• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Old Key West

DSC04021.jpg

Thank you for posting those pictures of the renovated studio! We'll be staying in one next month and can't wait!!! :cool1:

Thank you for posting those pictures of the renovated studio! We'll be staying in one next month and can't wait!!! :cool1:

you're welcome...this was our second stay at OKW and we really liked our room much better this times around!

Thanks for posting these pictures! Hopefully by next week I'll find out if I will be an owner of OKW? :wizard:

eeyoresnr, thank you so much for posting these gorgeous photos of the refurbished studio at Old Key West :thanks: We are renting points and staying there for the first time in April so I am very excited to see the pictures :dance3: I absolutely love all the colors and natural light with the windows and patio door :yay: We are staying for 9 days with friends in a one bedroom at Old Key West and I just rented the points to stay in a studio for the days before and after they will be with us pixiedust:

Does anyone know if all the buildings at Old Key West have been renovated?? Or will be by next April :woohoo: I requested building 45 or 46 with a river view :cloud9:

i thought the studios were supposed to have 1 queen size bed and a sofa bed. have they replaced the sofa bed with another queen?

to my knowledge OKW is the only DVC studio with 2 beds and no sofa, the old rooms were this way also

Thanks for the pics! I was wondering if the TV can be seen from both beds? It looks like the angle might make it kind of difficult. Anyone notice this? TIA!

Hmm... I'm not sure about the refurbishment... I liked the pastel colors, it will take some time to get used to, I guess...

Dbug, sure there's a refrigerator in an OKW studio, just look at the picture of the kitchenette.

Thanks for the pics! I was wondering if the TV can be seen from both beds? It looks like the angle might make it kind of difficult. Anyone notice this? TIA!

we didn't have any problem seeing the tv from either bed although by looking at the pic I can see how you would think that...(I think it may be because I stood in the corner of the room to take the pic...but the tv can be turned...)...and when we left the room I turned it facing the thermstat so the ac would stay on... I know many might say this is a waste of energy but when we arrived in the room it took over an hour for the ac to turn on and it was quite warm in there...

Are there refrigerators in the OKW studios?
yes all DVC studios have fridges...

Hmm... I'm not sure about the refurbishment... I liked the pastel colors, it will take some time to get used to, I guess...

Dbug, sure there's a refrigerator in an OKW studio, just look at the picture of the kitchenette.

I really like the new colors...to me they are very calming

Could you tell me if the beds in the studio are Doubles or Queens? I had thought I read they were both going to be Queen's, but in the pictures they look more like Doubles. Trying to decided if bying points is a better way for our family of 7. Thank you in advance.

Heather

Thanks, i was looking from my work computer and the pics wont come threw. I see them now!

Thanks for sharing the photos of the OKW studios - I'm hoping to stay there for a few nights next March. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter