OLD THREAD: 2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Part 2- May, June and July DON'T POST HERE!

Yay! Found you all! Yes, chatting is good... It's a beautiful sunny day in the North Atlantic ocean corner of my world. Sitting on my front porch on my swing with a coffee, a chocolate croissant (blasphemy I know but it's even better than the Marketplace one... An authentic Quebec style with the delicious lump of chocolate in the flaky centre...) and the iPad. Ahhhhh... Hope everyone has a great day!!

Thanks Dee! You've become quite the pro at moving us all along :moped: to the new threads! Like everyone else, I say thank you thank you thank you :thanks:

Hi! I'm here!!!! I hope everyone has a great memorial day weekend. As soon as I have some time I will post my mini bcv villa here!

Thanks Dee for all your hard work.

Looking forward to meeting lots of Disers this weekend at the BC!!!

Thanks for moving this thread so efficiently!
Let's take a moment and thank all the Veterans and current Service Men and Women in the U.S. Military - who are the reason we are commemorating this Memorial Day. I think after a while we all just tend to think of it as the unofficial start of summer, and 3 day weekend, right?

I love when we start a new thread because then I get to go through the first page again and look at all the photos and refresh my memory on all the info and it helps to get me excited for my trip.

Is Mickey covering the lighthouse yet? I think he might be...

Ok experts,

How worried should I REALLY be that on 6/21 we have two TS ADRs for the MK area when Romney will be at CR? I've tried to figure out alternative plans, but the ones we currently have work so well. So, can I leave things the way they are or call IPO in desperation and try to rearrange everything? Thoughts....:eek:

Yay - a new thread!

New things are always nice, but the best part of this one is that Dee brings over all the best parts of the old one. Thanks Dee!

Sitting on my front porch on my swing with a coffee, a chocolate croissant (blasphemy I know but it's even better than the Marketplace one... An authentic Quebec style with the delicious lump of chocolate in the flaky centre...) and the iPad. Ahhhhh... Hope everyone has a great day!!

Mmmm, now I want a chocolate croissant.

Ok experts,

How worried should I REALLY be that on 6/21 we have two TS ADRs for the MK area when Romney will be at CR? I've tried to figure out alternative plans, but the ones we currently have work so well. So, can I leave things the way they are or call IPO in desperation and try to rearrange everything? Thoughts....:eek:

It won't be as bad when Romney is there as when the President is. If you have to go I would leave yourself LOTS of time to get around.

Amy

I moved over here too. This is such an informational thread and I agree that I like to re-look at all the photos and first-page information. Definitely looking forward to my first stay in September; hope there are no hurricanes!!

After spending four wonderful days at Universal I surprised the kids with a stretch limo from the RP to the YC, and the best part is we have been upgraded from a STandard View to a Lagoon View:cool1::cool1: I even started crying(much to the kids embarasment):rolleyes1.Feel like I've been sprinkled with a ton of pixie dust:goodvibes

After spending four wonderful days at Universal I surprised the kids with a stretch limo from the RP to the YC, and the best part is we have been upgraded from a STandard View to a Lagoon View:cool1::cool1: I even started crying(much to the kids embarasment):rolleyes1.Feel like I've been sprinkled with a ton of pixie dust:goodvibes

Congrats!! There's is no Disney magic quite as sweet as a surprise upgrade. Have a blast!

Ok experts,

I was staying at the Poly in January when Obama was in the MK. We were given one day's notice with a letter under our doors. If I had more time to rearrange plans, I definitely would have done so.

My advice is to at least try to see if you can come up with alternate plans that you can live with. If not, then just make the best of it! :goodvibes

Hi everyone... just arrived home yesterday from an amazing week in Disney. We stayed at the Yacht Club for the first time and absolutely loved it. I'll quickly summarize the positives and negatives we experienced:

Only a few negatives:
- Closet door was broken, one of the doors was completely off the hinge and we had to physically move it to open the closet.. it was annoying but we never called to get it fixed
- Love Bugs were only noticeable our first day there, perhaps they are dying out
- Mosquitos, mosquitos and sand fleas. We actually booked the YC because my husband and I wanted to spend a lot of time on the balcony in the evening after our son went to sleep. I counted 12 bug bites at last count and they are itchy!!! A few nights we just ended up staying inside which was a bit of a waste in my opinion.
- Quite pool on YC side was closed. We had a free day where my parents took our son and we were disappointed that the quiet pool was closed. After a decent walk to the BC quiet pool we were greeted with several kids jumping and screaming in the quiet pool which kind of defeats the purpose.

Positives-
- Location, location location!!! Loved being able to walk to Epcot, and it was literally a 5 minute walk away. The boat was quick to HS as well and we had no problems bussing it to both waterparks. We also enjoyed walking to the Boardwalk a few times and had a great meal at the Flying Fish (son loved the puzzle piece dessert there).
- Loved that the bus stop was closer at the YC vs. BC and we were the first stop which was nice on days that were more crowded and the bus filled up. Busses seemed to come pretty frequently and we were lucky as we always seemed to time it perfectly. We went in Feb a few years back and the busses were infrequent and irregular.
- Mousekeeping always came early, I know some people had issues with this but our room always seemed to be done by 1. I love that this resort doesn't have that typical "hotel" smell!
- We stayed in a water view near the lobby and it was a great location as it was never a far walk down to the pool, busses, lobby, etc.
- Loved Stormalong Bay, definitely a reason to come back again. The kids activities were great too! My son loved making ice cream by the pool.
- Refill mugs rocked, and with the snacks we brought along I don't think we would have gotten our money's worth on the club level
- Character breakfast at Cape May was cute and enjoyable for our last morning there
- We didn't find the prices of food and goods to be too unreasonable. We also had some beer delivered and we took that down to the pool in a soft sided cooler a few days which was not a problem.

So that's it in a nutshell... I'm guessing I forgot a few things but if you have any questions feel free to ask! All in all we had amazing weather, low crowds for the most part, loved relying on the tourist plans app, and just had one of the best vacations ever! So sad that its over... I kind of feel like I did after our wedding was over, time to plan something else now!! lol

Thanks Natebenma once again for all your great work and keeping us all well informed and to all the others that contribute . Just wanted to wish you a wonderful trip and show the kids how to really have fun . :)
Twentysix days and counting and its back to the beach club :cool1:

I just completed my online check-in! I can't wait for next week!! :cool1:

Thanks for the new thread!

I tried this towards the end of the last thread (about page 335ish) and my post quietly slipped, unnoticed, into oblivion. So thought I'd wait until the new thread to
a) try to keep up w/ the thread, and
b) ask to be added to the Dec. be our guest list
My son and I will fly in fri. 11/30/12 and will fly out 12/9/12 and will be staying at the Yacht Club for our second time.
thx.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter