• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Opinion: Order of Park reservation and which would you do multiple times

Oh man you are so lucky to be able to stay for so long. So jealous. LOL
LOWAN;
Luck had nothing to do with it! :earboy2:
It took me over 30 years of working before I could afford DVC, and now I'm in my 44th year of employment, and finally get to retire in 2020.
2021 will be our 1st DVC-SnowBird-Retirement trip!
We plan/hope/pray to be able to do this every winter for many years to come.
I can't wait until COVID is a distant memory
ET:darth:

So we are all walking into a new game and a new strategy for this year and next..... with no information of park hours, special events, or crowd calendars how is everyone deciding on which park to reserve and for which day of your trip?

We (Me, DW, DS, DD) always go to the Magic Kingdom on the first and last day of our trip with no regard for crowd calendars - GASP!!!

We are booked at Pop Feb 12-20 and have these park reservations MK, HS, Epcot, MK, AK, HS, MK. We don't plan the whole trip. We usually plan our fast passes and then wing it. It works for us. This trip I don't have to worry fast passes - not at this point anyway.

This is really hard for me because I have never been to WDW without having park hoppers so have never had to actually decide on any park, we never even plan FPs any more in advance than the day before. I'm thinking probably Epcot day 1 because we stay at the Epcot resorts. Then maybe MK day 2, just because for us it's normally a half day park then we hop somewhere else so I might want to just get it out of the way. Then HS because it's our second favorite park then AK. Or it might all depend on which park we can get reservations for.

This is really hard for me because I have never been to WDW without having park hoppers so have never had to actually decide on any park, we never even plan FPs any more in advance than the day before. I'm thinking probably Epcot day 1 because we stay at the Epcot resorts. Then maybe MK day 2, just because for us it's normally a half day park then we hop somewhere else so I might want to just get it out of the way. Then HS because it's our second favorite park then AK. Or it might all depend on which park we can get reservations for.
Not sure when your trip is or if you have resort reservations but right now availability seems wide open. My problem is Disney has trained me to plan every second way in advance lol!! I usually plan my park day around crowds and never go to a park if it has magic hours... I also plan the park depending on special events... For example Flower and Garden is my Fav so i plan on being in Epcot when the concerts are taking place... Not even sure if they are going to have F&G , parades, fireworks ect... We would also like to make sure the Ratatouille Ride will be open when we visit but I have to have the mind set that at least we can see the New Star Wars Land and my parents will be able to ride Frozen as well as see Pandora. All these things are new since their last visit. I am afraid to wait until 2022 since my parents are getting older and my son is will be working age so the chances of him wanting to still go with us are slim...

We (Me, DW, DS, DD) always go to the Magic Kingdom on the first and last day of our trip with no regard for crowd calendars - GASP!!!

We are booked at Pop Feb 12-20 and have these park reservations MK, HS, Epcot, MK, AK, HS, MK. We don't plan the whole trip. We usually plan our fast passes and then wing it. It works for us. This trip I don't have to worry fast passes - not at this point anyway.
I actually had the chance to do that my last trip on Easter... I visited my cousin a Florida Resident and Pass Holder... I thought my goodness the Epcot is going to be crazy busy... We did not have any FP set up except Frozen which she had set up only a few days or at most a week a head. We did not even get to the park until around noon and I was so surprised at how much we got accomplished....

We have had APs for the last 5+ years and we rarely end up park hopping. For us, the loss of this is not a big deal.

So we are all walking into a new game and a new strategy for this year and next..... with no information of park hours, special events, or crowd calendars how is everyone deciding on which park to reserve and for which day of your trip?
merged to the existing thread

I have 6 day tickets. Our order is MK, HS,AK, Epcot, HS, MK. We are planning on doing Medival Times after AK and sleeping in the next day.
Our 6 day plan is similar to yours. We're doing bookends with HS & Epcot though. HS because of all the new stuff and Epcot for F&W. We have two US/IOA days in between also.

Epcot, HS, MK, AK, HS, Epcot

I’m going in April. I have epcot, HS, pool day, MK, AK, HS, MK, AK, MK

We have a 4 year old and are doing a split stay BC/CR.

Not sure when your trip is or if you have resort reservations but right now availability seems wide open. My problem is Disney has trained me to plan every second way in advance lol!! I usually plan my park day around crowds and never go to a park if it has magic hours... I also plan the park depending on special events... For example Flower and Garden is my Fav so i plan on being in Epcot when the concerts are taking place... Not even sure if they are going to have F&G , parades, fireworks ect... We would also like to make sure the Ratatouille Ride will be open when we visit but I have to have the mind set that at least we can see the New Star Wars Land and my parents will be able to ride Frozen as well as see Pandora. All these things are new since their last visit. I am afraid to wait until 2022 since my parents are getting older and my son is will be working age so the chances of him wanting to still go with us are slim...

We are just the opposite, we don't plan FP's until day or or day before and plan ADRs afternoon of. We generally choose our park based on what bus gets to the resort first for MK and AK and for Epcot and HS if there is a festival it's afternoons at Epcot and mornings at HS. I don't usually even know which park has EMHs unless it's at night and I have never looked at a crowd calendar. I can't remember but one trip where we didn't do at least two parks a day. I don't usually book a room until about 60 days out, sometimes 30 days out and buy tickets about 2 weeks out. All that is going to have to change, at least this year. To add uncertainty to the mix, we tend to stay at Swan/Dolphin and they aren't even booking right now. We rarely watch a parade unless it happens to be passing and we can't get through and rarely watch the stage shows (I do if my son isn't with me) and rarely do the night time shows since I'm height challenged and with all the projections, I can only see half of it. I have a feeling we will be skipping this year, which sucks since I usually go at least twice a year and my son at least once a year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter