bottle each night to dinner.
other alcohol, so I could have an afternoon "pink" drink if I wanted.
mixers (for the alcohol).

I'm sure I'll think of more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter