• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Once Upon a Toy WARNING!!!

Rock'n Robin

Disney Queen
Do not go into this place if you do not intend to spend money--at least unless you have a LOT more willpower than I do!!!
I was excited to go here since it opened right after our trip last summer--I thought I"d go in and just get a Mr. Potato Head. Didn't work out that way! A Disney Bear was calling my name, I "had" to pick up Haunted Mansion Clue for my kids for Christmas, a few doo dads for DS and an Indiana Jones action figure for my BIL--$104!!! And no DC or AP discounts. Unfortunately some of the stuff (the bears) is not at WOD.
It is an extremely difficult store to walk out of empty-handed. I think next summer I will skip it completely! ;) Or I may be buying those Wilderness Lodge lincoln logs!!
Robin M.

Oh, yeah--I hear you! That store is sooo fun! I did well and managed to hold myself to a box of Mr Potato head accessories. No way could I resist the Mickey ice cream bar, balloon or the autograph book. I'm pretty sure i got them for myself, but if DH asks, they're for the two and six year olds!

This store should definitely come with a warning:
Beware... you WILL spend money!!

I completely understand! And you didn't even mention the monorail & ALL the accessories :).

It is a wonderful store! We left the store, returned home, then decided our DD really needed the Cindy Castle for Christmas. So we called them and they were very helpful if shipping us the item!

I do not recall reading this tip, but the CM told us we could stuff as many Mr. Potato Head items inside the potato or in the box for the price. As long as you can close the box, your fine. Our box was taped and bulging. :)

What is the price of the Mr Potato head with accessories??

Rock'n Robin,

I know exactly what you mean. When they first announced the opening and started showing pics on the DIS of all the great toys, I knew I was in trouble. The next thing I know I'm on the phone with Disney Merchandise and ordering the Haunted Mansion for Halloween and Cinderella's Castle for me........I mean my DD's;) for Christmas. I don't know what I'm going to do when we get there in less than 2 weeks. Maybe I should take you advice and STAY AWAY..........LOL.:D

I KNEW it would be like that...but, thanks for the warning.

I saw pics on ***********'s website and it looks awesome!:D

The Boxed set that comes with a potatohead and accessories was 20.00
They also had a put whatever you can get in a paper box for 16.00 Since we already had a potato we cramed ALOT of accessories for 16.00!

We did the "pack the box" for $16. Don't forget you can fit a LOT into the back of the potato. Mine was about as full as it could get and still close!
Robin M.

.....and don't forget once you stuff the potato with as many small parts as you can get into it, put the potato in the box sideways at the bottom then you can put more small pieces around it and fit more shoes and hats on top.

Great Store. We also got that Cinderella Castle, and the DDs LOVE it. It is really quite detailed, and since it comes with so many characters, they just play and play for hours! They shipped it home with no problem at all.

Could only be better if there was SOME way to get a discount! I love the discount at WoD.

I can't wait to check out this store! I'll bring plenty of $$:smooth: ;)

DH has to take a Zanax before going into World of Disney so that he doesn't blow a fuse. I guess I'll have him take two in February. Can't wait!

Thanks for the warning, but it's too late. :rolleyes: I also just "had" to get the bear, Monopoly Theme Park Edition, TWO boxes of accessories Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head (you cannot fit all of the accessories in a single box, as I read in a couple of reports, but you can come close), four CDs, and the Wilderness Lodge Lincoln Logs. The store is out of the HM Clue game, but I will be ordering it in January when the game is back in stock. I got the monorail set and some accessories at Epcot the day I went to the CP. That 15% discount sure helped!

I was one of those who went in to "look." And what did I see? One of those Disney bears! :rolleyes: I picked it up and set it back down about 5 times--needless to say, it came home with me. That little Mickey-shaped face got to me... :earsgirl:

Geez guys, with all the wonderful descriptions I want to go NOW!! Unfortunately I'll have to wait until March!!

Carla

We actually had to buy two pieces of Disney Luggage just to get everything back home.:rolleyes: Next time I visit Once Upon A Toy I need to take a security guard with me to protect my wallet from myself!;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter