Our journey to the Cheesecake Brownie...9/2016 quick trip review!

jarofpickles

Earning My Ears
hiya friends!! :flower1:

I'm jarofpickles and my hubby and I went on a quick 3 night trip to Disney! We had some new (to us) food experiences and I wanted to share!

This was our first experience with Food and Wine also! :drinking1

Quick intro:

I'm Jaci, or jarofpickles. I am the foodie in our family. My favorite food is Korean, but it must be very close to authentic... #snob. I'm a wife & mom of 3 boys. I'm a student and soon to be licensed therapist. I love helping people have healthy relationships.

This is Wes. He is my husband of 6 years, best friend of 11 years. He is a meat and potatoes kinda guy! Hamburgers and french fries appease him... he did actually surprise me a wee bit during F&W and tried some new things. I was very proud!

Next up..."the list" :) popcorn::

Last edited:
TGIFriday's at Dallas Fort Worth Airport :)

We arrived to the airport and decided it was time to have dinner... so we hit up TGIFriday's! I didn't take many pics.

Started our celebration with a Peach Honey Smash and Wes had a Jack and Coke

Next we had our entrees... A Chicken Ceasar Salad for me and a Jack Daniels burger for Wes. No pics. We thought they were good... just classic dishes. Nothing to shout from the mountains about.

The Peach Honey Smash though.. YUM. Description from the website:
Jack Daniel’s Whiskey, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey, fresh mint, peach, citrus juices

I probably could have had three but I didn't think slightly smashed on the airplane would be a fantastic idea :headache:

Following. Your sentence about your favorite food is Korean caught my eye! I'm Korean so when I read all the menus with "Korean" bbq, kimchi, etc...I'm little wary to try. We are going in November and it'll be interesting to see what kind of food was offered at South Korean booth at Epcot.

Following. Your sentence about your favorite food is Korean caught my eye! I'm Korean so when I read all the menus with "Korean" bbq, kimchi, etc...I'm little wary to try. We are going in November and it'll be interesting to see what kind of food was offered at South Korean booth at Epcot.

Hi Alice! I used to live in Seoul, so I'm a total Korean food snob. I do have a review of the Korean booth :) lets just say the soju slushy rocked my world. ;)

Looking forward to your review from the Korean booth. I might be craving Korean food while I'm there for 8 days. Last time (in April), as soon as we landed Los Angeles, I had to eat kimchi jjighe when I got home. Have you tried peach flavor soju? I can drink the whole bottle in one sitting!

EDIT: Very curious about how cucumber kimchi was

Last edited:

Intermission Food Court

Before we hit our first park we made a pit stop, Intermission Food Court at All Star Music for breakfast.

I got the breakfast bounty platter:
scrambled eggs, breakfast potatoes, bacon, sausage, biscuit, and small Mickey-shaped waffle $9.49

Wes got the side of biscuits and gravy... although its possible he asked for a double side. There was SO much! 3.79 for a side

We shared both. It was satisfying for sure and the perfect start to a long Disney day!

Following! I was so pleasantly surprised by Intermission Food Court when we stayed there earlier this year!

The bountiful platter has little bit of everything for breakfast!! Thanks for sharing.

Gaston's Tavern

Once we made our way into magic kingdom and swooned at the castle, ridden a handful of rides and taken some pictures and video, we were a tiny bit hungry. We found ourselves at Gaston's tavern for a morning snack, even
though we knew we'd be back this way for BOG late lunch, we were excited to try something new to us!

We snagged a
LeFou's Brew - Frozen apple juice with a hint of toasted marshmallow and topped with all-natural passion fruit-mango foam $4.49 and also...

Ham and Cheese Stuffed Pretzel $7.49

They were both delicious! The stuffed pretzel was warm and cheesy, and hit the spot for a small snack to hold us over to our 1pm ADR at BOG.

Wes LOVED the Brew. I think he was a bit skeptical about the passion fruit mango foam, plus toasted marshmallow, but he liked it, maybe even more than I did! The toasted marshmallow was my favorite part, but it was a bit on the too frosty/slushy side for me. Overall, thumbs up from both of us.

next: Be Our Guest lunch!

Your ham and cheese stuffed pretzel looks delicious! We may have to try one on our next trip!

Can't wait to hear about your lunch at BOG. We've eaten there for lunch a few times. First time was not very stellar. Second time was much better. Going back for a late lunch on our arrival day in 11 days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter