Ohana without a reservation...

TinyTGO

Mouseketeer
Is there any chance of getting to eat at Ohana without a reservation? I have never eaten there, and thought we'd try it this time. I had no idea how fast their reservations book up. Does anyone have any experience walking up and just waiting to be seated?

I'd be shocked if you could get seated. Keep checking on the app for openings. People cancel all the time. Check frequently 24hrs before you want to eat there. We can usually grab hard to get reservations this way.

Good luck!

so if you take the 9:50pm reservation, do they actually close at 10? or do they just stop seating at 10?

Good Luck! I hope you can get one. We went to Ohana a week ago and was in check in behind a family who didn't have reservations and was trying to get a table. Needless to say they didn't. The cast member even was nice enough to check for the rest of the days they were on vacation and there was nothing available. Moral of the story, try your best to get an ADR. Now, it is more likely for you to get a ADR on the day of then it is for you to get a table without a ADR. When we were there in July, we we didn't have a ADR for anywhere but decided we would see what was available for later that day. Sure enough Ohana came up and we got it as soon as we saw it. So keep checking.

I'd be shocked if you could get seated. Keep checking on the app for openings. People cancel all the time. Check frequently 24hrs before you want to eat there. We can usually grab hard to get reservations this way.

Good luck!
We showed up to our 9:15 reservation Sunday at around 8:50. Walk-ups were being added to the waiting list and told they would be seated before the end of the night. This was a busy Sunday of a holiday weekend. I certainly wouldn't say it's impossible, though I don't know if I'd call it likely. (Strangely, we were told upon checking in that the restaurant was running about 25 to 30 minutes behind schedule, and yet we were seated at a prime window table before our scheduled reservation time -- and at a prime window table for Wishes, no less.)

Just adding a recent data point to the discussion.

Keep checking every day and more than once. The first time we went to Disney my sister said she really wanted to try Ohana. I had never been so i didn't really know what to expect. We reserved late so i couldn't get ohana. I checked every day and I was able to finally get the reservation. I am so happy I did because Ohana is our Favorite place to eat at Disney. We are on our 3rd trip in June and we be eating at Ohana for the 3rd time :). Keep trying!

It was after normal dinner hour but I've gotten ADR for 5 the day of in the park.

My guess walkup seating is rare, so I would just keep randomly checking MDE, you are bound to get something.

Put MDE on your phone and check it several times per day while you are there. Even difficult reservations like 'Ohana and BOG become available day-of, day-before, and week-of. I snagged a noon BOG lunch reservation while sitting in HS watching the Indiana Jones Stunt Show two days before.

are you asking what the MDE app is? Its the My Disney Experience app. You can use it to manage most aspects of your vacation. People are suggesting you check for ohana with the app. Often times reservations are cancelled 24 hours prior due to the cancellation policy. good luck!

We saw a podium tantrum too in August.
I agree with PP's without ressies you won't get in. We sometimes have to wait even with an ADR

Forget it...even during slow times that place is always jammed unless you want to eat at 10pm

Just keep trying. As others have said, you won't get in. For every story you hear about one person being in the right place at the right time and getting a walk-up, there are dozens (probably hundreds) who got turned away that day. I sit there and witness it in the few minutes between our check-in and the time we're seated. They are consistently packed.

They stop seating. You won't (or shouldn't) be rushed out.

I've had a 9:50 reservation there before and was most certainly not rushed out. It was actually a peaceful and quiet meal. Wishes was at 10 that night and we had a prime window seat. It's one of my favorite Disney meal memories!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter