OLD THREAD: 2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Part 2- May, June and July DON'T POST HERE!

Ok experts,

How worried should I REALLY be that on 6/21 we have two TS ADRs for the MK area when Romney will be at CR? I've tried to figure out alternative plans, but the ones we currently have work so well. So, can I leave things the way they are or call IPO in desperation and try to rearrange everything? Thoughts....:eek:

From what I understand, the time slated for both of them to speak is from 1:00 to 2:00 with Romney speaking on the 21st and President Obama on the 22. I would probably not try to travel near the MK during the mid-morning until late afternoon just to be safe.

I understand how you feel. If you are like me, you probably had all of your ADRs and itinerary all planned out for months and it really is nervewracking to have a wrench thrown into your plans like this.

My plans for the 21st are to go to AK at park opening. I am not sure if the travel route to AK would cross paths with Mitt Romney's or not, but it shouldn't be an issue at that time of the day. As for the 22nd, our plans are to hit EP and hang out there drinking Grey Goose Slushies until all the commotion dies down. I would like to head over to MK late in the evening for EMH if possible, but I'll play that by ear.

Good luck to you. I am sure it will all work out, even if you have to tweak some of your plans. Have a great vacation!:)

Dee:

Fantastic job once again! As this is the final one of these threads before the "Laffites" hit the world, I'm doubly excited. Later today I plan on perusing the first page once more. :banana:

From what I understand, the time slated for both of them to speak is from 1:00 to 2:00 with Romney speaking on the 21st and President Obama on the 22. I would probably not try to travel near the MK during the mid-morning until late afternoon just to be safe.

I understand how you feel. If you are like me, you probably had all of your ADRs and itinerary all planned out for months and it really is nervewracking to have a wrench thrown into your plans like this.

I'm still trying to figure out if they are speaking in the Right wing or the Left wing of the Contemporary?

Amazing job as always. I am so looking forward to our trip and this just makes it more exciting

After spending four wonderful days at Universal I surprised the kids with a stretch limo from the RP to the YC, and the best part is we have been upgraded from a STandard View to a Lagoon View:cool1::cool1: I even started crying(much to the kids embarasment):rolleyes1.Feel like I've been sprinkled with a ton of pixie dust:goodvibes

How awesome! And I cry over Disney magic too!

Be Our Guest Back Up List
Not the "Official List"

May 2012:flower:

June 2012:beach:

July 2012:sunny:

btk2333 July 2-6 YC
tinkermommyof3 July 2-10 BC
brunette8706 July 3-5 YC
Calissto31 July 4-8 BC CL GV
cpfolk/christinpf July 6-14 BC (3 Family Trip)
gisellerol July 8-14 BC CL (after ASMR)
seversons July 8-14 ??
msheriffm July 8-15 BC
teacher1717 July 10-21 BC
J&J July 15-20 BC CL
always July 19-23 BC
tinacaplan July 19-26 BC
DisneyMomx7 July 18-28 BC CL (July 15-18 Royal Pacific)
Bronte July 20-22 BCV (then BWV July 22-30)
TrueDisneyLove61207 July 20-27 BC GV (Honeymoon )
Disney Dad in PA July 20-28 BC
elsiemoo July 21-26 BC
zenmeister July 22-29 BC CL
Lizziedog July 22-31 BCV
cookie55 July 24-Aug 1 BC (dipping my toes in SAB is on my bucket list)
wdisneyaholic July 25-Aug 6 YC
Mamise 62 July 26-Aug 3 BC
HungerGamesfan1 July 28-??? BC
bilnsheldodisney July 30-Aug 9 BC CL
lov2b@disney July 31-Aug 7 BC CL
PaulaSB12 July 31-Aug 14 BC
Castillo Mom end of July BC

August 2012:smooth:

Momofthreemen Aug 3-11 BC (30th Anniversary)
Christine125 Aug 4-10 BC
KerriL Aug 4-11 BCV
Mayhem Aug 5-10 (8 Adults, 6 kids)
cmcadoo66 Aug 5-11 BC
tinkermama117 Aug 5-11 BC
Boski Aug 6-12 BC
TeenaS Aug 7-10 YC (Princess Lily's first visit to the world )
heidijanesmith Aug 7-Aug 13 YC WV
jking6 Aug 8-12 BC WV (split with CSR until 8/19) with TinkerbellinNY6
TinkerbellinNY6 Aug 8-12 BC (split with POP until 8/19) with jking6-
MMrules Aug 8-17 BCV (Happy Birthday!)
mommytocalliesue Aug 9-15 BC
2bpooh Aug 9-16 BC
mommyrosa2 Aug 11-20 BC
heatherbelle Aug 11-24 YC
minnietracey Aug 11-24 BC, then Caribbean cruise!
KingGoofy Aug 14-25 YC 19th Anniversary
mmtwinmama Aug 15-22 BC CL GV
outahere Aug 17-19 YC (pre-cruise)
TMEF23 Aug 17-23 YC GV
monorail Bob's dd Aug 17-24 YC GV (Family trip- 3 rooms)
DT83907 Aug 17-25 YC
Me!Thatswho Aug 17-25 BC (First time at the BC)
Pinkgirl Aug 17-30 YC, gettin' married Aug 22
kcbonnies Aug 18-25 BC
Ladybird Aug 18 - Aug 27 BC * Here comes the Birds*
Scott MC Aug 19-21 BC GV, then BWI
DCbride Aug 19-22 BC
WDW4us2006 Aug 19-24 BC CL WV (upgraded room)
MelanieRI Aug 20-26 YC
Battgyrl Aug 20-28 BC
DjdBrit Aug 20-29 YC GV
donnaf516 Aug 21-31 BC
Jakeybake Aug 22-28 BC
outahere Aug 24-27 YC CL (after Dream cruise)
wilma-bride Aug 24-30 BCV (stayed in all DVCs except this one)
DrMomof3 Aug 25-9/1 BC CL Deluxe!
MinnieTink Aug 25-Sept 1 BC
mvavral Aug 25- Sept 2 BC
mousegear Aug 25-Sept 3 YC
Lynne G Aug 25-Sept 3 BC (after trip to US, Aug 21-25)
georgiasmom Aug 25-Sept 3 BC
KJay Aug 26-Sept 2 BC

September 2012:tiptoe:

MaxTheHorse Sept 1-8 YC
iluvpluto27 Sept 2 - Sept 14 BC (taking parents & sister's family for first Disney Trip!)
chaoscent Sept 3-9 BCV (Pin Trading event, one night at BLT 9/2)
Susan121302 Sept 7-15 BCV studio
Dadof3Darlings Sept 8-14 BC
BlovesC Sept 9-12 BC CL (DH Birthday)
tsme Sept 9-16 BC
tink15823 Sept 14-22 BC
Jrabbit910 Sept 16-20 BC
ZehnJahren Sept 16-22 BC
jaysonleah Sept 16-23 BCV (split stay after AKL)
Andona Sept 18-20 YC GV
Missoutandabout Sept 19-23 BC
chrisbris Sept 20-28 BC
Lalabubbles Sept 20-29 BC GV (following one night stay at AoA- Little Mermaid)
DSDisney Sept 21-24 YC CL (35th Anniversary, split stay with CR 9/24-28)
cindydare Sept 21-27 BC CL SV
deegack Sept 21-29 BCV
mrmdisneyfl Sept 21-Oct 3 BC CL
LJD2143 Sept 22-29 BCV 2BR
wishinon3stars Sept 23-29 BCV and BC
Ellyoz Sept 23-Oct 5 BC (First trip to US- that's the country, not the theme park!)
Angel16 Sept 24-30 BC CL (30th anniversary)
capeseal Sept 24-30 YC
dawnbu40 Sept 25-27 YC, Oct 1-2 BC (CSR in between)
Sam345 Sept 25-29 YC (then AoA)
disneyxo Sept 26-Oct 1 YC
DrMomof3 Sept 28-Oct 1 BC
tink15823 Sept 28-Oct 7 BC
DrewMommy Sept 29-Oct 7 BC GV
Pangela Sept 29-Oct 7 BCV

October 2012pirate:princess:

vikkii19 Oct 1-7 BCV 1BR
gwynne Oct 3-8 YC CL LV
Kteacher Oct 5-9 BC
LisaCM614 Oct 6-10 BC
RobynPrincess Oct 6-11
Hopefully Oct 6-13 BCV
vinotinto Oct 6-13 BC (taking Mom on her first WDW trip!)
Wenny Oct 6-13 BCV
glocon Oct 8-9 BC CL
skepace Oct 9-15 YC CL SV
dpmfloyd Oct 10-13 BCV (Honeymoon)
jenneth79 Oct 13-17 YC CL (then Grand Floridian and Boardwalk Inn)
ppony Oct 13-17 BCV 2BR (split with AKV-CL and THV possibly)
NMBCFangirl Oct 13-20
janinev7 Oct 13-20 BCV 1 BR
naf917 Oct 13-20 BCV
ZombieDoofus Oct 14-16 BCV studio BFF trip
dheinz Oct 14-19 BC
MelaBella Oct 14-21 BC GV (after AKL split)
msylvester01 Oct 15-19 BCV
The Tabasco Kid Oct 20-25 YC
summersalt Oct 21-26 YC CL
pumpkinfish Oct 21-28 BCV 2BR
micknme Oct 21-Nov 1 YC CL
JerseyGirl53 Oct 24-30 YC CL
aVASTGrl Oct 26-Nov 1 YC (solo trip for 30th BD, Halloween, Food & Wine)
ChildAtHeart82 Oct 26-Nov 2 YC WV
kelleigh1 Oct 27-Nov 3 YC GV
Disneylover83 Oct 27-Nov 3 BC
chocolateMinnie Oct 27-Nov 3 BC
Abharmagic Oct 27-Nov 4 BC
LoveBeingSAHM Oct 28-Nov 4 BC
KRiegler Oct 30-Nov 3 BC (First trip for kids

November:dog:

cocoabean1 Nov 2-7 YC CL
holden Nov 2-10 BC WV
Loca Roja Nov 3-10 BCV
Nole95 Nov 8-11 BC (Wine & Dine Half Marathon, first stay)
RobinHoodGirl Nov 8-14 BC WV (Birthday celebration)
Roma Nov 11-Nov 15 BC
RhettsMom Nov 11-18 BCV
forr2grls Nov 12-19 BC (Girls only trip!)
blueeyesrnc Nov 20-25 BCV
Akess Nov 20-27 BC
Gymbomom- Thanksgiving
LaurieN Nov 22-Dec 1 BC
Nancyg56 Nov 22-Dec 1 BC CL
travelgoddess Nov 22-Dec 1 BC CL
milmore104 Nov 23-Dec 4 BC (Celebrating Grandma and 15th anniversary)
chefmb Nov 29-Dec 4 BC
sndral Nov 30-Dec 9 YC

December 2012 :santa:

sndral Nov 30-Dec 9 YC
ClareH37 Dec 1-8 YC CL
Steph H Dec 1-8 YC CL
WDWRocksMySocks Dec 2-8 BCV (30th BD Celebration)
JoshMom5 Dec 2-8 BC
NinjaMom Dec 9-16 BC
jcondrad Dec 9-17 YC LV CL
*Dreamin'Dad* Dec 16-23 BCV 2BR
M&C Dec 25-Jan 3 BC

January 2013 :smickey:

MickeyT and Crazy Sisters Jan 10 - Jan 14 BCV 5th Annual Marathon Trip
mariamouse Jan 18 - Jan 23 BCV

February 2013 :lovestruc

March 2013:shamrock:

April 2013 :umbrella:
jad215 BCV April 25- May 4

May 2013:flower:

December 2013 :santa:

coccoabean1 Dec 8- Dec 15 YC CL

I'm still trying to figure out if they are speaking in the Right wing or the Left wing of the Contemporary?

Good one! Actually, my DS(15) and DH are both really excited to hear that they are going to be there during our stay. I know it isn't open to the public, but they would have liked to have gone to hear them speak if they could have. They are both into politics and my DH is a supporter of one of them (I'm not saying which one because this is a really friendly board and I'd like to keep it that way!;)).

I see you are going to be there during that week also. Hope you have a great time and don't run into any unexpected delays.

Wow! A new thread already? I'm having trouble keeping up with this one!

Can I be added to the BE OUR GUEST list please? We will be at the YC CL from 6/5-6/9.

Thanks!

:lmao:

I just this second decided that in May 2014 I will plan for another Disney trip. Next spring it will be Italy! :) Here's the plan: two nights Royal Pacific (I hate not getting ME so I don't know about this! Dee? Comments? LOL) three nights AKL - CL, and the 9 nights BC CL to round out 2 weeks. I think this is the only thing to keep me from going too far into vacation withdrawal!!

Beach and Yacht Club Community Page :banana::banana::banana:

Guest Lists:

If you would like to be added to the "Be Our Guest" List, post on this thread with the dates of your stay, which resort (BC, YC, BCV) and any other info you want to include (special birthday or anniversary celebration, first Disney trip, family gathering, etc.)

DSDisney Sept. 21-24 YC CL (35th Anniversary, then Sept. 24-28 CR CL)

Wohooo new thread :cool1:

I just reread pg 1 and it has me so excited ( more than before if that is possible :confused3)

this countdown is killing me, come on june 27 :cheer2:

I just this second decided that in May 2014 I will plan for another Disney trip. Next spring it will be Italy! :) Here's the plan: two nights Royal Pacific (I hate not getting ME so I don't know about this! Dee? Comments? LOL) three nights AKL - CL, and the 9 nights BC CL to round out 2 weeks. I think this is the only thing to keep me from going too far into vacation withdrawal!!

Sounds lovely! We're doing an AKL CL/YC CL split this upcoming trip and I can't wait! Lucky you to have 2 full weeks to spend there! :goodvibes

May I be added to the list? My family and I booked BC CL yesterday and will be arriving 11/22 and departing 21/1. Mt DGD Kady has wanted to stay there for quite some time and with a nice pin we jumped right in. I only had one day to make ADR requests and with that weekend so busy DD and I had to make some quick decisions. There will be time to tweak them but at least we know we can eat ;)

My family plans on using the resort more then we normally do during the first few days in order to avoid the park crowds.

Dee - looks great!

After spending four wonderful days at Universal I surprised the kids with a stretch limo from the RP to the YC, and the best part is we have been upgraded from a STandard View to a Lagoon View:cool1::cool1: I even started crying(much to the kids embarasment):rolleyes1.Feel like I've been sprinkled with a ton of pixie dust:goodvibes
Congrats on the upgrade!

Hi everyone... just arrived home yesterday from an amazing week in Disney. We stayed at the Yacht Club for the first time and absolutely loved it. I'll quickly summarize the positives and negatives we experienced:

So sad that its over... I kind of feel like I did after our wedding was over, time to plan something else now!! lol
Sounds like a nice trip. Our family came back in early May and I am still missing Disney.

Sounds like a great plan!

Yay to the new thread. :goodvibes Hello everyone!

Natebenma / Dee: Thank you so much for the new thread. Excellent work, as usual ... and with new pictures? I think they're new. Some of them look new? Anyway, I was all googly-eyed looking through the first page so they're working their normal magic. Well done. :woohoo::wizard:

This sounds like a great plan. :thumbsup2 AKL-CL has always piqued my curiosity due to all the glowing reviews. Where in Italy, by the way?

I just booked DD and future DSIL for the second part of their honeymoon at AKL CL 1 bedroom. DD and I stay there often it's our DVC home resort and we both love the CL. DD and future DSIL will be married April 19, 2013 in Cancun at his parents timeshare! We will all (about 200 of us) arrive on my bday.. spend 7 days!! They will then travel to Disney for 5 nights 6 days... I have a lot of things planned for them. Anyway yes Missoutandabout AKL CL is very nice!!

~Nannette

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! I am so happy to hear about the renewed excitement from taking another look at Page 1.

Wow, What a great thread! How did I miss this before??..... So glad I found it now. :thumbsup2

:welcome:

Glad to have you here! Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks Dee!
Great job as usual.

When does your "chaperone adventure" begin?

A week from Monday. Ready or Not!

All the talk of CL has me thinking about upgrading. And since I just saved $400 on the airfare ..... off to email my travel agent for a quote
:thumbsup2

So...???

Thanks for moving this thread so efficiently!
Let's take a moment and thank all the Veterans and current Service Men and Women in the U.S. Military - who are the reason we are commemorating this Memorial Day. I think after a while we all just tend to think of it as the unofficial start of summer, and 3 day weekend, right?

Amen! Thanks for the reminder.

Wow!!! What an awesome surprise! Congrats on the upgrade.

Hi everyone... just arrived home yesterday from an amazing week in Disney. We stayed at the Yacht Club for the first time and absolutely loved it. So sad that its over... I kind of feel like I did after our wedding was over, time to plan something else now!! lol

Thanks for your report!!!

Thanks Natebenma once again for all your great work and keeping us all well informed and to all the others that contribute . Just wanted to wish you a wonderful trip and show the kids how to really have fun . :)
Twentysix days and counting and its back to the beach club :cool1:

Thanks for the wishes about my upcoming trip. I'm anxious to see how it all works out.

:worship:

Let us know how your planning is coming. You can be our first 2014 guest!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter