Ohana's was horrible

Everything was really good on our recent trip, except for the chicken. It was so fatty and had a weird texture. I had a bite or two and was done with it.

Reading this thread and many other reviews online, it is either a hit or miss. And we have a reservation for our FIRST dinner at WDW this Saturday and paying OOP. So Im really second guessing this, is it worth taking the risk? It is like $120 and if it is a crappy meal, it would be totally disappointing and put a bad taste for the rest of our trip.

Errrr....long waits, poor service, fatty chicken bathed in sauce, undercooked meat/rare, ramen like noodles. The only positive is the bread pudding and dumplings? Idk...

We loved it in May of 2014. We just ate there again Sunday, and it was terrible! Every course was sweet. Sweet sweet sweet. The salad, noodles, steak....everything. The steak was impossible to chew or even cut. I barely ate anything. My plate was full of uneaten food.

The shrimp were undercooked. Slimy. Very disappointed. We dropped over $200 for 5 people.

We loved it in May of 2014. We just ate there again Sunday, and it was terrible! Every course was sweet. Sweet sweet sweet. The salad, noodles, steak....everything. The steak was impossible to chew or even cut. I barely ate anything. My plate was full of uneaten food.

The shrimp were undercooked. Slimy. Very disappointed. We dropped over $200 for 5 people.

Ohhh noooo!!!! This is very disappointing, I worked so hard, every day to get a dinner reservation here and now I just might have to cancel. :sad1::sad2:

Thought i'd chime in...

I ate there only once....two years ago. It was HORRIBLE. Food absolutely sucked. Slimy wings, dry pot stickers, shoe-leather-steak....NEVER again. Not worth the cost. The only reason I wasnt too annoyed leaving the restaurant is because we had free dining. Had I paid OOP, I would have been ticked.

Thought i'd chime in...

I ate there only once....two years ago. It was HORRIBLE. Food absolutely sucked. Slimy wings, dry pot stickers, shoe-leather-steak....NEVER again. Not worth the cost. The only reason I wasnt too annoyed leaving the restaurant is because we had free dining. Had I paid OOP, I would have been ticked.

Thank God I read these reviews and honest info on this board. I just cancelled a breakfast and dinner that I had for our upcoming trip in 2 days!

Thank God I read these reviews and honest info on this board. I just cancelled a breakfast and dinner that I had for our upcoming trip in 2 days!

Dinner was bad. But breakfast I actually liked! Love the atmosphere during the day, loved the characters, and the food is good. Although your food options are limited. For more variety, a breakfast buffet would be better. I love Cape May, Crystal Palace, Tusker House.

I hope everyone cancels so we can go 2 times in one trip. LOL!!! We love Ohana dinner! I'm sorry for the bad experience.
I recently received an under-cooked turkey burger @ a TGIFriday's here @ home. Oh my GOSH, nothing is more disgusting than that. It smelled like raw poultry & was just nasty. I hate to complain or send my food back, but I had no choice. They replaced it & apologized, but I was so grossed out, I couldn't eat the new one & they took it off the bill. So TRUST me I get it, nothing worse to me than under-cooked poultry. I am certain that Disney would have been equally displeased w/ the cook that served that.

Ugh! I am so nervous, the first time we went here it was amazing! The highlight of our trip, everything was perfect and my husband couldn't stop talking about it. The next time it was terrible, the food was cold, service was no were to be found and even my beloved bread pudding didn't taste right. But maybe at that point I was just so put off over all the food before hand. I was ready to never go back but my husband loved it so much the first time he has convinced me to give it another try in January.

We were there for dinner and breakfast this week and both meals were awesome! Have done dinner a few times and this was probably the best service and all the food was great. Although I do wish they would bring back that honey-lime dressing! Breakfast was really good too.

And now I'm nervous about it. We have only been once before and I have it booked for our trip coming up the first week in January. It's a very late reservation too (9:15) and I'm concerned the food will be "leftovers" by this time?! Wondering if I should cancel & try to rebook a time for our June trip if there's anything left (staying there at the new DVC on that one so it would be convenient too). Uggg.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter