On site vs "nearly Disney"

That's why you should stay offsite at a hotel like Bonnet Creek Hilton or Waldorf that has a complimentary shuttle. Stay on Disney World property in more spacious, comfortable lodging than is available onsite, save money, and utilize the free shuttles so that different family members can go home at different times.

Bonnet Creek Hilton often costs about the same as a value. There is no comparison in terms of comfort, cleanliness and anemities- HBC beats a value or moderate hands down, and is also very convenient. Onsite isn't always better.
I personally thought the Hilton was just "meh" and would pick a Disney value for the same price. I'm sure the Waldorf is nicer, but also much more expensive. Also, IIRC, there is an additional resort fee at the Hilton and it charges for parking.

We prefer onsite for the convenience. We do drive, so transportation is no issue, but if we want to do one thing and the kids want to do another it's nice not having ot worry about who's going where when. And, we like to do an evening at the World Showcase in Epcot sampling wine and beers or at pub/wine bar. Can't drive after that, so having a shuttle is great for us. I also think it adds to the "magic" of being at Disney World. We have stayed in both Disney Resorts and Shades of Green(military resort on DW property) and both provide what we like in terms of convenience and comfort. We rented a condo one year when we went to Universal Studios, and it was wonderful, but didn't like having to drive back to it every evening.

Personally, I would rather just not go than stay offsite. For me, a lot of the "magic" is in the resort experience and being inside the bubble....

I used to feel this way but, given the cost of staying on-site (we stay at Deluxes - used to get up to 40% off rack rates and this summer am only getting 15% off at Poly), I would actually try off-site. I did stay off-site once in 2006 to be with a friend and we had a blast. Other than that, all stays have been at Deluxes + 1 POR stay.
Anyway, I think giving an off-site resort a try would be a smart idea, assuming it looks nice and gets good review (and provides a major savings). Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter