Packing DVc ?

What you normally pack

Coffee,
Mr Coffee Filters
Laundry detergent
Sugar
Whatever food you think you need.

Salt and pepper, if in a studio, a fabric hanging shoe organizer to keep vanity neat, some glad/ziplock containers, and a few ziplock type bags, maybe suction cups to hand swim suits on in bath, if tub drying line is too full.

In addition to the above....I'd say about half as many clothes as you would normally pack. We find we get by with far fewer things when we have the in unit laundry to use.

We like to bring a nightlight for the kiddies, an airfreshner (cardboard car type) for the bathroom and a sense of humor!

if so, I would pack to much....there are many stores around the resort, Target/ WalMart / Publix/ ...
and if are staying @ a 1 bedroom, you can really save $$$ by having breakfest / any meals in your room....

I would go to the room 1st/ get a feel of what you might need, then go shopping...

Have a great time

Hope this helps

Robin & Angel "D" :thumbsup2

Anyone have tips or a site that lists things to pack when staying DVC?

I think one of the 'perks' of being a DVC member is that you can potentially pack less if you are staying in a one or two bedroom because you can use the washing machine and dryer.

I purchase several 'sample' size detergent packs from Target so that I can do a laundry load a day. This way I have each kid pack significantly less clothing. On our last 6 day trip they had three outfits a piece (shorts and tops), 4 underwear and 4 pairs of socks.

Since we have to fly to Disney World and have three kids, this makes it easily to keep our suitcases under 50 pounds.

I did make a mental note that I would see if they have travel /sample size of dishwasher detergent at Target for my next trip. Yes, you can ask for more but it is so much easier just to have it with you since we tend to do a load of dishes a day too. The last two trips we were a party of 9 people so dishes add up quick.

I also make sure that I bring our ponchos and sunscreen.

Since we fly, we do a grocery order through Garden Grocer / Mouse Concierge and its nice that it arrives in the room and I don't have to lug it to the room. We usually get breakfast items, coffeemate, coffee, and beer/wine.

Dishwashher detergent is provided and if you runout, is free for the asking.

You get the same soap, shampoo, conditioner you get through a hotel stay, but it's only refreshed with your trash and towel and cleanings, so you probably need more. They are supposed to charge you if you need more. (they usually don't)

You get one sample size box of laundry detergent. You will get one coffee pack. They will charge you for more. (They don't seem to be as casual here as with shampoo)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter