One or two days? Stay in Paris or onsite?

deedeetoo

DIS Veteran
We are just starting to plan a trip to Paris for next summer and want to visit DLP. We are a family of four including two older teens (19 and 16 at time of trip). We do have two days to spare but I am not sure how best to do this. We will probably rent a condo in Paris for the entire length of our vacation. For a one day visit to DLP it seems we can take just the train out and back which would be easy, but I don't want to skimp on our time there since we do have the extra day. On the other hand, I'm not sure it makes sense to take the train out and back twice. Has anyone done that? Or should we just get a one night hotel room. We could leave most of our stuff in Paris, pack overnight bags and deposit them at the hotel when we arrive. I've read the tickets are cheaper if you get a room so I'm wondering how much the incremental cost of the room would be. We would go with the least expensive room just for the one night. Does anyone have any advice?

I think any Disney hotel for 4 adults would be pricey in the peak time - I just tried searching and it wouldn't even let me select one night only. But I'm no expert as I always stay off-site. And the last train back to Paris leaves well after the park finishes so you won't want to have to skimp if you put your mind to it and have stamina! I think it's about 35 minutes train journey all the way to Paris. The other thing you could do as a compromise is to book a hotel closer but still off site We've stayed at Bussy St George at the Premiere Classe - only £35 per night per double room 10 minutes by train plus a 10 minute walk.

Others may be able to advise better on the Disney hotels, but when I was looking for the cheapest for next May it was something like £280 per room per night and you had to book for at least two nights.

You'll definitely get more out of your visit if you can two days rather than one. You'll be able to take more time to explore the parks and stay until park closing without having to worry about getting the RER back to central Paris. If you want to stay close to DLP you have two choices - book a room at an offsite hotel and buy tickets separately or book an onsite hotel for one night which will have tickets and breakfast included plus will have the benefit of extra magic hours will mean you get even more out of your stay. The best thing to do would be to price up the different options and see which you prefer and best fits your budget. When looking at offsite hotels look at the Val d'Europe area which is just a short bus ride away or one stop down on the RER.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter