• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Old Key West

Thanks Candy Orlando... your video is great! Do you think you could answer some questions about the renovated rooms for me? Also for anyone else who has stayed at a renovated OKW room..

Did they replace the appliances? From what I've heard they were in pretty rough shape and I tried to compare your video to a video of a 1 BR pre-reno. They looked to be the same... were some replaced sooner than others, hence not replaced during the reno?

What about the bedding... I could tell it was different, but is it still a polyester bedspread? Or nicer, like a duvet/cover?

Were all the window treatments replaced? It looked like some were but some were the same...

If anyone does in fact have pictures, I would love to see them. Sometimes its hard to follow a video, and I'd love to do some comparisons with photos. Any other details about the new renovated rooms would be appreciated as well.

Thanks!

PS: I'm pretty curious about OKW as our family will be staying in a Grand Villa there in March. I've never been to OKW before, so I'm trying to find out all I can!

OKW is on the top of my list of places that we have stayed at. I love the hot tub, it is a large square in kind of a secluded garden around you. The pool is great and there is a castle water slide that goes into the pool; the kids love it. Great place with great amenities. It is a peaceful place. Send me a PM with your email address and I'll email you our 2007 trip photo album when we stayed there. :thumbsup2

We stayed at Old Key West in 2007 and it's my favorite resort. I've only stayed at two DVC resorts: here and Saratoga Springs, and I preferred OKW by far. It's the oldest DVC, but it's so lush and all of the vegetation has had time to grow to make it a very beautiful place to stay. I have some old pictures that I'm uploading to Photobucket as I type, so when that's finished, I'll post some for you!

I remember we were very comfortable in our studio room. It was very clean, and I can't think of many negative things. I was 15 at the time, so I probably wasn't paying too much attention to refurbishments! But our experience was a very positive one, so I would say you chose a great place to stay. :thumbsup2

Does anyone know if the rooms near the hospitality house have been refurbished? We have 3 studios reserved in mid August and were just curious if anyone thought they might be refurbished by then???:yay:

Does anyone know if the rooms near the hospitality house have been refurbished? We have 3 studios reserved in mid August and were just curious if anyone thought they might be refurbished by then???:yay:

Do not know about the refurbs...:confused3 But, OKW was the first DVC Resort built, so all the rooms are larger than the sizes of the other ones.

It is larger than the other DVC Resorts is what a meant to say.:thumbsup2

DSC04014.jpg

DSC04015.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter