Opinions of a "restricted" View balcony on Fantasy

Can anyone tell me about (or better yet have a picture of) room 8674 on the Fantasy, cat. 7A "obstructed view" veranda??

I asked our TA for the least expensive veranda room but didn't think we'd get a 7A... was thinking of a 5C,D, E or whatever...

Would love any input!

Thanks!

Stinasmom said:
Can anyone tell me about (or better yet have a picture of) room 8674 on the Fantasy, cat. 7A "obstructed view" veranda??

I asked our TA for the least expensive veranda room but didn't think we'd get a 7A... was thinking of a 5C,D, E or whatever...

Would love any input!

Thanks!

You can check the stateroom report to get an idea about it.

You can check the stateroom report to get an idea about it.

Yea, did that. TA sent it to us too.
I also found it on the link above that shows pix of the ship and corresponding room numbers. Looks like the veranda is almost 1/2 blocked by a white wall.

But, as DH pointed out, it's the upwind (forward) section that has the white wall so as to block out cigarette smoke from nearby!
Here's hoping!!:goodvibes

Would still love it if anyone who has been in one of these obstructed view 7A rooms has any info! TIA!

:)

Stinasmom said:
Yea, did that. TA sent it to us too.
I also found it on the link above that shows pix of the ship and corresponding room numbers. Looks like the veranda is almost 1/2 blocked by a white wall.

But, as DH pointed out, it's the upwind (forward) section that has the white wall so as to block out cigarette smoke from nearby!
Here's hoping!!:goodvibes

Would still love it if anyone who has been in one of these obstructed view 7A rooms has any info! TIA!

:)

I am going to be in 8164. My only concern was having a big enough verandah to sit on. Other than that in a 7A there's going to he obstruction and I accept that.. The review doesn't make it sound too great. I wouldn't be worried but if it might bother you I'd upgrade. Good luck. Of you keep it I hope it's not too bad.

jahber said:
We had almost the exact same situation (although in a 4B) and I honestly didn't notice the barrier until I was chatting with our neighbors. They had adjoining rooms without the barrier and I could see the difference. But let me also add that I had sailed twice in the very recent past in non-"obstructed" verandahs. And as I said, the obstruction didn't catch my eye until I saw my neighbors' verandah. So it was no big deal for us. In any case, we were pixie-dusted so I wouldn't have complained anyway. I say it's not worth the bother. Have a great cruise!

This is what I needed to hear. I am going to keep the rooms we have currently. I really like the location. Thanks!!

Chee Chick said:
This is what I needed to hear. I am going to keep the rooms we have currently. I really like the location. Thanks!!

You're welcome! One less thing to worry about. Now you just have to hang on until Spring Break!

We have had a balcony like this maybe 3 times over the years and believe me it will be no problem for you unless you want it to be a problem!!

Plenty of view from the room, standing at the rail, or sitting out there. It just did not deter from the enjoyment of the balcony at all.

Have a wonderful cruise and enjoy your fantastic view.

This cabin would not bother me in the least....a non issue as far as I am concerned.

MJ

We actually request the "obstructed view" balconies on the older ships because I think the slight curvature provides a nice protection from the sun and wind and even cigarette smoke from next door. As far as the view from the couch, it had no affect. I could think that the solid verandah wall staterooms would be more of a problem as you have to stand up to see out.

I've been in a room like that on another cruise. Wifey and I loved it. We felt like we had more privacy. Didn't have to worry about surrounding rooms peering into ours.

I am going to be in 8164. My only concern was having a big enough verandah to sit on. Other than that in a 7A there's going to he obstruction and I accept that.. The review doesn't make it sound too great. I wouldn't be worried but if it might bother you I'd upgrade. Good luck. Of you keep it I hope it's not too bad.

I will be in 8164 in May of 2014, according to the CM who helped me during the rebooking, she has stayed in this same room and she said the obstruction is just a little bit in the upper corner! She said it is very little obstruction so I put my faith in that, I hope it works out for both of us!

We had a room like this on the Dream and again on the Fantasy. Loved it! You won't even notice the obstruction unless you want to. We loved the extra privacy! :)

If you like your privacy the restricted or Navigators Verandahs are definitely better.
The walls between you and your neighbor go all the way to the floor and if someone really wants to see in your room they have to lean out of their area to see in yours.
I have had 2 different restricted rooms and prefer them over the regular balcony rooms.
Just my .02

Sent from my iPod touch using DISBoards

MySecondHome said:
If you like your privacy the restricted or Navigators Verandahs are definitely better.
The walls between you and your neighbor go all the way to the floor and if someone really wants to see in your room they have to lean out of their area to see in yours.
I have had 2 different restricted rooms and prefer them over the regular balcony rooms.
Just my .02

Sent from my iPod touch using DISBoards

Love the 7A on the Wonder!

I will be in 8164 in May of 2014, according to the CM who helped me during the rebooking, she has stayed in this same room and she said the obstruction is just a little bit in the upper corner! She said it is very little obstruction so I put my faith in that, I hope it works out for both of us!

We were just on the Dream in that room (8164) and there was very little obstruction. A little on the left side (as you look out), but not a big deal at all.

Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter