• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

One day in Disneyland!

momo6

Earning My Ears
We are a family of 8 planning a weekend trip to LA to visit family. We will spend one day in DL. I'm trying to compile a short and doable list of "must-do's" so that we can plan a day around them and enjoy it and not spend an entire day rushing around trying to get everything in.

As background- we were in WDW less the 2 years ago for 7 park days, so would like to try and do things that are different. Our kids age in range from 3-12. Also, we are going December 14 and don't celebrate Christmas, so will try to avoid anything super-Christmasy.

Thanks for any guidance you have!

At least the park hours are 8am to midnight.

Having your "Must-Do" list is the best start. With it being a general opening that morning, I feel it's wise to begin in Fantasyland.

As you're completing your time in Fantasyland, either call "Otto" or check an app to see where to go next.
I'm not much on the app time, so calling Otto is how we would see where the slower areas were.

Having cell phones are a nice way to keep in touch if you split up. With the ages of your kids, the younger ones may like to do a few more rides in the Fantasyland area. While the older ones take on a few of the more intense rides.

Geemo

HMH isn't "Christmasy" in the traditional sense. The overlay goes up for Halloweentime and lasts through Holidaytime, and the decor and atmosphere definitely celebrate both holidays. I would put it on the list since WDW doesn't have it. And the area around the Rivers of America (starting from NOS to the BTR area) will be changing dramatically for SWL, so you mght want to get a good look to remember it by. If you have time, try to catch PTN and DF -- they are a great part of the 60th celebration.

As PP mentioned, definitely watch PTN and DF. On top of that, of course Indy and Matterhorn. If you're Star Wars fans, Star Tours, Hyperspace Mountain, and all the new happenings for Season of the Force. I think our Pirates and Space are better than DW's. I love Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage. It's similar to The Seas with Nemo and Friends at Epcot, but you're in a submarine. How cool is that?! Your youngest might also love to visit Minnie and Mickey's house in Toontown.

The little ones will also enjoy Alice in Wonderland, It's A Small World Holiday, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty's Castle, and Storybook Boats.

I agree - do Fantasyland, then I would hit the rest of the attractions that don't exist at WDW or are very different. My list would include (in addition to Fantasyland) Indiana Jones, Pirates, Space Mountain, Matterhorn, and Finding Nemo Subs. If time allows, check out New Orleans Square for the atmosphere. And don't miss Disneyland Forever fireworks. There are tons of good views but my favorite is Main Street -- it won't disappoint.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter