Our delicious Deluxe Dining Adventures! Lots of pics! Final thoughts - All Done!!

You get 3 meals a day, not 2. Wahhh! But you can use those meals any way you like. So yes, you could do a 2 TS restaurant for dinner. But you'd still have another credit left over.

You could just use it on a counter service meal, but that's not really getting your money's worth. When we did a 2 TS dinner, we usually had a breakfast that morning as well.

See!? Lots of food!!! :lmao:

So then its 3 TS credits per day. Hmmmm...could probably do breakfast and then 2credit TS for dinner. Me and DH can throw down pretty well, so maybe, just maybe we could make the deluxe plan work for us. I'm sure we'd have to be rolled back to our resort each night. :rotfl: Thanks for the info.

So then its 3 TS credits per day. Hmmmm...could probably do breakfast and then 2credit TS for dinner. Me and DH can throw down pretty well, so maybe, just maybe we could make the deluxe plan work for us. I'm sure we'd have to be rolled back to our resort each night. :rotfl: Thanks for the info.

This is exactly what we plan to do, breakfast then signature dining in the evenings.:thumbsup2

I'm only about halfway thru your TR, but I just had to comment on how cute you and your husband are. :cutie:

Yep, you could do that! :thumbsup2
We contemplated doing that too, but there weren't that many 2TS restaurants we really fancied enough! There's too many other great 1TS restaurants!

This is exactly what we plan to do, breakfast then signature dining in the evenings.:thumbsup2

Will you just skip lunch? Or you could use your snack credits. Sounds like good a plan!! :yay:

I'm only about halfway thru your TR, but I just had to comment on how cute you and your husband are. :cutie:

Wow, thanks!! :blush:
And thanks for reading!!

Next review coming right up!

After enjoying our pizza, we had a bit of a rest in our room before heading to Hollywood Studios one last time. This was our last night at Disney World! Waaaaaah!!! :sad2: It was also our last night in America - we were flying back to Australia the next day! Which was sad because our holiday was over, but happy because we would get to see our lovely cat, Annie, again!

Anyway, that night we had an early dinner ADR at... Mama Melrose!

We'd booked the Fantasmic package for the night, which guaranteed us reserved seats at Fantasmic after our dinner. We were happy we'd done so, since Fantasmic was only on 2 nights a week now. Crazy!

I was looking forward to Mama Melrose - mostly for the Penne ala Vodka! Penne pasta and vodka in the same dish!? That's got my name written all over it!!! :woohoo:

Our ADR was for 4.30pm, and we arrived at Mama Melrose at 4.25pm to check in. Remember that time. It's important!

IMG_9933.jpg

We checked in and were told to wait in the little check-in area. It was chaos in there. LOTS of people, all trying to check in. It was crowded and there were kids crying and it was noisy and unpleasant! I remember looking at DH and thinking, "Oh-oh. This might be bad." It just didn't seem a nice, friendly Disney restaurant!

We waited for 15 minutes to be called, which was okay since Fantasmic wasn't until 7pm that night. We still had plenty of time. Right?! Wrong!!

The CM who called our names pulled us aside, looking grumpy. Basically, this was the conversation -

CM: "Because you checked in late, I'm worried you're not going to be able to eat and get to Fantasmic on time."
Us: "Pardon? We checked in 5 minutes early!"
CM: "Our records say you checked in at 4.31pm. You might not have enough time to eat and get to Fantasmic now."
Us: "But it's only 4.40! Fantasmic isn't on until 7pm!"
CM: "But they want you to go there at 5.30, to claim your seat, otherwise they'll give your seat away."
Us: "But we booked the Fantasmic package. Aren't they reserved seats?"
CM: "Not really, no. They only give seats to people who get there early."
Us: "But if an hour isn't enough time to eat and get to Fantasmic on time, why would you allow people to make reservations for 4.30pm?"
CM: "If you were here on time, it would have been okay. But you checked in late."
Us: "We checked in early!!!!!!!!"
CM: "No, you checked in at 4.31pm."

Oohhhhhh, my goodness. Basically we went around and around in circles. :scared1:

DH was bamboozled by the whole thing, and I was really cross. We didn't check in late at all. And even if we did check in at 4.31pm, that's ONE MINUTE late!!!! How ridiculous!!

I was really disappointed with the whole thing. For lots of reasons...

1) Why would they allow 4.30pm reservations if an hour wasn't enough time to eat and get to Fantasmic?
2) Why are they called "reserved" seats if they give them away if you don't arrive an hour and a half early?
3) Most importantly, the CM was speaking to us like we were idiots. She made me feel like a naughty 6 year old girl who was caught telling a lie. Grrrrr.

Anyway, after eventually giving up on trying to convince her that we didn't check in late, she gave us two options - We sit down and eat really quickly, or we go somewhere else.

So we went somewhere else.

I was SO cross. But cross with me doesn't come out as yelling. Cross with me comes out as tears. I had tears in my eyes and I was just floored by this whole thing! So eventually I said, "Fine, we'll leave. Bye." And dragged DH out with me. Hee. Poor DH.

We stormed out of stinkin' Mama Melrose and starting walking anywhere but near there. One minute later, I felt a tap on my shoulder. It was the nasty CM!! She had followed us out of the restaurant, because she felt bad! Ha! So she should! She apologised for the confusion and gave us the Fantasmic reserved seating tickets anyway.

Oh. Well that was kind of nice. She was half forgiven. But only half. :rolleyes1

Anyway, DH and I sat down and sorted out what to do. We were stranded in Hollywood Studios with nowhere to eat! This had never happened to me before! I was so organised with my ADRs! I was in a bit of a fluster, actually. We eventually decided to hang out for a while and do some rides, before going to Fantasmic, then we'd have Room Service from In-Room Dining later, back at our resort. We were so over restaurants by then, and thought another meal on our bed in our pyjamas was just what we needed! :thumbsup2

So that was Mama Melrose!! Not quite what we'd hoped for. I never did get to have my Penne ala Vodka!!! :sad1:

We didn't end up using our Fantasmic reserved seats anyway. The reserved section is right over on the side of the theater, and we found great seats right in the center of the theater.

After Fantasmic though, we popped into a big store (which I'm not sure of the name of, sorry!) to use some of our squillion snack credits we had left over. They sold lots of Goofy's Candy Co. type snacks - fudge, candy apples, etc... We bought these little beauties!

IMG_9959.jpg

From left to right - DH's Smores Fudge thingy, my Gingerbread man, and my Mint Chocolate fudge! YUM!! These were fabulous! Rich and chocolatey and full of goodness. ::yes::

On the way back to our room at Wilderness Lodge, we also popped into the WL Mercantile store to use the rest of our snack credits! Look at our goodies for the long plane ride home...!

IMG_9960.jpg

Oh my goodness, that's a lot of snacks! There's pretzels, peanuts, cashews, dried apricots, coconut patties, chocolate peppermint bar, a Snickers, and a long lollipop! And we still had a couple of snack credits left over to buy bottled water in the morning. Heheehee. Craziness!!

My favourites out of all those snacks were definitely the coconut patties and the chocolate peppermint bar. They were delicious!!

Next up... Our last Disney dinner - WL In-Room Dining!

I'm so sorry to read about your bad experience at MM. I would have been in tears as well. It would have been terrible to happen at anytime during your vacation, but I think the last night would have been even worse. It seems like I'm always so sad we're going home I try to make that last day the most memorable and squeeze in as much "magic" as I can!!

At least you made the most of a bad situation and got better seats for F! and even some delicious goodies!

WoW! That cm was an idiot! First off, you don't have to get there 90 minutes early with reserved seating! We've gotten there 30 minutes before with the fantasmic package. That's the purpose of getting the package in the first place! I wonder where she got her info from. Secondly, I would have gotten her manager and said something since she ruined your night. Third and not least, always take what a cm says as only half truth since a lot of them really know a lot less than we do. If you think you're correct and they're wrong, follow your own thoughts since they will most likely be the correct ones! Hope room service turned out well!

After enjoying our pizza, we had a bit of a rest in our room before heading to Hollywood Studios one last time. This was our last night at Disney World! Waaaaaah!!! :sad2: It was also our last night in America - we were flying back to Australia the next day! Which was sad because our holiday was over, but happy because we would get to see our lovely cat, Annie, again!

Anyway, that night we had an early dinner ADR at... Mama Melrose!

We'd booked the Fantasmic package for the night, which guaranteed us reserved seats at Fantasmic after our dinner. We were happy we'd done so, since Fantasmic was only on 2 nights a week now. Crazy!

I was looking forward to Mama Melrose - mostly for the Penne ala Vodka! Penne pasta and vodka in the same dish!? That's got my name written all over it!!! :woohoo:

Our ADR was for 4.30pm, and we arrived at Mama Melrose at 4.25pm to check in. Remember that time. It's important!

IMG_9933.jpg

We checked in and were told to wait in the little check-in area. It was chaos in there. LOTS of people, all trying to check in. It was crowded and there were kids crying and it was noisy and unpleasant! I remember looking at DH and thinking, "Oh-oh. This might be bad." It just didn't seem a nice, friendly Disney restaurant!

We waited for 15 minutes to be called, which was okay since Fantasmic wasn't until 7pm that night. We still had plenty of time. Right?! Wrong!!

The CM who called our names pulled us aside, looking grumpy. Basically, this was the conversation -

CM: "Because you checked in late, I'm worried you're not going to be able to eat and get to Fantasmic on time."
Us: "Pardon? We checked in 5 minutes early!"
CM: "Our records say you checked in at 4.31pm. You might not have enough time to eat and get to Fantasmic now."
Us: "But it's only 4.40! Fantasmic isn't on until 7pm!"
CM: "But they want you to go there at 5.30, to claim your seat, otherwise they'll give your seat away."
Us: "But we booked the Fantasmic package. Aren't they reserved seats?"
CM: "Not really, no. They only give seats to people who get there early."
Us: "But if an hour isn't enough time to eat and get to Fantasmic on time, why would you allow people to make reservations for 4.30pm?"
CM: "If you were here on time, it would have been okay. But you checked in late."
Us: "We checked in early!!!!!!!!"
CM: "No, you checked in at 4.31pm."

Oohhhhhh, my goodness. Basically we went around and around in circles. :scared1:

DH was bamboozled by the whole thing, and I was really cross. We didn't check in late at all. And even if we did check in at 4.31pm, that's ONE MINUTE late!!!! How ridiculous!!

I was really disappointed with the whole thing. For lots of reasons...

1) Why would they allow 4.30pm reservations if an hour wasn't enough time to eat and get to Fantasmic?
2) Why are they called "reserved" seats if they give them away if you don't arrive an hour and a half early?
3) Most importantly, the CM was speaking to us like we were idiots. She made me feel like a naughty 6 year old girl who was caught telling a lie. Grrrrr.

Anyway, after eventually giving up on trying to convince her that we didn't check in late, she gave us two options - We sit down and eat really quickly, or we go somewhere else.

So we went somewhere else.

I was SO cross. But cross with me doesn't come out as yelling. Cross with me comes out as tears. I had tears in my eyes and I was just floored by this whole thing! So eventually I said, "Fine, we'll leave. Bye." And dragged DH out with me. Hee. Poor DH.

We stormed out of stinkin' Mama Melrose and starting walking anywhere but near there. One minute later, I felt a tap on my shoulder. It was the nasty CM!! She had followed us out of the restaurant, because she felt bad! Ha! So she should! She apologised for the confusion and gave us the Fantasmic reserved seating tickets anyway.

Oh. Well that was kind of nice. She was half forgiven. But only half. :rolleyes1

Anyway, DH and I sat down and sorted out what to do. We were stranded in Hollywood Studios with nowhere to eat! This had never happened to me before! I was so organised with my ADRs! I was in a bit of a fluster, actually. We eventually decided to hang out for a while and do some rides, before going to Fantasmic, then we'd have Room Service from In-Room Dining later, back at our resort. We were so over restaurants by then, and thought another meal on our bed in our pyjamas was just what we needed! :thumbsup2

So that was Mama Melrose!! Not quite what we'd hoped for. I never did get to have my Penne ala Vodka!!! :sad1:

We didn't end up using our Fantasmic reserved seats anyway. The reserved section is right over on the side of the theater, and we found great seats right in the center of the theater.

After Fantasmic though, we popped into a big store (which I'm not sure of the name of, sorry!) to use some of our squillion snack credits we had left over. They sold lots of Goofy's Candy Co. type snacks - fudge, candy apples, etc... We bought these little beauties!

IMG_9959.jpg

From left to right - DH's Smores Fudge thingy, my Gingerbread man, and my Mint Chocolate fudge! YUM!! These were fabulous! Rich and chocolatey and full of goodness. ::yes::

On the way back to our room at Wilderness Lodge, we also popped into the WL Mercantile store to use the rest of our snack credits! Look at our goodies for the long plane ride home...!

IMG_9960.jpg

Oh my goodness, that's a lot of snacks! There's pretzels, peanuts, cashews, dried apricots, coconut patties, chocolate peppermint bar, a Snickers, and a long lollipop! And we still had a couple of snack credits left over to buy bottled water in the morning. Heheehee. Craziness!!

My favourites out of all those snacks were definitely the coconut patties and the chocolate peppermint bar. They were delicious!!

Next up... Our last Disney dinner - WL In-Room Dining!

WoW! That cm was an idiot! First off, you don't have to get there 90 minutes early with reserved seating! We've gotten there 30 minutes before with the fantasmic package. That's the purpose of getting the package in the first place! I wonder where she got her info from. Secondly, I would have gotten her manager and said something since she ruined your night. Third and not least, always take what a cm says as only half truth since a lot of them really know a lot less than we do. If you think you're correct and they're wrong, follow your own thoughts since they will most likely be the correct ones! Hope room service turned out well!

What they said.
I believe that you only have to be there 1/2 hour ahead of time for reserved seating. That said, I prefer the middle top anyway, and we've been able to walk in and get it pretty easily (depends on the time of year, I am sure.)

From allears "This means that instead of waiting in line for 60-90 minutes outside the theater, you can walk right up to the theater 30-45 minutes before show time, (no waiting in line!) and still have a seat. "

Soooo...Yeah, next time, ask for a manager. But, I'm guessing you probably had a better meal at WL in room. :thumbsup2

We avoid the TS at DHS.

We didn't get to go to Fantasmic last trip, much to my nephew's dismay.
So we are hoping to go there this time, and are scheduling our DHS day around it.

Thanks for the great reports!

wow.....how crappy! that CM was probably new and thought she knew what she was talking about, but she didn't. this is quoted from allearsnet.com:

This means that instead of waiting in line for 60-90 minutes outside the theater, you can walk right up to the theater 30-45 minutes before show time, (no waiting in line!) and still have a seat.

that's the whole point of getting the fantasmic dining package! did you report it to someone? i would've - not to get her into trouble but just so that she would be made aware that she was telling people incorrect information.

if it makes you feel any better, we ate at mama melrose last year and we weren't that impressed. it was okay but nothing special. i think macaroni grill or olive garden is better!

you probably stopped at villians in vogue on your way out of the park. that's my FAVORITE store at DHS. villian stuff and candy.....what more can you ask for? :laughing:

Oh I am really sorry to hear about the awful experience you had at Mama Melrose. I was really looking forward to reading that review too. We did the Hollywood and Vine Fantasmic package last year with our Grand daughter and DH and everything went fine. We did not have to show up at Fantasmic that far in advance I recall, but I know now the days, as you mentioned, are only two days a week. Do you happen to know the two days they have the show, I have been trying to find out information regarding it, but to no avail.

We are planning the Brown Derby Fantasmic package this time and hope it all goes smoothly. We are only there 3 nights so I hope they all go without any hitches :headache:

Can you all let me know also where to check to find out how to post pictures and jazz up my non-existent signature line :cool1:

Thanks for your continued wonderful posts!! I am going to miss reading your thread so much when it is over, feel the blues like you guys felt on your last night!! Are you planning your next trip back yet?

Wow, I was hoping our experience was just a one time deal. We did have 4:30 pm reservations for the Fantasmic package in 2005. We got there early and no problems. However, our food took forever and we really did not make it to the 7pm showing, we were given tickets for 9pm, but decided just to skip it because we did not plan to stay that late. No one ever mentioned to us we may not make it until the end of the meal. Our server brought us tickets for the 9pm show and I questioned it and he said it was too late for the 7pm show, I was shocked it actually took that long to eat.

I hate to hear that, I was thinking about giving it another shot-but I dont think I will. I dont really care about the Fantasmic package because like you I have later found the seats are better without it. But I do love Italian food. Guess I will stick with Tutto for my Italian food fix while at WDW.

That's so disappointing about your Mama Melrose experience. I think I would have asked to speak with a manager while I was still there, but of course all of that would have just taken up more time. Sounds like you must have had a great in-room dining meal though.

Ugh, OMG, now I'm in a snit over that Mama Melrose thing. That is the worst! My "crossness" (love that word!) usually comes out as tears, too, but I have a feeling if that CM kept telling me I checked in late, my crossness would have come out in another, less pleasant way. I "fancy" (I LOVE that word, too!) having an Italian meal before Fantasmic, but I don't think I will ever try it. I have heard TOO many bad things about their service. PLUS I also prefer the seats we've had to F! without the dining plan. EEww, SO SORRY!

I'm so sorry to read about your bad experience at MM. I would have been in tears as well. It would have been terrible to happen at anytime during your vacation, but I think the last night would have been even worse. It seems like I'm always so sad we're going home I try to make that last day the most memorable and squeeze in as much "magic" as I can!!

At least you made the most of a bad situation and got better seats for F! and even some delicious goodies!

You're right about it being even more disappointing that it happened on our last night. It had all been planned out, and it just messed everything up! But never mind, as you said - we still had our other delicious goodies to cheer us up!!

So sorry you had a bad time at MM :sad2:

Aww, thanks! :hug:

Well... yeah!! We didn't talk to the manager though - by the end of our conversation with the CM, I was teary and cross and really just wanted to get out of the restaurant. Even if they apologised and said we could still eat there, we wouldn't have! The whole thing was just unpleasant and it was good to get out of there!

What they said.
I believe that you only have to be there 1/2 hour ahead of time for reserved seating. That said, I prefer the middle top anyway, and we've been able to walk in and get it pretty easily (depends on the time of year, I am sure.)

From allears "This means that instead of waiting in line for 60-90 minutes outside the theater, you can walk right up to the theater 30-45 minutes before show time, (no waiting in line!) and still have a seat. "

Soooo...Yeah, next time, ask for a manager. But, I'm guessing you probably had a better meal at WL in room. :thumbsup2

We avoid the TS at DHS.

We didn't get to go to Fantasmic last trip, much to my nephew's dismay.
So we are hoping to go there this time, and are scheduling our DHS day around it.

Thanks for the great reports!

I thought we had to be there 30 minutes in advance for Fantasmic too, but apparently that's changed since the show is only on twice a week now. The theater fills up really quickly so they can't hold the reserved seats for as long. But we should have been told that previously! Anyhoo. It's over and done with now!!

wow.....how crappy! that CM was probably new and thought she knew what she was talking about, but she didn't. this is quoted from allearsnet.com:

This means that instead of waiting in line for 60-90 minutes outside the theater, you can walk right up to the theater 30-45 minutes before show time, (no waiting in line!) and still have a seat.

that's the whole point of getting the fantasmic dining package! did you report it to someone? i would've - not to get her into trouble but just so that she would be made aware that she was telling people incorrect information.

if it makes you feel any better, we ate at mama melrose last year and we weren't that impressed. it was okay but nothing special. i think macaroni grill or olive garden is better!

you probably stopped at villians in vogue on your way out of the park. that's my FAVORITE store at DHS. villian stuff and candy.....what more can you ask for? :laughing:

We didn't report the nasty CM to anybody, no. At the time, we just wanted to get out of there! I was teary and flustered and we didn't want to eat dinner there after all that anyway! Maybe I should have emailed someone after we got back... But I think we'd just put it behind us by then, you know!? We just won't go to Mama Melrose ever again!! That's our revenge. Hehehheee.

And yes, it was the Villains in Vogue store where we bought that candy!! It was great! Thanks for reminding me of the name!! :thumbsup2

Love the dining review!

Thanks!! :)

Oh I am really sorry to hear about the awful experience you had at Mama Melrose. I was really looking forward to reading that review too. We did the Hollywood and Vine Fantasmic package last year with our Grand daughter and DH and everything went fine. We did not have to show up at Fantasmic that far in advance I recall, but I know now the days, as you mentioned, are only two days a week. Do you happen to know the two days they have the show, I have been trying to find out information regarding it, but to no avail.

We are planning the Brown Derby Fantasmic package this time and hope it all goes smoothly. We are only there 3 nights so I hope they all go without any hitches :headache:

Can you all let me know also where to check to find out how to post pictures and jazz up my non-existent signature line :cool1:

Thanks for your continued wonderful posts!! I am going to miss reading your thread so much when it is over, feel the blues like you guys felt on your last night!! Are you planning your next trip back yet?

I hope your Brown Derby Fantasmic package goes better than our Mama Melrose one did!! I'm sure it'll be fine - just don't show up 1 minute late!! :lmao:

Hmm, I'm not sure about the two days Fantasmic are on now - are they always the same days? I know in May, they're on Saturday and Thursday. Sorry I'm not much help!

To post pictures, you need to link them to an external link, like Photobucket. It's easy enough to do - there's lots of threads dedicated to how to do it.

And you should head over to my trip report - I'm only up to Day 4 over there, so there's plenty more reading to do there! :thumbsup2

Wow, I was hoping our experience was just a one time deal. We did have 4:30 pm reservations for the Fantasmic package in 2005. We got there early and no problems. However, our food took forever and we really did not make it to the 7pm showing, we were given tickets for 9pm, but decided just to skip it because we did not plan to stay that late. No one ever mentioned to us we may not make it until the end of the meal. Our server brought us tickets for the 9pm show and I questioned it and he said it was too late for the 7pm show, I was shocked it actually took that long to eat.

I hate to hear that, I was thinking about giving it another shot-but I dont think I will. I dont really care about the Fantasmic package because like you I have later found the seats are better without it. But I do love Italian food. Guess I will stick with Tutto for my Italian food fix while at WDW.

Oh no, sorry to hear about your bad experience as well! I wonder what the deal is! Just bad service and organisation, I think. We haven't been to Tutto but it looks great - much better than Mama Melrose anyway!! :confused3

That's so disappointing about your Mama Melrose experience. I think I would have asked to speak with a manager while I was still there, but of course all of that would have just taken up more time. Sounds like you must have had a great in-room dining meal though.

You're right - our in-room dining was lovely!! I didn't speak to the manager - at the time, I was just too upset and wanted to leave straight away!

Ugh, OMG, now I'm in a snit over that Mama Melrose thing. That is the worst! My "crossness" (love that word!) usually comes out as tears, too, but I have a feeling if that CM kept telling me I checked in late, my crossness would have come out in another, less pleasant way. I "fancy" (I LOVE that word, too!) having an Italian meal before Fantasmic, but I don't think I will ever try it. I have heard TOO many bad things about their service. PLUS I also prefer the seats we've had to F! without the dining plan. EEww, SO SORRY!

I think you can definitely get better seats without the Fantasmic package, you're right!! Silly Mama Melrose. I'm glad you like my silly words! :goodvibes Thanks for your nice words!

Next review coming up in a second!! :surfweb:

So after our disasterous Mama Melrose experience, we still managed to make it to Fantasmic, which we both loved. Then it was back to the Wilderness Lodge for our last night at Disney World! Boooooo!! We still had all our packing to do though (which is never fun!), and since we'd missed out on dinner, we ordered room service while we were packing. :thumbsup2

Dinner took around 40 minutes to arrive, which wasn't too bad. We decided to eat in our bed, while watching tv - why not!? :)

IMG_9961.jpg

So to start, I had a serve of those great fried chicken wings with a sweet chilli glaze...

IMG_9964.jpg

They were basically the same as the ones served at Whispering Canyon Cafe, which I'd had many night's before. But that was fine - they were fantastic!! A teeny bit spicy, which was perfect. Yum!

DH ordered the Caesar Salad for his appetizer...

IMG_9963.jpg

He really, really liked this salad!! It really just looks like a typical salad, but I think after so much food, a nice light salad is perfect. Also, it was massive!! It could have totally served as his main course for the night!

We both had the same thing for our entree - the Angus chuck cheeseburger with fries...

IMG_9965.jpg

These were great too! Very tasty - they definitely hit the spot. Although neither of us ate it all - our appetizers were too good and ginormous!! The plates with lettuce, onion and tomato in the first photo was the salad for our burgers, to add as we pleased.

And last but not least, dessert!! DH chose the Celebration Chocolate Cake...

IMG_9966.jpg

He devoured this! It was ultra-rich and chocolatey - so good!! :woohoo:

I really don't know what possessed me, but for my last dessert at Disney World, look what I ordered...

IMG_9967.jpg

FRUIT!!! :confused3

I know, right!? So silly of me!!! It really just goes to show how full and overstuffed I was after 12 nights on the Deluxe Dining Plan. I never, ever order fruit as dessert. Cheese maybe, but not fruit. And yoghurt!! I really don't know what overcame me.

DH and I ended up sharing the fruit between us, and kept the plate in our room to nibble on throughout the night. It was actually really nice and fresh - but you know, it's fruit!! For dessert!! At Disney World!! :lmao:

We really enjoyed our room service dinner in bed!! After a crazy, frustrating start to the evening with the Mama Melrose debacle, dinner in bed was such a lovely change of pace. Just so relaxing and easy!!

The food was great too, but it was basically straight from the Whispering Canyon Cafe kitchen. We used 2 TS credits each to get room service, when we could have just gone downstairs to eat the same food at Whispering Canyon Cafe - but hey, we got to eat in bed!! It was worth it!! Plus, we had credits left over anyway, from missing both Mama Melrose and our Tusker House breakfast earlier in the week, so it all worked out perfectly.

We gave our In-Room Dining 4 out of 5 smiley men!! :) :) :) :)

Next up... Our very last meal at WDW!! Breakfast at Whispering Canyon Cafe!

That's terrible about MM. Good heavens, even if you DID check in at 4:31, it was one minute...I would not even have taken issue with a stinkin minute! Crazy CM! We had a similiar experience at 50's PTC. It took us a good 10 or 15 minutes to wait in line to check in...then we were told we were late. Gotta love it! Maybe not eating at MM was a blessing in disguise? Anyway, your dinner in bed looked delicious and probably was much more fun. Glad you got to see Fantasmic too and got better seats. :goodvibes

I looked at this photo for a long time, trying to figure out why they gave you little jars of strawberry jam to go with your dinner. :confused3 Eventually I did figure out that it must actually be ketchup. :rolleyes: :lmao::lmao:

Your dinner in bed with tv sounds heavenly. Just the ticket after an evening like that!

So sorry about your bad experience at MM - from what I've read lately, I don't think you missed much. Shame about the penne a la vodka though - I would have just headed for the nearest bar and had the vodka anyway :rotfl:

In-room dining at WL looks great :thumbsup2

I'm sad that your reviews are nearly over - looking forward to reading about your WCC brekkie though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter