"Or you could just go to WDW for a couple of days..." - May 2017 PTR -updt 2/28

Omg!!! Amazing news!! Think of all the fun stuff you are going to get to shop for on your trip!!

I know!!! I'm really going to have to restrain myself. Maybe I need a budget....

....or maybe I don't..... :rolleyes:

Holy Moly! Congratulations girl!!!!! This is SO EXCITING!!! Even though no EE for this trip... just imagine how amazing it will be for you to one day take your little munchkin on EE with you for the first time!! #EEForever!

Thank you!!!! It is soooo sad about EE but I am going to try and think of the future. My dad keeps reminding me that this is just one trip out of the many I'm still going to have! I hope that's true. It feels weirdly like an ending for me and it is in a way but I know I'll be back. I think it's the hormones talking...

I'm here again!

Still sick.....:crazy2:.....at week 17. So that's a major bummer. My OB thinks that I may be sick through week 20. And Disney is week 21, so let's hope she's right!!

I have been feeling a little better so I have been able to focus some on planning. FP+ day was hilarious because I just could not wake up in time and I was so out of it making my choices. Not that it really matters because the headliners are out for me anyway. But I did want Becky to get on 7DMT so I focused on that.

Here is what we have:

upload_2017-4-7_15-13-28.png

I thought I could do Kilimanjaro Safaris but I recently read that that is out for me. I asked my OB but she's been to DL and not WDW. I tried to describe it and she was unsure. She told me that the concern is not with the baby being jostled itself but with the placenta detaching due to shear forces. I think to be safe I should probably sit KS out. I've been on really bumpy rides and I've been on just mild side to side swaying rides. I think I would probably be too worried about getting a bad bump that I wouldn't enjoy the ride anyway though I am really bummed about it. I basically can't ride anything at AK! I can do the shows though and walk the trails. I'll still have a good time but it's crazy the amount I can't do there!

I also have a FP+ for ToT. I am going to walk the queue with Becky and then chicken exit. I'm really excited to do this. Becky may end up chicken exiting with me, she seemed a little nervous about it. I'm not sure if I should show her a ride video or not. I just watched one with See Ya Reel Soon and people were mostly laughing during the ride with little fun screams. We'll see...

We also celebrated Christmas in March with my in-laws since they were in AZ for so long. We gave Becky the IASW Dooney and Bourke for Christmas. Then, for her birthday we got her a Kavu bag because she doesn't have a good one for Disney.

bda2528b-6091-4f0b-98a2-80f0e0c226b6

We got together last weekend and had GF Mickey crispy treats to celebrate 30 days to go and to plan some things. I can't have the treats at Disney so I have to make them myself. It's become a 30 day tradition.

Unfortunately, the photo is blurry. I didn't check it after I took it and by the time I did, we had eaten all the treats! (There were more than just those three...)

17800095_10213145676455722_3245388536781566507_n.jpg

If you look really hard, you'll notice that the treats are on an Orange Bird plate!

We decided on our MB colors. We'll be getting two because we are staying at POR and AKL. I got green and yellow and Becky chose purple and pink. We coordinated with stickers from Magic Your Band. com. I wanted to decorate it by hand but I just don't think I'm up to that right now.

I also need to go shopping for some clothes in another week. I'm not really showing but I have gained some weight so I want some really loose, comfortable, cool clothes.

I feel so behind compared to other years! In a way, this seems like a whirlwind, last minute trip even though we booked in October last year!

And we're all paid up on our package! Yay!!!! :yay: And our first set of MBs have shipped!

As I said, I went to the doctor and got the initial clearance to go to Disney. I have another appt right before I go so hopefully, nothing changes!

Everything is going well, baby-wise. I got to hear the heartbeat again yesterday. The OB had to chase the baby around my uterus with the little doppler wand. I told her that I have been feeling little nudges and she was surprised but happy I was feeling something so early. I've actually been feeling nudges for about 2 weeks now. Through the doppler, we could hear the whoosh whoosh of the baby tumbling about and she said that she wasn't surprised I was feeling things! Apparently, I already have a very active little one. As I'm writing this, I can feel little thumps. I'm a little afraid about what weeks 30-40 are going to feel like!

I always said that if we had a kid, I would end up with a little wiggle monster who would run away in the supermarket, the park, the store, the parking lot because I married one. :rotfl: I'm pretty sure we're going to be one of "those" parents who put their kid on a leash. :laughing:

My dad and I were talking yesterday about his timeshare and how he is able to book at the Sheraton Vistana resort and villas both. He offered it up for whenever we'd like to pop down. So I was thinking that, to just dip our toes into the Disney pool, DH and I would take our child down to Disney for a long weekend to celebrate his or her 2 year birthday in Sept...

Don't tell DH, though. I'm going to have to ease him in to the idea.

But first things first. May is next!

27 Days to Disney!!!

It's coming so fast!!!!!!! :jumping1:

All I can think about is those Mickey rice crispy treats because they look so marshmallowy and DELICIOUS. Yum!! I hope your MIL is excited for the trip!! I like the bag you guys got for her.

I'm sorry you'll have to miss out on the safari at AK! You might end up seeing things you'd ordinarily miss out on because your focus will be on things other than rides...I always say I'm going to spend a day just walking around, but of course that never happens!

My favorite part of OB appointments was hearing the heartbeat :lovestruc Mine were wigglers, too...one of my favorite pregnancy memories was when we went to see XMen in the theater. I was sitting next to a boy who was about 8 or 9, and X rolled or something and you could see the the bulge of his elbow or leg or whatever it was move across my stomach. That kid's eyes were as big as saucers, it was so funny! His mom was leaning over asking us a question, and she noticed and laughed and laughed. I'm pretty sure the kid thought I was definitely a mutant, or at least harboring an alien, LOL!

And if you have a girl, you can take Jay's approach from Modern Family when Lily tried to run at Disneyland...put her in those plastic princess heels, and she won't be able to move very quickly princess:

I hope you start to feel better soon and are 100% by trip time!

Yay for FPs! I just did ours for June! So exciting! We are 57 days out! You are incredibly close!

For me, it felt like an alien inside! It was just so weird!

My OB thinks that I may be sick through week 20. And Disney is week 21, so let's hope she's right!!

I hope she's right this time!

I've been on really bumpy rides and I've been on just mild side to side swaying rides. I think I would probably be too worried about getting a bad bump that I wouldn't enjoy the ride anyway though I am really bummed about it.

It's not worth it if it won't be enjoyable anyway. You'll still get to see lots of animals!

I just watched one with See Ya Reel Soon and people were mostly laughing during the ride with little fun screams. We'll see...

...so don't show her the picture of me crying :rotfl:

Apparently, I already have a very active little one. As I'm writing this, I can feel little thumps. I'm a little afraid about what weeks 30-40 are going to feel like!

I always said that if we had a kid, I would end up with a little wiggle monster who would run away in the supermarket, the park, the store, the parking lot because I married one. :rotfl: I'm pretty sure we're going to be one of "those" parents who put their kid on a leash. :laughing:

:laughing: maybe you can buy a cute Disney leash?

DH and I would take our child down to Disney for a long weekend to celebrate his or her 2 year birthday in Sept...

Don't tell DH, though. I'm going to have to ease him in to the idea.

You have time to make him love the idea, maybe your child will do all the convincing :scratchin

:yay::yay:Wowsers!:yay::yay: What an amazing couple of updates!

Congratulations!!!!party:

I'm so happy for you and I really hope you start feeling well soon!

Hi there! I just finished catching up on your TR and your PTR...really enjoying them!
First off...congratulations!! That is wonderful news! Hope the morning sickness eases up before your trip.
I know you and @Raeven are meeting up in WDW. I think I will just miss you. I'm gonna meet up with Raeven hopefully on our last day (May 7th) :)

All I can think about is those Mickey rice crispy treats because they look so marshmallowy and DELICIOUS. Yum!! I hope your MIL is excited for the trip!! I like the bag you guys got for her.

I'm sorry you'll have to miss out on the safari at AK! You might end up seeing things you'd ordinarily miss out on because your focus will be on things other than rides...I always say I'm going to spend a day just walking around, but of course that never happens!

My favorite part of OB appointments was hearing the heartbeat :lovestruc Mine were wigglers, too...one of my favorite pregnancy memories was when we went to see XMen in the theater. I was sitting next to a boy who was about 8 or 9, and X rolled or something and you could see the the bulge of his elbow or leg or whatever it was move across my stomach. That kid's eyes were as big as saucers, it was so funny! His mom was leaning over asking us a question, and she noticed and laughed and laughed. I'm pretty sure the kid thought I was definitely a mutant, or at least harboring an alien, LOL!

And if you have a girl, you can take Jay's approach from Modern Family when Lily tried to run at Disneyland...put her in those plastic princess heels, and she won't be able to move very quickly princess:

I hope you start to feel better soon and are 100% by trip time!

I'm thinking about making some krispie treats this weekend because I can't stop thinking about them either! :lmao:

It is definitely going to be a very different trip. I'm really curious to see how it goes!

Haha. My husband just felt the baby move this weekend. He said that it reminded him of the Aliens movies. It sometimes reminds me too! :laughing:

That's a good idea with the heels! I love Modern Family! Do you think if we had a boy I would scar him if I put him in princess heels?

Thanks, it's still been a rough road!

Yay for FPs! I just did ours for June! So exciting! We are 57 days out! You are incredibly close!

For me, it felt like an alien inside! It was just so weird!

It is sooo weird. I'm not quite getting the "magical" pregnancy feeling yet....

I hope she's right this time!

You and me both!!!

It's not worth it if it won't be enjoyable anyway. You'll still get to see lots of animals!

I just went over some bumpy road near our house that's under construction and it felt HORRIBLE. So I'm definitely out even if the doctor said that the baby would be 100% okay.

:laughing: maybe you can buy a cute Disney leash?

:rotfl:

You have time to make him love the idea, maybe your child will do all the convincing :scratchin

GOOD IDEA! I'll indoctrinate my kid early and get them to convince Blair!

Hi there! I just finished catching up on your TR and your PTR...really enjoying them!
First off...congratulations!! That is wonderful news! Hope the morning sickness eases up before your trip.
I know you and @Raeven are meeting up in WDW. I think I will just miss you. I'm gonna meet up with Raeven hopefully on our last day (May 7th) :)

Thank you! and Thank you!

Yes, Raeven said that she was meeting up with you and that it seems that everyone is going the week before we go. Have a GREAT time next week!!

SINGLE DIGIT DANCE!!!

wedding_chandler_-_gifsoup.gif

Haha. A Chandler dance is about all I can manage without throwing up, probably.

To be honest, I'm not super excited about the trip. I'm really worried about feeling crappy when I'm there. I'm feeling better - especially if I eat regularly and if I eat something my stomach is cool with, then I'm pretty okay. The hard part is getting caught somewhere without food or picking the wrong thing to eat. Unfortunately, my body changes it's mind from hour to hour and day to day as to what is "acceptable" to eat.

I am so glad, though, that I am going to be surrounded by food at Disney. I still have to make sure that it is GF but hopefully, it won't be too much of a problem. Lots of citrus swirls and dole whips, I guess! AND I'll only be with my MIL so if we need to make a change, we can - easily. She's pretty excited about the baby so I'm sure she'll be accommodating.

During a particularly bad afternoon, I wailed my concerns about Disney at my poor DH. I wish I was more excited and I wish that I was certain I was going to feel really good and I was tired of this morning sickness tainting all the fun things that I've been doing over the past several months. He made a good point - you can either be sick at home, or you can be sick at Disney. Which would you rather?

I would rather be morning sick at Disney. We're staying at two really great resorts so if all I do is enjoy the resorts and eat, I'll have a good trip. But I'm sure I'll be able to manage some time in the parks. And maybe part of my problem is that I'm just getting bogged down with every day life and pregnancy. Disney might just be the mental pick-me-up that I need.

I hope so.

Anyway, let's pretend I'm super super stoked because I sooooo want to be. (Fake it till you make it, right??)

We got our MBs in the mail. I did get excited to get some Mickey mail. Times two!

17990241_10213310527416893_1832577101353537402_o.jpg

We only got one set of luggage tags because we only have the package for our POR stay. It looks like they send you ones based on the color of the MBs that you picked out.

We also ordered MB stickers from MagicYourBand . com. The left two are mine and the right two are MIL's.

18156006_10213383930691929_4083475675154908859_o.jpg

She's really enjoying the IASW pattern so go me for picking it out for her Dooney and Bourke bag!

BUT I am NOT a fan of the new, wider design. It really takes over my wrist and I think that the straps are longer. They are so long, that it wraps around back to the Mickey head and makes the MB pop forward on my wrist.

18119050_10213396514566518_5154565989878108461_n.jpg

You can kind of see it pop forward in the picture compared to the other one. I've cut off the straps in the past and tried to round off the edges but it sometimes scratches so I'm a little reluctant to do it. I can ALMOST get away with child size but not quite.

This weekend, my mom came over and we went through my clothes for Disney. I have a little bit of a baby bump but nothing too big. It looks like I've just let myself go a bit. Which is kind of annoying but I don't exactly want to be toting around a big belly at Disney, so it's fine. Most of my regular clothes look like they are going to work. We did get a new Stitch shirt at Kohls (since my other one was way too tight!) and some super comfy shorts at Target.

I looked at maternity clothes at several places and they all suck. I don't want to spend a bundle, either, so I think I'm going to just have to go with some looser regular clothing. Luckily, it'll be summer and I can do a lot of blousy tank tops. I'll look at some stuff online but I also don't yet know how big I'm going to be.

I think that's it in Disney news. I'll pack this weekend and next Friday we'll be off!

8 Days and 17 hours To Go!!!

Thank you! and Thank you!

Yes, Raeven said that she was meeting up with you and that it seems that everyone is going the week before we go. Have a GREAT time next week!!

If I'm not mistaken, I think you guys are going to Homecoming the same night we are (May 5th)...so we'll probably run into you there! :)

So close! I hope you get a chance to enjoy it. Today I had vertigo (very unusual for me) and I was sick at my stomach a lot. So I got a taste of what it's like for you. I am so sorry!

We are at 38 days so we will be getting our MBs in the not-too-distant future. I have small wrists, so we'll see how it goes.

Oh and when I was preggo, I mostly bought regular shirts, just up a size. Seemed to worked based on the type of shirt. Hope it works the same for you!

So close! I hope you get a chance to enjoy it. Today I had vertigo (very unusual for me) and I was sick at my stomach a lot. So I got a taste of what it's like for you. I am so sorry!

We are at 38 days so we will be getting our MBs in the not-too-distant future. I have small wrists, so we'll see how it goes.

Oh and when I was preggo, I mostly bought regular shirts, just up a size. Seemed to worked based on the type of shirt. Hope it works the same for you!

Thank you! My MIL had vertigo and it was awful! She had it for days. I hope that it was only the one day for you.

I'm seriously thinking about just cutting it, regardless of the scratchy because it is way too annoying the way it is.

I have resigned myself to just feeling comfortable this summer, no matter what I look like!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter