OT: ChaCha

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, if you took more than three minutes to answer questions in the Simulator test, do you just not pass? Do you get a second chance or is that it?

Well, I started the simulator test, got through about 8 questions, and decided it was too tedious for me, so I opted to not complete the test.

I have no patience!

I know on at least two of the simulator questions it took longer than 3 minutes. The others I finished under 3. So maybe it all averages out?

I've been answering questions for ChaCha for a couple of days now, and I am a little disgusted with the types of questions I'm getting. I can't have the kids in the room when that little doorbell alerts me to a question! I'm not sure I want to do this - plus having to search for filth and have it on my computer. Not something I want to do. I will give it a little longer and see how things work out, but if this keeps up forget it.

I started Cha Cha Monday, and get lots of SMS query's Mon and Tues. Then suddenly today I began getting a mix of both SMS and Voice transcribing. I didn't realize I could choose to do both. Is everyone doing both? I like it, but was just surprised, and wondered if this was a fluke, or would now be like this every day.

I took the 3 part test and passed. Do I have to take the simulator test tonight also, or can I wait and look over everything and take the test tomorrow?:confused:

I am reading on the blog this is a glitch and you are supposed to email them and let them know and abort any transcriber calls because they only have small volume and it is not fair to the people assigned to only that. check the new hire boards, I think that is where I read it.

I started Cha Cha Monday, and get lots of SMS query's Mon and Tues. Then suddenly today I began getting a mix of both SMS and Voice transcribing. I didn't realize I could choose to do both. Is everyone doing both? I like it, but was just surprised, and wondered if this was a fluke, or would now be like this every day.

I am reading on the blog this is a glitch and you are supposed to email them and let them know and abort any transcriber calls because they only have small volume and it is not fair to the people assigned to only that. check the new hire boards, I think that is where I read it.

I figured, as I got on later today I only received SMS. I must say I did like the mix, but do not want to take away from anyone so will abort if happens again.

I took the simulator test today. I thought it went really well except for one question that I couldn't find a reputable source to quote. I knew the answer but couldn't find a way to get something to use as a source and then it timed me out on that question (I think...I just lost the pages). All of the other questions went really good.....I HOPE!

Just wanted to thank the OP for posting this. I had never heard of ChaCha before. I put in a request to become a Guide last night and today got the email with all the linkage to do the testing..blah blah blah. Now I believe I've been accepted! Excellent!

I haven't answered any questions yet. I'm going to take at least a full day to look over all of the resources to make sure that I understand everything before I dive in.

I did send an email to my SIL telling her about it. She's just about the only one I know as computer smart/life smart person as I am and I think that she'd be interested in doing this. We'll see if she signs up.

So THANKS OP! :goodvibes

For those of you that took the simulator test and got accepted....did you study the materials A LOT

I studied every corner of ChaCha's site. I'm just that way, a type "A". :surfweb:

DH works 2 jobs and I needed to find a way to help pay the bills and be a sahm, so I made sure that I knew as much as possible about what links were not allowed, added magic, and so on...

I took the test Tuesday morning and was notified Weds. evening that I had passed.

The test is tedious, and I thought about stopping but the actual work seems to be fun. It's kind of like being on a TV trivia game show!:rotfl2:

Also, I stopped at exactly 15 questions because that's what the directions said. I see loads of training guides typing that they just had like 26 questions and they finally had to log out.

This company seems awfully concerned about following directions, to a "T", so I made sure to stop on 15.

Good Luck to everyone who is trying to get work. One guide/mod says that she averages around $350 to $400 a WEEK at .20 cents a question! That's like 80 hours. My DH said .20 cents wasn't much money, I told him it's more money then I'm making now which is $0. :thumbsup2

I took the simulator test last night. I thought it went well except for my second question. I knew the answer but couldn't find anywhere to use as a source. I struggled until I somehow was off the system. So I logged back on and kept going. I stopped at 15, but that was including the question I couldn't get answered. All of the rest of them went really well (I thought). I enjoyed the test so hopefully I will pass.

I really like this. I made $10 in the last two nights. I know it doesn't sound like much, but I think it is free money, considering I would've been on the computer anyway.

I haven't received any really bad ones yet. The ones that could have been meant that way I just answered either with a joke or medical info. I would think if it was as bad as not wanting my kids in the room I would have reported those.

Well, I took the simulator test. It took me some time to get everything set right on my computer. I really hope I got it right. Now I guess I just have to wait and hope I get it.

I did the Simulator test just now. I was freaking out over the time I felt I was taking to get the answer and then get it *right* for posting. ARGH! Now I'm worried that I won't get it.

I am at the fill out the 1099 portion and I have concerns.

1. Can I just log in on the laptop while watching TV/cooking dinner etc. and if something comes up I answer it? If so that would be o.k. because it doesn't take time away from my family just waiting to get a question.

2. Do I click other when it asks if I'm an individual/sole proprietership etc. I'm not setting anything up if I'm only going to make a few bucks a week.

3. Is it worth it financially? Is there anyone out there making o.k. money at it where they feel it is worth it?

4. Do the tasteless questions really stay on your computer? how could the kids know?

Thank you so much for your help.:confused3 :confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter