"OUR BIG, FAT DISNEY VACATION!" Ch.26 NEW! 2/11 pg. 121 "And they lived happily ever&

SllepingBeauty- wow! You're a sweatheart! We'll be done and flying home on the 14th of Sept.
Shmoopypoo- cheesey snack foods are my favorite!
magicme- OHHHH...I love diet pepsi as you'll soon see. I was drinkin' a swig when I read your reply. Co-inky-dink!
Cinderella2004- hehehe- love the UM-No fair going a month before me.
Snowflake12, youbegoofy,epcotitis, and piglet forever.....THANKS!

I'm snacking on a handful of DH's cherries we bought at the farmer's market on Sat. (and Diet Pepsi)

This is for any Utahns: HAPPY PIONEER DAY!!!! See, it's celebrated in Utah as a State holiday!!! It's like a free day off for most people here! No work! Tonight we BBQ and light fire works just like on the 4th of July! (I KNOW!)
So, I gotta get to writing my intros. so I'll be back in a jiffy. Gitterdone!

popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn::
I can't believe that I have to wait until September to hear the rest. Every year I go in September and this year I am unable to go. I guess I will live it thru you. Thank you.
:)

UM-
This is the first time I have heard of a pre-trip report. But you had me in stiches already with the commentary. I am sure your actually trip reports will be worth the wait. :thumbsup2

Subbing! I hightailed it over here thanks to TwinkieMama's recommendation, and I'm SO glad I did!

I'm not a Virgo, but I'm married to one (his BD is Sept. 14th). That should count for something... :teeth:

Snack: Diet Coke and mini York Peppermint Patties.

Looking forward to more! :yay:

This TR is wonderful so far. I'm looking forward to meeting the cast of characters and counting down til your trip (just so I can read more of this hilarious TR). You are off to a great start! Can't wait for more.

If its evening: fatfree sugar free pudding with lite coolwhip and some berries or nilla wafers.

If its daytime: water. maybe 97%fat free kettle corn.

oh, WWonline... I love it (lost 60 lbs) and hate it (I prefer to snack on warm chocolate chip cookies!)

CHAPTER 3 “Meet My Family or Characters of THE BIG, FAT DISNEY VACATION…."

As laid out by the late great Trip Reports of our generation, a cast list so you can better know and hopefully relate to this redneck family from Utah…I’ll save myself for last.

DH46 (acts youngish)/Goofy Daddy/Ron/ Mr.Utahmama./ Listen, for MY trip report, and because I say so, please substitute the “Darling” or “Dear” for “Doofus” or “Ding-a-ling” when you’re reading this in your head. It just fits better. Dunno. If DH was a Disney character, he would for many reasons be Goofy. He’s tall, skinny (now that he’s lost 40 lbs. In the same time it took me to lose 4 thankyouverylittle). He can stand on his head while riding a jet ski. You’re not ever the same once you’ve witnessed this in person. He can do a back flip on a trampoline. He can jump 7 kids on a bike(at least he could when he was a kid. I guess there’s a funny story with this.All I know is it wasn’t good to be #8). Before he was married, he had jet skis, a boat, 4-wheelers, motorcycles, money, a big Dodge truck, snow mobiles, and… money. He teases me about all that. We still have some big boy toys but not as many. I guess I’m all he can handle now. This is a Family Show where running so I won’t GO THERE (I know you did!). He traded his toys for a family and an expensive Disney habit. DH can imitate Goofy’s voice so well, it’s uncanny. Not allowed to do this voice when we’re, um, alone.We’ve been married nearly 10 years coming up on Aug. 3rd and he’s my cutie bug and the world’s greatest daddy to the kids. Even changes poopy blow-outs so he’s a keeper.

DS17 Jordan- In case you just raised a questioning eyebrow, he’s from my previous marriage. My practice marriage if you must know (“Oh, we must!”). As far as Disney goes, Jordan likes the villans and says when I’m mad I remind him of Ursela (ouch!). He jokes that he likes the princesses because they’re HOT especially Jasmine and Ariel- The Girls Gone Wild of the princesses. Hookers! The minute he was able to drive, he bought a nice red truck, got a cell phone, and a sweet girlfriend, and grew out his hair all hippyish. He’s going to be a senior this year, which makes me old. We hardly ever see him because he has a girlfriend and works at a fast food place. Apparently teens need money these days. We know he’s here because sometimes there’s food wrappers on the kitchen counter or dirty socks on the floor…clues! Blue’s Clues! This kid is a VERY, very funny guy! You’d LOVE him, I swear! Even if you met him for a minute, which is more than I ever see of him. I can probably lure him out of his lair with a hot meal or a princess. Since he’s a good sport and I love to embarrass him whenever an opportunity presents itself…which looks like now: Years ago, We potty trained him by putting Mickey Mouse big-boy underpants on him and told him not to pee-pee on Mickey because that’s not nice! It worked! Soon, he said “I no go pee on Mickey Mouse” OMGosh! I can still hear his little boy voice in my head. I miss the little boy voice! Jordan collects the villans pins and the more funny ones like Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum.

DS8 Dallen- This is one smart kid. He seems older than he is because he’s so smart and he’s big for his age. He’s reflective and thinks about deep things like the sad story of the girl who’s gone missing here in Utah. Things like that make him truly sad. I’m touched at his sensitivity. He can be naughty and silly and LOUD! He’s a dare-devil and has never been afraid of the scarry or dark or fast rides at Disney World. He’s easily jealous of his siblings like we have a grand conspiracy to cheat him out of a ¼ Cup of popcorn or ½ inch less milk in his cup! He’s my child who still kisses me good-by at school in front of his friends and could care less. He’s a popular dude. He holds my hand during parades or will hug me after Wishes. Dallen collects Stitch, CARS, and Pirates of the Caribbean pins and crap.

DS6 Riley/ Riley Bear/ Bear-Bear/ Pooh-Bear/ Pooh-head- Riley was always mistaken for a girl when he was a baby. Boy hair, boy clothes, a neon sign pinned to his shirt that said “BOY” and people thought he was the prettiest girl they’ve ever seen. He would be a fabulous child model except he’s shy! What??? I have a shy child??? This effects our vacation a smidge because he wont participate in say the stick horse parade at Whispering Canyons (our family favorite!)or shake the shakers for the Festival of the Lion King, dance for Play House Disney etc. I tell him these people don’t care and you’ll never see them again anyway but he won’t have it. So we pick our battles with Riley. There’s lots to choose from. He’s very stubborn and very silly and fun when it’s just us! He’s the second most ticklish human being on the planet. Can you guess who the first most ticklish human being on the planet is? This year is the first year he’ll be able to ride the Rock n’ Roller Coaster! He won’t admit it but he’s nervous of the loops. The Tooth Fairy came to our house the other night!!! This is a BIG deal to Riley. She left him a $20. bill (oops!!! Should have been a $1.00 bill.) I heard this, “SWEET!” Ok, so the Tooth Fairy must be a dingy blonde at 4:30 in the morning when she hasn’t had her diet Pepsi yet. Well, at least she remembered this time! Riley collects Buzz Lightyear, Stitch, and Lightning McQueen pins.

DD almost 2 on Aug.26(we’ll just say DD2)/Norah/ Stinker Bell, Tinker’s evil twin. We knew we were in trouble the moment she was born. What a pretty little girl. Blonde silky hair, big blue eyes, rose-bud lips, and a cry that could test Mother Theresa and Jesus. It’s more of a Howler Monkey screech, only worse. IT serves her well because once you hear IT you’ll give her anything to shut…IT…up!!! But now I’m on to her. Once IT starts I put her soundly in her crib and close the door. The second IT stops, I go in to her and praise her! I’m really consistant, just like the Supernanny says to! She has GoofyDH “wrapped”! I swear, how did that happen? Girls are SOOOoo different from boys. She has a shirt that says “Warning: Mood Subject to Change Without Notice!” Lately, she meows in public. It’s cute I guess. Better than IT. I was glad for this “surprise” from God (at least we hope it was from Him!) because I finally had a girl. A girly-girl too! She loves Rella-Rella (Cinderella) and Rariel (Ariel) and Minnie MOWse, and her twin sister Tink. Norah is handy to have for baby-swapping so my DS’s can ride the cool rides twice because DH rides first with DS’s and I wait with DD and then we switch and I pass DD to DH and go ride with DS’s…See? Easy-Peasy Lemon-Squeezy! It’s a wonder people wait till their baby’s are older to go to DW!

Yikes, time for ME.
Me38 ½, Virgo: Since you’re still reading this, you’ve gathered bits and pieces about me. Some you may relate to. Some you question. I’m just me, take it or leave it. For my blog, I’ll just list some favorites of mine and you can feel free to judge.I describe myself as “slightly overweight” (30 pounds overweight is probably more than ‘slightly’) 5’8, perfect size 16, not-natural blonde hi-lights, self-tanned, got my first wrinkle and my first grey hair this year (thanks DD!) Confident, easy-going, cant sing, dog person, perpetual dieter.

Favorite color, Lime green and pink and brown.

Food: not picky, nothing on Fear Factor.I like seafood, grilled veggies, shrimp, mickey mouse pancakes, cheesey snacks

Drinks: A LOT of Diet Pepsi. No alcohol.(no drugs, smoking etc.) Diet pepsi with cherry or lime with an umbrella served by Capt. Jack Sparrow…

Books: I love beyond all reason the books by Janet Evanovich. Stephanie Plum ones. Those of you who have a clue about this treasure are nodding in agreement.

Movies: Funny ones. Dumb and Dumber, Napolean Dynamite, Fun with Dick and Jane ("We're in a pickle, Dick")

Tv: Desperate Housewives, My Name Is Earl, The Office, All My Children, Mad TV, Reno 911

Music: This varies. Greenday, Offspring, Rascal Flatts,Dixie Chicks, Gretchen Wilson, Aerosmith, Disney Princess sing along songs, 5 Browns (5 Juliard trained teen-age siblings who play classical piano together..it is beautiful! Their Rhapsody in Blue by Gershwin is to die for!)People with a lot of different musical taste are like rainbow sherbet…lots of flavor!

Former Career prior to DD2: Hair colorist in “hoity toity”salon. Hair color is my game. Love hair. I hate mullets! My DH and I have an on-going mullet game. If we find a dude or lady with one we get 1 point. If it has a perm,2 points. If it’s on a balding head, 3 points. I wont apologize if you have a mullet and I’ve offended you. Ok, yes I do apologize, I just HATE mullets and have a gift of getting rid of them.

15 minutes of fame: Utah’s 2004Foster- Mother-of-the-year! Big honor.

Moto:”Mangez la glace et courez tout nu” which means “Eat ice cream and run naked” which to me means to not take yourself seriously
Life Credo: Pretend everyone you come across has a sign that says, “Make me feel special”

Disney characters: Miss Piggy’s diva, Pollyanna's attitude, Belle’s love of books, Donald Duck’s temper (ouch). Dory's short term memory!

No idea when Chapter 4 will manifest. Probably right before we go. Reminder. POR Sept. 5th-14th

Great start! I'm loving this pre-trip report!!

Another Virgo here, Sept. 15th., but I never get to travel for my b-day since the principal tends to frown on time off the second week of school :confused3

Snack of choice (well, "choice" is a loose term.....who would pick sunflower seeds or broccoli over pringles :rolleyes: ) and Diet Coke. Really, I live on Diet Coke. My students count the cans on my desk and laugh.

Can't wait to read more!!!

Hello UtahMama/UM/the mullet police/Mrs. G for Goofy/my kindred spirit aka SisterChick-
wowsers- it has been like 26 hrs since you posted about a trip that is OVER 40 days away and you have like 1300 views and 45 replies- OMG (that means oh my goodness/gyroscopes/grapes/whatever)!!!!!

Loved the intro, loved the cast & crew bios, love that you tell it like you see it woman- you are just fantabulous. I sent my DISpeeps (ya- I am like totally stealing that from you, may even start using it IRL (in real life) it is just that cool) over this way so keep on keeping it real (ok now I am just a wannabe because I really don't know what keeping it real means). So a big who-hoo to you :woohoo:

and now a very true story about how OARs can get you in trouble- remember that obscure is in the eye of the beholder....
one summer, the summer I turned down Disney's college program (I KNOW!) to go to work for a major National Park in southern Utah (hint hint not Moab, not Zion), I worked with 2 guys also from North Carolina and one of them kept getting offended because everyone we met outside the park always asked him if he was LDS

we couldn't figure out why he would be so offended to be asked that while in Utah for cryin out loud....

he thought it meant (as it does in the NC public school system) in need of
Learning Disability Services....

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

so folks, the moral of the story is 1) watch your OARs and 2) don't go turn down the Mouse
All ya'll have fun with UtahMama and crew as they invade the world in over 40 days

TwinkieMama

ps Do you dress up for Pioneer Day? they do down in Southern Utah....

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

You are crackin me up!! I would use some OAR's, but I can't remember them and I'm to lazy to take the time to actually figure them out. I know, I know... It's not like it's that hard or anything. But still. That's me.

I can't wait to read more and you still have 43 days to go till you even leave! Maybe you'll keep us posted on the countdown and planning and all that fun stuff??

Oh, by the way......... I'm not having any snacks while reading your report. TwinkieMama warned us there could be spewing involved. I'd hate to waste good Diet Coke! (Yes, I said Diet Coke. NOT Pepsi. Sorry!)

UtahMama said:
.... If you hated it, I’ll love it. Which brings me to the Coral Reef. Never been there. I not only reserved it, it’s for my 39th birthday dinner on the 13th of September! I love controversy. I like aquariums. Like fishies. Like seafood. DH hates fish- all fish. Fishy smells, fishy things, Little Mermaid and Nemo. It’s PERFECT! That’s the kind of wife I am. If you are someone’s DH, be glad you’re not married to me. I like fish and I pluck long ear-hairs. RUN to your DW and hug her and whisper in her ear…”Honey, I am so glad you are not Utahmama”....

This is as far as I've gotten...seriously. I can't even tell you the next word yet, but I'm HOOKED! You're hilarious.

ONWARD!

I am :rotfl2: ! You are soooo funny! I had to read your report to my DH and we laughed together. We, too, were enlightened with "free dining" last year and will return for more Sept.4-11. We stayed at POR last year and decided to try 2 rooms at POP this year. Can't wait to hear more :lmao:

Thank You Everyone!!! If you haven't already...RUN, Go straight to Twinkiemamas Trip Report! She's absosmurfly hilarious. We're sisters with the same last name "mama".
I'll do planning with you next chapter. I have a great burdan to keep you Hooked for at least 42 more days and there's only so much pearls of wisdom to give!

I have to go light fire works in the cul-de-sac for the ungreatful brats I gave birth to! For Pioneer Day ( the big deal state holiday of Utah where we celebrate the mormon pioneers and their trek across the country to here...a big, dry dessert!) There was a churchy breakfast this morning and a huge parade downtown where people dress up in prairie-garb with peti-coats in 100 degree heat. Good times. Me? I'm just wearing a yoga outfit because I have the air conditioner on 70 degrees with my slightly overweight bum parked in front of the DIS boards. Something is wrong with me if I'd rather be with my cool DIS friends then be with pissy-missy, whiner 49er, and DH! "Come ON mom!!! Let's go light Fireworks! Hurry Up!"

OK-- UM, you beat me to it!

Happy Pioneer day!! Whoo-Hoo. Lived in Utah (Ogden, Logan, South Jordan and most recently Sandy) for like... forever! And it was great to have an extra "holiday" in July. We have been here in Oregon for 3 years and have to admit that, Oregon is "a little slice of heaven" here on earth. We never want to leave! :cloud9:

I have only recently started an "affair" with the trip report boards. LOVE 'EM!!! :lovestruc
Hubby just walks by and says "NOT ANOTHER ONE?!?!?!" At times I miss him, but ya'll are just such dang great writers!! :worship:

OH YA..... ANOTHER ONE!!!

another FAB (not an O.A.R., just short for FABULOUS) FUNNY Report!

My snack: chocolate covered pretzels & milk

Well, time for beddie- by. Night! :wave:

UtahMama said:
GlendaMax!!!!! Guess what? Guess!!! Sit down baby, Utahmama (why so I keep referring to myself in 3rd person? WHO am I??) and her family (US!!) were also in Animal Kingdom Last Sept. 9th TOO...The same day as YOU!

This is REALLY funny! Now you will force me to scan the backgrounds of all my pictures. I do have a (rather fat-necked) picture of myself with one of the characters that day. So when I get home, maybe I'll try to figure out how to post that picture (instructions are welcomed).

This year I'll be there some of the time you're there too - September 9th to 14th, at Port Orleans French Quarter :banana: Last year I stayed at Riverside, but I got soooo tired of the walk between my room and civilized world after walking and standing all day - so I'm going for a smaller resort this year.

Hey! Will you all please tell me what "OAR" means. I'm awful at abbreviations.
Thanks! :wave: "It's a small world after all . . . "

Your upcoming trip sounds a lot like my upcoming trip in only 34 days! I am going on my 48th trip to the world but they have all been unbirthday trips until now. My DH does not go to Disney but he is on this trip because IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!! I will be leaving POR on the 5th so I will leave the lights on for you!

I will also be eating at The Coral Reef on the 4th for my birthday and the Story Book Breakfast that morning.

Your report is great so far. I look forward to reading more! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

UtahMama said:
Years ago, We potty trained him by putting Mickey Mouse big-boy underpants on him and told him not to pee-pee on Mickey because that’s not nice! It worked! Soon, he said “I no go pee on Mickey Mouse” OMGosh! I can still hear his little boy voice in my head. I miss the little boy voice! Jordan collects the villans pins and the more funny ones like Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum.

Wow! Another mother after my own heart, although my DS3 vowed not to pee on Power Rangers, we pretty much did the same thing. Now if he would only agree not to poop on Power Rangers. :confused3

Loving this TR!

Between you and TwinkieMama I don't think I could love this board more. Can't wait for next installment. popcorn::

Glendamax- DH told me to telll you pictures can be posted by using photobucket. then they can be linked to DIS. Cant wait for POR!
I made up O.A.R as a joke on chapter 1 of my pre-pre trip report: It's a pet peeve to read trip reports and have no idea what the abbreviations are. Stands for Obscure Abbrevational References. It's explained better in ch.1. It just caught on. Ironically OAR becomes an OAR alot of the time!

Nursemommy4- OMGosh! How funny! Cant wait for Norah to be ready to potty train. It'd be an abomination to poop on the princesses!

TicToc- You're checking out of POR on the 5th and we'll be checking in around 10:00 (according to THE PLAN) How will you know us? OH, you'll KNOW ...(just dont be shy) The Coral Reef sounds 'contraversial' but I love controversy.

remfam5- Mostly my goofy DH is as into this as I am and stares over my shoulder :bitelip: Unfortunatly, someone has to parent so we take turns! J/k

Lovin' this report UM! Was referred here by Twinkiemama and after reading your first post I knew this report is going to be a winner!

We are at POFQ 9/9-9/16. We'll have to look for you and your great family on the buses as POR and POFQ share a lot of buses!

My DH has two alter-egos--most of the time he is Goofy but occassionaly he becomes Grumpy!

I visited Salt Lake City a few years ago and really enjoyed it. We did go up into the mountains to a few of the ski resorts too. Beautiful country there!

We did POFQ last April for my 45th birthday. We had a great time!

Looking forward to more of your report! Only 46 more days until we're back at Disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter