• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ordered our Annual Passes

jokeralum

Earning My Ears
We're fortunate to have two trips to WDW scheduled for later this year, so for us it made sense to get annual passes. It also gives us another reason to think about a trip in 2010.

I tried to order the passes through the Disney web site, but their system wouldn't complete the transaction giving me a message like "that product is not available at this time". Very odd.

15 minutes later I hung up the phone with Disney and the order was complete. They charged a $4 US shipping charge - better than the $14 US International shipping charge listed on their website.

Incredibly 48 hours after I hung up the phone, I had a FedEx delivery notice on my door for the AP vouchers. I couldn't believe the turnaround time! I was expecting the typical 7 to 10 days that was mentioned during the phone call, but this was a very welcome surprise.

If you're thinking about getting annual passes give Disney a call versus the web site. It may save you some money.

excellent-thanks for the tip! I am toying with annual passes as well. we have to attend my cousin's wedding next May and we are leaning toward going in Dec as well so it kinda makes sense to do the annual passes. Do you know of any discounts etc...I am guessing there are none but thought I would throw it out there before I take the leap!

With the annual passes you can sometimes get room discounts although these aren't guaranteed. We did get a discount on our room in December and we could add on the dining plan without having to purchase a ticket.

You also get 10% off at the World of Disney store at Downtown Disney. There are other discounts as well that are outlined in the little booklet that you get with your annual pass.

You can also get discounts to some of the MNSSHP and MVMCP party dates.

The other thing is that you can get the Tables in Wonderland card which gets you 20% off most table service restaurants and the food courts in the value resorts. The cost for the card is I think $75 and it's good for a year. It works on food and alcohol. The only drawback to using the card is that they automatically add an 18% gratuity to the bill. We use it a lot at the value food courts though and the savings do add up.

Congrats on the AP. We got one in Jan. when we got there because we went for 5 days then, and will be there for 9 nights in Aug. There should be AP room discounts coming out soon, I hope which could be as good as 40%, then you can add on the DDP as mentioned without having to buy 1 day tix. Mousesavers.com has a chart of Historical Discounts, so you can look up for your dates if WDW had released any AP discounts, or General Public dicounts.
You can also get a discount on WDW tours, boat rentals, etc.
I haven't used TIW, with having to pay $75 to get a 20% discount, I'm not sure I would come out ahead. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter