• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our trip to our "Happy place" w/ pics & videos!!*new 7/7!!*Last day Magic Kingdom**

dismom9761

DIS Veteran
Okay after much peer pressure I have decided to write a report.;) If I don’t know what to say I will just post a lot of pictures since I took about 600.:goodvibes

The cast consists of-

Me-Dismom9761 aka Amy-I work part time at a daycare taking care of 9-12 month old babies.The rest of my days are spent taking kids from one activity to another.

DS9-Peyton or Peyt(sounds like Pate)-loves to play all sports but his favorite is baseball.He has ADHD and Anxiety disorder.It may help you to know this in upcoming installments.This trip I found that he may love Disney even more than me.:scared1: If that is possible.

DD8-Rebekah or Bekah-She is my little drama queen.She loves art and has recently discovered softball.

DD3-Rachel or Rae-she is my little daredevil.She will climb anything and ride anything.She loves the princesses.

GM-Grandma-my mother -She works at the same daycare where I work and is Rae’s teacher.She loves to go to Disney and Mary Poppins is her favorite character.She was in a wreck twelve years ago,she and my dad were hit head on by a drunk driver,and it has left her with one leg slightly shorter than the other and is not as steady on her feet lately.This will help you to understand some things in the report.

GP-Grandpa-my dad-Dad works for the IRS in Atlanta.He goes to Disney because his granchildren and wife love it and he loves seeing them happy.He uses an ECV in Disney because of an infection he had in his spine and because of his size.

DS11(tyler) and DH(Dean) will not be joining us on this trip.:sad1: Tyler has started middle school and didn’t want to miss any school and neither one of them are crazy about Disney.

There will also be times when we spend time with my DH’s brother(Bart) and SIL(Harleygirl aka Amy) and their kids(Matt and Trevor).Also Amy’s mom(GiGi) and stepdad (Pappy)were with them.

If you would like to read more detailed and drawn out descriptions of the cast they are in my pre-trip report on the first page.The link is in my signature.

Our trip dates were originally August 31-Sept 5 but then I added a room only ressie for August 30.We would start our package with FREE dining on August 31.:banana: We stayed at the Pop Century resort and had six day hoppers.Did I mention we had FREE dining???:banana:

Next up....travel day.Did we get to leave before 3:00 pm?? Did we survive seven hours in the car with Rae who HATES her carseat??

Index( I will make these links once I figure out how)
page 1,post 1:The cast
Travel Day Part One
Travel Day Part Two
Day One Part One(Magic Kingdom)
day One Part Two(magic Kingdom) Day One Part Two continued
Day One Part Three(Magic Kingdom)
Day One Part Four(Chef Mickey) Day One Part Four cont.
Day One Part Five(Epcot EMH) Day One Part Five(Epcot EMH) cont.
page 13,posts 185,190,and 192 Day Two Part One(Animal Kingdom)
page 16,post 234 Day Two Part Two(Animal Kingdom)
Page 19,Post 272 Day Two Part Three(Animal Kingdom)
Day Two Part Four(Animal Kingdom)
Day Two Part Five(Animal Kingdom)
Day Two Part Six(Kona Cafe)
Day Two Part Seven(shopping at MK)
Day Two Part Eight(Magic Kingdom)
Day Three Part One(MGM)
Update on Grandma
Day Three Part Two(MGM)
Day Three Part Three(MGM)
http:Day Three Part Four(MGM)
Day Three Part Five(MGM)
Day Three Part Six(MGM)
Day Three Part Seven(MGM)
Day Three Part Eight(MGM)
Day Three Part Nine(MGM)
Day Three Part Ten(Epcot) Day Three Part Ten cont.(Epcot)
Day Three Part Eleven(MK EMH)
Day Four Part One(Epcot)
Day Four Part Two(Epcot)
Day Four Part Three(Epcot) Day Four Part Three cont..
Day Four Part Four(Epcot)
Day Four Part Five(resort) Day Four Part Five cont.
Day Four Part Six(MGM EMH)
Day four Part Seven(MGM EMH)
Day Four Part Eight (MGM EMH)
Day Four Part Eight cont(MGM EMH)
Day Five Part One(last day)
Day Five Part Two(Last day)
Day Five Part Three(Last Day)
Day Five Part Four(last Day)
January Pre-Trip Installments
Part One
Part One cont.
Part Two
RESSIES are made-I had a code!

Oh look I'm first! I'm never first! :banana:

Glad to see you're back safe and sound, and can't wait to see how your trip went! I will enjoy reading it as I count down 12 (!!) more days till my trip!

Oh look I'm first! I'm never first! :banana:

Glad to see you're back safe and sound, and can't wait to see how your trip went! I will enjoy reading it as I count down 12 (!!) more days till my trip!

OH!! I have readers!:banana: I will write the travel day later tonight.I have to take three kids to sleepovers:banana: :woohoo: and then run to Walmart.
Thanks for reading!!!:goodvibes

Glad you started a trip report. Can't wait to hear all about it! And see all the pictures! Amy

I was there the same time as you. Looking forward to you pics. (maybe I am in some??)

Debbie

the suspence is killing me!!!:surfweb: i want to hear your TR!:badpc: I STILL HAVE 2 MORE MONTHS!!:scared1:

Hey!! So How was it!?!?!? come on I leave in 9 days--gotta hear how wonderful it was:thumbsup2 ......Hope you guys had a blast!!:goodvibes

Glad you started a trip report. Can't wait to hear all about it! And see all the pictures! Amy
HI! Thanks for reading.:goodvibes I took so many pictures-some are good and some are just okay.I was using a camera I had never used before.:confused3

I was there the same time as you. Looking forward to you pics. (maybe I am in some??)

Debbie
Well maybe you are!My kids got soo sick of having the camera in their face.
Thanks for reading!

Great start Amy! Looking forward to more. :goodvibes

Jenni
HI! Thanks for reading...more to come soon.
Anxiously awaiting!!!:happytv:
HI!! good to "see" ya!:goodvibes

the suspence is killing me!!!:surfweb: i want to hear your TR!:badpc: I STILL HAVE 2 MORE MONTHS!!:scared1:
The next two months will fly by!:woohoo:

Hey!! So How was it!?!?!? come on I leave in 9 days--gotta hear how wonderful it was:thumbsup2 ......Hope you guys had a blast!!:goodvibes

We had a FABULOUS time!:cool1: 9 days! You are getting soo close!

I am uploading pictures for the next installment...:hourglass

I always feel I tell everyone "happy planning", now I guess I can say to you "happy writing"! :goodvibes

It is so encouraging to keep hearing how your DS and so many other's children with ADHD and Spectrum disorders do so well at Disney, as our DS 8 has both and we (DH & I) do have some major apprehensions in going next year. So I'll be looking forward to hearing how Peyt did and what kind of fun he had. Maybe my DS can read some of your report too.

So have fun writing and I'll be back to keep on reading :thumbsup2

PS I think I was in your area over the Labor Day weekend....My Aunt lives in a suburb of Atlanta. :)

The alarm went off at 6:30 am ,I jumped out of bed and headed to WDW..right? Nope,I wish that was the way it happened but this is the way it was...

The alarm did go off at 6:30am and I did jump out of bed.To get ready for work.:scared: I took my shower and got the kids up and ready for school.They put last minute stuff in their bags and I later found out that Peyton packed 9 Goofys.:upsidedow Everywhere I turned for the entire trip I saw a Goofy.Once everyone was ready I packed the last minute toiletries.I kissed the kids goodbye as they were headed out the door and Peyton commented on how going to school was useless that day.When I asked him why he replied that all he could think of was Disney so he would probably fail whatever he did that day.:rolleyes: Oh well,at least he would be there.:goodvibes

They went to school and I went to work which dragged soo slowly.Several times I talked to Amy ,who was also at work.We were both about to burst! GP called me about 1:15pm and said that he had the rented van and would wait for me in the parking lot to take him to get his truck.I was supposed to get off at 2:00pm but asked if I could leave early.She said yes!:woohoo: The pixie dust was already working!:banana:

We picked up his truck and I drove the van to my house to load everything in and GP went to pick up the kids from school.He was just leaving the school and driving to my house when GM called him.She had left her papers(the Docs I think) at their house and needed him to go pick them up.By the time he did that the van was loaded,GM had gotten off of work and we were waiting on them .After a quick potty break for all the kids we were on our way to Disney!:yay: Maybe.:rolleyes1 It was 2:30pm.
Disney2007040.jpg

We drove about fifteen minutes to get gas and the kids picked out a snack.We got back in the van and GP said the dreaded words”we forgot something”.The “something" turned out to be his Handicapped pass to hang on the rearview mirror.Back to my house we went.We got the pass and were on our way to Disney.:cheer2: Again.:rolleyes: It was 3:10 when we pulled out of the driveway.We hoped to arrive at Disney within eight hours.:hourglass
Disney2007043.jpg

We drove until about 5:00pm when Rae had to go potty.We stopped at a Burger King and told them to use the restroom and we would give them fifteen minutes to play in the play area.Rae was getting her shoes off and the older two were climbing into the slides when Peyton yelled to get the girls away.He had put his hand into a puddle of something.He came over to me and sure enough it smelled awful.:scared1: He was freaking out in a major way and I didn’t blame him at all.GP took him in the restroom to supervise the scrubbing and I went to tell the cashier what was in the play area.She just shrugged it off and I even heard them laughing as we left.:scared:
Disney2007045.jpg

Next installment...where would we eat??How many stops would we make??Would we arrive within eight hours???

I always feel I tell everyone "happy planning", now I guess I can say to you "happy writing"! :goodvibes

It is so encouraging to keep hearing how your DS and so many other's children with ADHD and Spectrum disorders do so well at Disney, as our DS 8 has both and we (DH & I) do have some major apprehensions in going next year. So I'll be looking forward to hearing how Peyt did and what kind of fun he had. Maybe my DS can read some of your report too.

So have fun writing and I'll be back to keep on reading :thumbsup2

PS I think I was in your area over the Labor Day weekend....My Aunt lives in a suburb of Atlanta. :)
HI! Peyton does super well in Disney.He thrives on the pace and has a great time.We started him on meds not too long before we went and I could tell a difference when it came to watching shows.I know lots of kids do great at disney because they are so extremely helpful.:goodvibes

Next time you visit her let me know!I would love to have a dismeet.:goodvibes
We seem to have so much in common.;)

The alarm went off at 6:30 am ,I jumped out of bed and headed to WDW..right? Nope,I wish that was the way it happened but this is the way it was...

The alarm did go off at 6:30am and I did jump out of bed.To get ready for work.:scared: I took my shower and got the kids up and ready for school.They put last minute stuff in their bags and I later found out that Peyton packed 9 Goofys.:upsidedow Everywhere I turned for the entire trip I saw a Goofy.Once everyone was ready I packed the last minute toiletries.I kissed the kids goodbye as they were headed out the door and Peyton commented on how going to school was useless that day.When I asked him why he replied that all he could think of was Disney so he would probably fail whatever he did that day.:rolleyes: Oh well,at least he would be there.:goodvibes

They went to school and I went to work which dragged soo slowly.Several times I talked to Amy ,who was also at work.We were both about to burst! GP called me about 1:15pm and said that he had the rented van and would wait for me in the parking lot to take him to get his truck.I was supposed to get off at 2:00pm but asked if I could leave early.She said yes!:woohoo: The pixie dust was already working!:banana:

We picked up his truck and I drove the van to my house to load everything in and GP went to pick up the kids from school.He was just leaving the school and driving to my house when GM called him.She had left her papers(the Docs I think) at their house and needed him to go pick them up.By the time he did that the van was loaded,GM had gotten off of work and we were waiting on them .After a quick potty break for all the kids we were on our way to Disney!:yay: Maybe.:rolleyes1 It was 2:30pm.
Disney2007040.jpg

We drove about fifteen minutes to get gas and the kids picked out a snack.We got back in the van and GP said the dreaded words”we forgot something”.The “something" turned out to be his Handicapped pass to hang on the rearview mirror.Back to my house we went.We got the pass and were on our way to Disney.:cheer2: Again.:rolleyes: It was 3:10 when we pulled out of the driveway.We hoped to arrive at Disney within eight hours.:hourglass
Disney2007043.jpg

We drove until about 5:00pm when Rae had to go potty.We stopped at a Burger King and told them to use the restroom and we would give them fifteen minutes to play in the play area.Rae was getting her shoes off and the older two were climbing into the slides when Peyton yelled to get the girls away.He had put his hand into a puddle of something.He came over to me and sure enough it smelled awful.:scared1: He was freaking out in a major way and I didn’t blame him at all.GP took him in the restroom to supervise the scrubbing and I went to tell the cashier what was in the play area.She just shrugged it off and I even heard them laughing as we left.:scared:
Disney2007045.jpg

Next installment...where would we eat??How many stops would we make??Would we arrive within eight hours???

Well, what happened? :hyper: popcorn::

Your children are adorable. What did Peyton stick his hand in? :scared1:

:thumbsup2 Wasn't 3:00 your departure goal? If so, WTG!!! :banana:

How come there is no pic of you?

Yucky BK puddle... I can only imagine! :sad2: And of course, of all your kids, it had to be Peyton to have the close encounter of the icky kind!! :scared:

Well, glad to see you finally got an your way! :woohoo:

Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter