• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ohana without a reservation...

Yes, you can do walk up. I think we have done it twice, but you have to decide if it is worth it. Generally, if you walk up and they can seat you, it will be a 2-2.5 hour wait. And, you will wait that long!!!

The only other thing I'd recommend is try eating early. Look for reservations around 4:30. When many people book ADRs, they simply select "Dinner." A little known fact is that around 4-4:30pm is considered lunch and will rarely show up for people looking for dinner. You may get lucky.

We dined there at 4:30 out of preference and it was empty, but got there at the same time as a walk up, who for some reason pushed past us to put her name in and she was still sitting when we were called.

Check out the touringplans website. They have a service where they will search for restaurant reservations for you and text or email you if/when they open up. You can put in multiple dates and times or a specific date and time. I was in the exact same boat as you. I had a very small window where we could make an Ohana reservation work and touringplans found it for me. Just be ready to jump on it as soon as they notify you.

Some people say you can walk up and put your name on the wait list. I have not seen that.
I've been there twice (mid-June & early December). We had ADR's but still had to wait 30-40 minutes for our table to be ready on both trips.
During our waits both times, probably a half dozen families came with no reservation and were turned away, politely I might add.
Only one person threw a hissy fit. Funny thing is that her kids were so calm, quiet, and well behaved while she made a spectacle of herself.

I got in without reservations in Aug. of 2013. We went up at 4:30 and put our names on the wait list for a party of 5. We had to wait for a little over two hours. The good news was that we were staying at the Poly and my kids were not very hungry at this time. I sat and waited while my adult niece took the three kids shopping and exploring the grounds. They even went back to the room for a snack and to drop off packages. I read a book and people watched and enjoyed the small amount of time by myself. We were flexible in that we were willing to walk away. My kids finally got hungry enough and I was about to go to Captain's Hook downstairs when we were called. It was well worth the wait but I wouldn't do it if my kids had to wait around for two hours.

My experience with the touring plans reservation finder has been great! I will freely admit to making several Ohana reservations for my March trip at the 180 mark. Now that I am closer and finalizing park plans I have cancelled the ones I no longer need. I imagine many do the same. The touring plans app will text you as soon as one opens up.

The only other thing I'd recommend is try eating early. Look for reservations around 4:30. When many people book ADRs, they simply select "Dinner." A little known fact is that around 4-4:30pm is considered lunch and will rarely show up for people looking for dinner. You may get lucky.

We dined there at 4:30 out of preference and it was empty, but got there at the same time as a walk up, who for some reason pushed past us to put her name in and she was still sitting when we were called.

Not correct.
'OHana does not offer lunch. 4:30 is dinner and since 'OHana changed their opening time to earlier, it has become more popular with families. It does show up when you search MDE
OP as everyone has said, just keep trying.

I was there right before Christmas. People were being seated without reservations at both Ohana and Be Our Guest. I saw it happen. That being said - try your best to get a reservation - these cases are the exception.

Not correct.
'OHana does not offer lunch. 4:30 is dinner and since 'OHana changed their opening time to earlier, it has become more popular with families. It does show up when you search MDE
OP as everyone has said, just keep trying.

Hmm my mistake. Sorry OP- it showed up on our receipt as "lunch."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter