• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Once Upon a Toy WARNING!!!

We collect P'heads: we have lots of unusual ones. My favorites are santa and the hockey player. I believe we have 12 different ones. We ordered the reproduction of the original for Christmas.
Could you tell us what the accessories are? Thanks

They had a really cool Pirates of the caribeean P'head too!

Accesories: (Disney ones)
(From memory so I may be missing some)
Mickey Balloon
Mickey Camera
Mickey aitographbook
Sandals that says WDW
tea cup to sit in
mickey fantasia hat
mickey sunglasses
Minnies Flower for hair
special arms to hold above stuff

Thats all I can remember right now

Mickey Ice Cream Bar (with bit taken)
Mouseketeer Ears (with Mister Potato Head on the back)
Hercules sandals that say WDW

All I can say is, thank goodness for package delivery. We went before going to DQ "just to look around". I had so many bags when we left, there was no way I was going to lug it all around DQ. Used package delivery and it worked out great!

P.S. We always throw 2 collapsible duffel bags in with our luggage to take home souvenirs.

Dare I post this???

Last thursday night, they had a shelf full of Fur Real cats, including a white one. I debated buying a suitcase, the shelf full and hitting ebay when I got home!!!!!

Didn't do too bad, but only because I had my mother (already worrying about how I was paying for the trip) with me....

Does the toy store have a website with online order form? It opened just after our vacation last year and we aren't able to return for a couple of years, but I'm itching for some of the toys...

How much is the Wilderness Lodge lincoln logs? Sounds like a good birthday present for DS this year (to go along with his monorail, epcot globe, contemporary hotel). We almost don't have to go to WDW anymore (NAH!)

I believe they are in the $50 range. I'm not 100% sure because I had to have my mom buy them for me and sneak them to the car so my dh wouldn't see. Yes, they are for HIM! Yes, he's in his mid-30's.
My mom ended up taking $50 off of her "Disney bill" for them, so they must be right around there. :)
HTH.

The Lincoln Logs are right at 50.00 I believe. One warning though, the roof is extremely cheap plastic, like the kind of plastic that dents and bends really easily. It is a really nice set, I set it up in the hotel room and had to disassemble it to bring it home, but the roof is really cheap.

And they do not accept any discounts, not Disney Club, not AP not even American Express.

OhioMinnie,
You're not alone. My soon to be husband is in his mid thirties and LOVES lincoln logs. They were on his Christmas list again this year!!!

Everyone,
We'll be there in June for our honeymoon. Where exactly is this store so that I can get those WL Logs for him?

Thanks!

2bemarried,

The Once Upon a Toy store is in Downtown Disney, at the farthest end away from Pleasure Island I believe. Look for the big Tinker Toy sculpture out front. You can get the WL Lincoln Logs at Once Upon a Toy and WL Mercantile, and I may have seen them other places. Also, Once Upon a Toy has bulk Lincoln Log boxes, like with the Mr. Potato Head accessories. You can fill a box with as many pieces as the box will hold.

Oh wow that store sounds great! I can't wait to go! Luckily i will only have to wait two weeks! But I'm just dying to know, what is this disney bear you speak of? Ive found pics of almost all the things they sell there but this Disney Bear hasn't turned up. Is it some kind of bear with Mickey ears?:bounce:

The Mickey Bear is the most adorable bear I have ever seen. You can get him/her in a variety of colors, I think black, darker brown, lighter brown, white, and maybe even gray. The bear has a Mickey shape around the eyes, nose and mouth, which, as the story goes, appeared when Mickey hugged the bear. The bear also has embroidered Mickey symbols on his/her feet and tush. I took some pics on my trip but haven't uploaded them yet. I know of some pics of the story here (scroll to the bottom, check out the other great pics of the store as well):

http://www.***********.com/id273.htm

Thanks! He sounds so cute! I can't wait to buy him! Everything at this store sounds incredible. When you think Disney has made all of the merchandise possible, it surpises you with much, much more!

I didn't take the pics, just searching for some to reminisce over what I didn't take pics of. :) Those are from Laughing Place, I think a mini meet held in August, and whoever took them did take great pics.

Is the Haunted Mansion version of Clue available at the other toy store in DD? I thought that my DC card gave me a discount there...Am I right?

I saw it while I was there this past summer in July. I wanted in so bad. Now, I can hit the stores when I go back in June. I guess I'm going to need to take so extra money with me. Thank goodness I'm driving. I'll just load up the car!:jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter