Packing Essentials

jeanigor

DIS Veteran
Since a few of us have started talking about packing or setting stuff aside to go in the suitcase for the cruise, I just thought I would ask a multi part question:

1) What is your ONE essential thing you have to pack when you go to WDW?

2) If you've sailed on DCL before, what is ONE thing you found to be essential to bring with you?

3) If you've sailed on DCL before, what is ONE thing that you forgot to pack and really wish you had?

4) What is something you have packed on multiple trips and have found you just tote it pack and forth and don't utilize it? Are you considering not bringing this with you?

2) If you've sailed on DCL before, what is ONE thing you found to be essential to bring with you?

3) If you've sailed on DCL before, what is ONE thing that you forgot to pack and really wish you had?

4) What is something you have packed on multiple trips and have found you just tote it pack and forth and don't utilize it? Are you considering not bringing this with you?

1) Good shoes. There's lots of walking in the world.

2) Air Freshener. Those tiny cabin bathrooms can get mighty stinky.

3) Beano. Prevents #2 ... in more ways than one.

4) Extra plastic bags. Just in case I need to put in a wet bathing suit or something in the luggage.

1) Red Mickey Crocs. They may be the biggest fashion faux pas in my wardrobe, but they are comfy enough and are a breeze through airport security.

2) A power strip. There were too few power outlets in the cabin. Especially since my roomie brought is home office and worked while on board. (Poor guy.)

3) Multiple sized ziploc baggies. I had a couple quart size, but I needed at least one gallon sized one and a snack size one too.

4) I over pack wherever I go. Half of my suitcase could be left behind and it wouldn't be missed.

1. A large purse or tote bag - not for me , but DH's favorite phrase while on vacation... "Do you have room for this?" and/or "Can you carry this?"

2. haven't cruised . . . yet

3. see #2

4. A small flashlight - have never needed it, but always take it just in case

POST #2000

Camera (duh)

Sunscreen!

A larger belt

I honestly think that we utilize everything that we take.

Todd..this is a great thread that I will be watching to get ideas. I already have air freshener and a power cord on my list.

Since a few of us have started talking about packing or setting stuff aside to go in the suitcase for the cruise, I just thought I would ask a multi part question:

Crock flip flops, never go there without them

2) If you've sailed on DCL before, what is ONE thing you found to be essential to bring with you? Light jacket for the dining rooms and deck at night. Even in the early fall it could and did get cool on deck at night and I always freeze in dining rooms.

3) If you've sailed on DCL before, what is ONE thing that you forgot to pack and really wish you had? A lap blanket for nights on the veranda

For DCL it would be my flat iron, can't win with the winds and the humidity so I am going to stop trying :)

1) Red Mickey Crocs. They may be the biggest fashion faux pas in my wardrobe, but they are comfy enough and are a breeze through airport security.

2) A power strip. There were too few power outlets in the cabin. Especially since my roomie brought is home office and worked while on board. (Poor guy.)

3) Multiple sized ziploc baggies. I had a couple quart size, but I needed at least one gallon sized one and a snack size one too.

4) I over pack wherever I go. Half of my suitcase could be left behind and it wouldn't be missed.

#2 #3 & #4 would definitely be on my list.
I also pack a Night Light to help find the Bathroom in a strange hotel room/space.

1. A can of Lysol. I hate getting sick on vacation. There is even travel size cans. Plus it works as an air freshener too.

2. A small fan. I need noise at night and I don't like sound machines.

3. Nothing, I over pack. Heck, we drive and have 3 kids. I pack EVERYTHING!

4. My pins on my lanyard. I bring them every trip, and they just sit in the bag. I don't collect them, just pick up one to two here and there and have some nice ones. Just don't do anything with them.

Cant decide on just one.

Must haves for any cruise...

1. Bonine
2. Lysol (don't leave home without it)
3. magnified mirror
4. liquid hand soap (the little bars just aren't the same)
5. sunscreen
6. stain stick (a must if traveling with kids)
7. purell

For Disney...

1. Good walking shoes
2. Back pack with water, snacks, anti-bac and rain poncho

1) What is your ONE essential thing you have to pack when you go to WDW? Haven't been on a land vacay in a while. Don't remember if there is one essential thing.

2) If you've sailed on DCL before, what is ONE thing you found to be essential to bring with you? Oulet chord. Laptop, Ipod, cellphone...for everbody.

3) If you've sailed on DCL before, what is ONE thing that you forgot to pack and really wish you had? Water bottles [took care of that...ordered a couple HydroFlask]

4) What is something you have packed on multiple trips and have found you just tote it pack and forth and don't utilize it? Are you considering not bringing this with you? Bathing suit. One of these years I might actually have time for the pools.;)

besides the obvious comfy shoes and camera...metal bungee cord card carrying case...it fits in it's own slot in my park bag and can be held on a lanyard if necessary. It replaces my American wallet and everyone in my family has their own - including DD.

extra ziploc bags, lysol wipes

"just a drop"/"poo-pourri" (won't forget this trip!)

half the clothes...I overpack. I didn't use the power bar I packed last cruise but will bring it again for this one...not ready to leave it home. ;)

Monistat anti-chafing gel
n/a
n/a
Samples of laundry detergent. I'm bringing them as the neglgible amount they take up in my suitcase outweighs buying some in an emergency.

Samples of laundry detergent. I'm bringing them as the neglgible amount they take up in my suitcase outweighs buying some in an emergency.

Thank You....I never thought about that...good idea....

I'm loving this thread so far !!!!!

Purex makes a product called Purex 3 in 1. It looks like a dryer sheet coated with laundry soa and that is just what it is. pop it in the washer and then the dryer. Great for travel!

I thought of one..
If I even think I might snorkel od Dive , I bring my own snorkel and Mask. I don't mind renting "shared" fins but a "shared" snorkrel...cant do it. And No mask fits like mine and I like to wear my contacts so I can see the fishies!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter