Ot Need To Vent 1st Bump in the Road What Do I Do?

you are right I have no I dea why i even mentioned the cost because it doesn't mean anything.
I absolutely hate when someone on the other end of the phone starts playing games. ie:pretending not to know what is going on.
because up to that point there was no ranting.

I am sorry you are so frustrated. I hope that it works out for you that you can all go to CRT.

If we can give the supervisor a little bit of the benefit of the doubt (and maybe she/he doesn't deserve it, but...). I would much rather the supervisor come on and ask *me* to explain the situation than to start making recommendations based on a 15-second explanation he'd gotten from the CM. Most of the time, something's gotten lost in translation. I'd rather explain it myself. Ideally, he/she could say something like "I understand there's a problem with your reservation at CRT. Can you tell me the situation, please?" But at least he asked for your side of the story.

I hate how you have to make ressies so far in advance -- there's just so much that can change in 180 days (like SIL's booking trips and wanting to join you.)

If your niece is unable to join you for lunch, maybe you can all visit the princesses together at a character greeting spot.

you are right I have no I dea why i even mentioned the cost because it doesn't mean anything.

You mentioned the cost because you are spending a lot of money on your vacation. Most of us do. Money is a relative thing - someone going for $1500 and staying at POP that makes $30k a year - that's a lot of money to them and this is a big deal vacation. Someone making $100,000 and staying at the Grand Floridian and dropping $10k - that's a lot of money to them and this is a big deal vacation. And when we drop whatever a substantial sum is for us, we have expectations of what is going to happen.

I absolutely hate when someone on the other end of the phone starts playing games. ie:pretending not to know what is going on.
because up to that point there was no ranting. more like well what can I do are there other times. kept just saying nothing anything else you need, that is when I said "no just put me through to the survey and let me off the phone."
and ended up with a supervisor- GREAT

Are you serious? So you didn't want the supervisor to give you a chance to tell "your side" of the story? A manager should ALWAYS clarify that what they are being told by their employee exactly matches what the Customer is complaining about. Excuse them for "pretending not to know".

Sounds like they were damned no matter what they did unless it was cater to your unreasonable demands. They tried - they could not do what you wanted they apologized and yet you are still upset with Disney??

I see everyones points but for example my DH just called to find out and he said the woman was extreamly helpful trying all different optins and combos and suggesting a plan. when to call. Things like that.
I gues that is what i have come to expect with disney top quality going above and beyond. and was more shocked and taken back by the other experience.

No! I DID NOT EVEN WANT TO TALK TO A SUPERVISOR TO START WITH. I NEEDED TIME TO FIGURE THINGS OUT WHEN I WAS THEN HANDED OFF TO HER WHICH GOT ME FRUSTRATED.

Are you serious? So you didn't want the supervisor to give you a chance to tell "your side" of the story? A manager should ALWAYS clarify that what they are being told by their employee exactly matches what the Customer is complaining about. Excuse them for "pretending not to know".

Sounds like they were damned no matter what they did unless it was cater to your unreasonable demands. They tried - they could not do what you wanted they apologized and yet you are still upset with Disney??

You've gotten some great suggestions. Honestly, if it about seeing the princesses, go to the Judges' Tent in Toontown and everyone could do it together. Would save you a lot of money too :)

We aren't into doing all the character meals... we usually do one or two / vacation. Yes, CRT is special b/c of the castle, but since they've changed the seating procedure, we sat in the castle, waiting to be seated for 30+ minutes. We are a group of 5 and we see MANY MANY groups of 4 seated before us (who came in afterwards). I realize that you want to put her on your lap, but it isn't realistic.

I understand you are frustrated. On one hand, you followed the rules (got up early to call, etc.), yet you want that CM to break those same rules for you. Your anger is misplaced. I have had an issue with a clerk that when I explained it from my perspective, the supervisor didn't have all the details. I'm sure the supervisor wanted to make sure she had it clear from you.

Comparing getting dinner ressies at CRT to birthing is a pretty unfair comparison.

You asked for suggestions... one of which was that maybe your husband could give up his spot. You responded with some serious snark. Clearly, the only suggestion you want is how to get your way. Many posters have recommended calling daily. Bottom line is that they aren't going to break the rules for you.

oh, just thought of another suggestion. Stay at a concierge level room for one night and see if they can work miracles. Sometimes they can, sometimes they can't.

yes, it will cost money, probably more money than you are willing to spend, but it is an option.

No! I DID NOT EVEN WANT TO TALK TO A SUPERVISOR TO START WITH. I NEEDED TIME TO FIGURE THINGS OUT WHEN I WAS THEN HANDED OFF TO HER WHICH GOT ME FRUSTRATED.

You said you were on hold for 5 minutes. If you did not want to speak with a supervisor you had 5 minutes to hang up and 5 minutes to "figure things out".

YES TRUE. but I have always tried not to be one of those people who harp on money or throw it out there and maybe with the economy I really do care and it comes out at times like that.

You mentioned the cost because you are spending a lot of money on your vacation. Most of us do. Money is a relative thing - someone going for $1500 and staying at POP that makes $30k a year - that's a lot of money to them and this is a big deal vacation. Someone making $100,000 and staying at the Grand Floridian and dropping $10k - that's a lot of money to them and this is a big deal vacation. And when we drop whatever a substantial sum is for us, we have expectations of what is going to happen.

Just like in any job, you will have people who are very helpful and some that arent. And in your example of a bad nurse when you are having a baby well I had her:lmao:

Anyway I would keep trying, people do cancel, or like others suggested try a different location.

Also someone just suggested this, but why not take your DDs and your DNiece and get pictures together in Toontown.

Unlike other vacation locations, everyone is equal at Disney for many things. In other places, the folks working there do care if your dropped $x but Disney does a good job making all thier guests feel special.

OP,

No one is trying to make you feel stupid. However, I read your first post several times before I ever posted and didn't get "the CM was not nice" from it. I got "I didn't get my way and threw a tantrum." Reread your title and ask yourself "would the average reader infer that Disney did something wrong?" Honestly, I would have expected a "Disney lost my reservation" or "My hotel room was filthy" from the title instead of "I can't add guests to my reservation at the most popular restaurants!" Anyway, I won't pick on you anymore and I hope you watch your tone in future posts.

Now, to try to be helpful- You have time. Call every day or even twice a day. Spots do open up. If you do get a CM that is completely unhelpful or rude say you have to go and call back. I have hung up and called back when someone has been unwilling to look for alternative times or places to eat or stay.

We all understand your frustration.

The trouble with message boards is WE only know what YOU POST. WE do not know anything other than that... WE can only take the words you wrote and the tone they give off to then respond to it.

It's NOT OUR fault your OP comes off the way it does. WE responded according to how YOUR post was written. You asked us What to do, and most of us gave you suggestions, most of which you shot down.

Then you went off about how she should be able to sit on your lap or they should be able to move people around to fit in your larger party (on very short notice for the hottest ticket in town) And then wrote how you went off on the supervisor.

No One called you an Idiot... no one even implied it.

But your OP and subsequent posts are filled with entitlements (they should bend the rules for you, because it will ruin your super expensive trip/ darling child's brithdays)

NOT saying you really feel like your entitled, but the words you put down here make it seem that way.

Choose your words wisely on message boards, hit delete more than you hit send and grow some tough skin.

((hugs))

that is also why I titled the thread 1st bad experience! with all the calls I have made up to this one everyone and I mean everyone have be pleasant and joyful. Even some have gone above and beyond with giving opinions re: what to do for children of my kids age this woman just did not want to be bothered it seemed like.

Plus don't think I got on the phone with an attitude I am so excited about going everytime I get on the phone it is usually the only time in my life I could care less about being on hold, always knowing someone on the other end will always be so upbeat. I always take the survey to leave positive feedback.

Again I think what I am trying to say is why did she not just say try again tomorrow rather then sorry there is nothing that can be done.

I spend my days taking care of people and trust me many of them make me crazy but I would never take my frustration due to my own bad day. That is your job and that is It.

Turn the table say I walked into your room when you were haveing your baby and was curt and not willing to help or answer your questions how would you feel.

Uh I really think you are being dramatic now. Being a maternity nurse and not helping a woman in labor and being a call center operator who cannot do anything for a guest who is unhappy because they can't get their way, are two very different things.

because up to that point there was no ranting. more like well what can I do are there other times. kept just saying nothing anything else you need, that is when I said "no just put me through to the survey and let me off the phone."
and ended up with a supervisor- GREAT

I do have to say I have never seen so many people get so passionate about making someone feel like an idiot either you all have some pent up anger or something because all I asked for was some suggestions, not treat me like a child for my behavior. never said I was proud of it.

You got got off easy. Every PP has offered you their sympathy and suggestions. You start off whining and have not stopped.

OP what makes you, your kids, your money, your time, your plans and your vacation any better than any one of the hundreds of thousands of visitors to Disney every year??

What you described (planning, money spent etc.) is no different than what anyone else on this board does to plan their vacation.

If you think that what happened with that CM is bad-it's not. So she didn't bend over backwards for you-big deal.
The definition of a bad Cm is not someone who will not let you get your way.

You know I am not usually this way, but if you were this way with the CM I can totally understand them being less than helpful with you-because you manage to bring out the worst in me and I imagine that CM felt the same way.:confused3

Comparing getting dinner ressies at CRT to birthing is a pretty unfair comparison.

You asked for suggestions... one of which was that maybe your husband could give up his spot. You responded with some serious snark. Clearly, the only suggestion you want is how to get your way. Many posters have recommended calling daily. Bottom line is that they aren't going to break the rules for you.

I was comparing jobs and that is what i do for a living just a point does not make a difference what you do. again paople taking thing a little to far and sorry you feel the way you do.

I DO NOT WANT THE RULES CHANGED FOR ME!!!!!! FOR THE HUNDRETH TIME. I WAS NOT EXPECTING WHAT I GOT ON THE OTHER END OF THE PHONE THIS WAS THE FIRST TIME THIS HAS HAPPENED. AND I DID NOT KNOW I WAS GETTING A SUPERVISOR I THOUGH I WAS WAITING FOR THE SURVEY BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT I ASKED FOR.

I was comparing jobs and that is what i do for a living just a point does not make a difference what you do. again paople taking thing a little to far and sorry you feel the way you do.

I DO NOT WANT THE RULES CHANGED FOR ME!!!!!! FOR THE HUNDRETH TIME. I WAS NOT EXPECTING WHAT I GOT ON THE OTHER END OF THE PHONE THIS WAS THE FIRST TIME THIS HAS HAPPENED. AND I DID NOT KNOW I WAS GETTING A SUPERVISOR I THOUGH I WAS WAITING FOR THE SURVEY BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT I ASKED FOR.

See I would have been happier getting the supervisor bc it would have been another shot at maybe getting my reservation changed, I think I would have been nice instead to see if there was nay magic she could work, just a thought.

Good luck.

So the bottom line is that you are unhappy because you got a supervisor instead of an automated phone survey ? THAT is your bad Disney experience ?

YOU WAITED 5 MINUTES FOR A SURVEY???????????????

Somehow I doubt it.......

I know you cancelled Akershus because your friends didn't like it, but its definitely worth giving it a chance. Just because your friends didn't like it, doesn't mean you wont. My girls loved it and when we asked them which they wanted to do this time, they couldn't choose one over the over.

I love it too for the cold buffet. DD loves deli meats and cheeses and I loved her finally getting a meal choice that wasn't fried. Plus the Ariel there was the sweetest Ariel ever - just a real doll.

I do have to say I have never seen so many people get so passionate about making someone feel like an idiot either you all have some pent up anger or something because all I asked for was some suggestions, not treat me like a child for my behavior. never said I was proud of it.

I can assure you that no one that has responded to your original post, replied with the intention of making you feel like an idiot. Nor do I have any pent up anger issues.
That being said, we are responding to, and I am sorry to say this, your child-like behavior, (much like the CM you dealt with probably did as well)You are typing in CAPS just a few responses before mine...which, in case you didn't know is yelling at people.
You seem to have a serious problem with the way people 'react' to you. Perhaps you should take a moment, and reflect on how you are coming across to others. And this is a discussion board..people are going to respond and you may not like what they say.
Perhaps your tone is coming from the stress of the upcoming trip. I know myself the few weeks before our trips I get so worked up I get physically sick. I only hope that you relax, and have realistic expecations for your trip so that you can enjoy this special vacation with your family.

ps.. You really need to stop using CAPS when responding to people.

Just one thing that no one has mentioned (at least that I read)...I think one of the biggest reasons (maybe THE reason) they cannot/ do not allow lap children is due to Fire Marshall Occupancy limits. Yes it would be nice to just pull up another chair or put a child on your lap...and it seems very realistic to do so, but there are rules that all resturants have to comply with in order to remain in business. Now I do not know what the occupancy of CRT is, but it is just a thought that really takes the "passion" out of the adding one more part of the discussion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter