Oh what a horrible trip!!!! Now for something completely different-Final blast ......

Merry Christmas Pat!

I didn't know you did the 1/2 marathon. How did I miss that? I've done one 1/2 marathon in my life. It was completely hilly and after that - well, I don't run more than 3 miles at a time. It scarred me for life. :rotfl:

I continue to enjoy all your pictures. What a wonderful, memorable variety.

Bumping this up fr Pat !!! Marv hasn't been around on the boards lately !! Could he be plotting something:confused3:rotfl2:Maybe he had to much Egg Nog over the holidays :confused3:lmao:

Okay how neglectful am I?????? :sad2: I guess I can say I am now caught up everywhere else so I can finally get over here? :rotfl2:

Thank you for sticking this one out and hanging in there with me.

Pat, I'm going through a very busy time of work, plus the holiday craziness, so please forgive me for being behind.

I love your mini highlights of your trips...so much fun.

Dis Meets. :thumbsup2 Pretty OKW and Boardwalk (won't get into it too much because I am no where near at that point in my TR, but we really liked the Boardwalk). Good food. :thumbsup2 Pretty pictures from the Poly beach.

In case I don't get back here, I want to wish you and "yours" a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Thank You Kathy. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and New year and a great birthday Too. I actually had one more trip back in time I meant to get to before I left but sadly have not. ;)

Thanks for the advice and encouragement! My kneecaps are all wonky too...6 years of running in the Army was hell. I will try the taping and see if that helps!

Thanks!

Jill in CO

The taping is ONLY thing that enabled me to run. I started real slow so I wouldn't get discouraged or be in pain.

I got goosebumps reading this! What a way to help you get through those last few brutal miles. You did it, it doesn't need to be pretty but oh what an accomplishment! I am glad to hear you are bringing extra reinforcements on the allergy side and pollen reports etc :thumbsup2

It was a real strange moment. It was great to do and I have no idea if I will ever be that crazy again but I have not ruled it completely out. :crazy:

MERRY CHRISTMAS PAT!

Thanks and I hope you had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year too Tammie!!

Merry Christmas, Pat!!

Hope you had a Great Christmas and a Happy New Year Christine.

You are soooooo BRAVE to even attempt that run !!~! The most I could do would be 10 feet:lmao:

Hope Christmas Day is good for you and your family!!! I am over at Judy's helping get dinner ready , simple but good Beef on Weck, Hash Brown casserole veggies and relish tray , then we are off to my niece's for the evening !!!! Tomorrow I start the Shooping again with the 50% OFF sales :rotfl2:

Thanks Rosie- I will not lie it was brutal. The weather didn't help but if I had to go 13.1 I am glad I did it at Disney. ::yes::

I hope you are all better now and have a great year!!!

I did it again !!!:lmao:

Yes Yes you did. :rotfl2:

Would you mind filling us in on what this is?? :goodvibes

Merry Christmas to you and your family Pat! I hope you have a great trip, I admire anyone brave enough to face the Christmas crowds!! Have fun!

Thanks. It was a bit nutty crowd wise, and the weather was way wonky.
I think Rosie explains the Beef on Weck.

Beef on weck is regional to Western New York . It is deli style roast beef heated in aujus gravy and served on a Kummelweck roll, kummelwicks are a Kaiser like roll but with course salt on top. It is delicious !! If you are ver in my neck of the woods you have to try it !!!!

It is Western NY- I was on LI and have not heard of this. :confused3

Sounds good though.

Ahhh, thanks. That sounds good!

It does...

Merry Christmas Pat!

I didn't know you did the 1/2 marathon. How did I miss that? I've done one 1/2 marathon in my life. It was completely hilly and after that - well, I don't run more than 3 miles at a time. It scarred me for life. :rotfl:

I continue to enjoy all your pictures. What a wonderful, memorable variety.

Thanks- I hope you had a nice Christmas and a Happy New Year. I got sucked into the the whole Tim vs. Barry thing. :rotfl2: That might have been my one and only but I think I am better suited for a 5 or even a 10 K. Just so much time taken away from Disney time to run. :lmao: I still think when I ride the monorail from EPCOT to MK that I ran that. Pretty cool.

Still prefer riding to running though. :lmao:

Bumping this up fr Pat !!! Marv hasn't been around on the boards lately !! Could he be plotting something:confused3:rotfl2:Maybe he had to much Egg Nog over the holidays :confused3:lmao:

I have been neglectful. Hoping to wrap up and maybe just maybe start one for this past trip. :rolleyes:

Merry Christmas Pat!

Ok that's pretty funny. :rotfl: Of course the nice thing about 3 miles is it's easier to fit into a schedule time wise!

You can never have too much egg nog

Okay how neglectful am I?????? :sad2: I guess I can say I am now caught up everywhere else so I can finally get over here? :rotfl2:

That's probably a better way of doing things...I started the TR before being completely caught up everywhere though I'm slowly making a dent

It was a real strange moment. It was great to do and I have no idea if I will ever be that crazy again but I have not ruled it completely out. :crazy:

Thanks- I hope you had a nice Christmas and a Happy New Year. I got sucked into the the whole Tim vs. Barry thing. :rotfl2: That might have been my one and only but I think I am better suited for a 5 or even a 10 K. Just so much time taken away from Disney time to run. :lmao: I still think when I ride the monorail from EPCOT to MK that I ran that. Pretty cool.

Funny how those things work huh? I think a 10K is a lovely distance personally. Long enough to feel like you did something, but not kill yourself training either. And there are a nice selection of Disney 10K's to choose from...oh, one in Cali in August for example....

Then again, I've never done a race further than that yet, or run more than 8 miles so what the heck do I know :rotfl: I have to see if I survive the 15K first.

I'm so proud of you, Pat. I remember you running the 1/2 and thinking what a inspiration you are.

You did such a good job and I hope you have a chance to try something that amazing again, just maybe a few less miles next time. :rotfl:

At least you had the chance to do it and you finished!! :woohoo:

The OKW room looks comfy, soothing to the eye. :)

How are you healing? Are you still doing p.t.?

Thank you for sticking this one out and hanging in there with me.

I have been neglectful. Hoping to wrap up and maybe just maybe start one for this past trip. :rolleyes:

Certainly not as neglectful as I have been. I am busy until Saturday, and I am hoping to finish the report out then. At that point, I am taking a while to just be a reader and not a writer for a while. I will look forward to your pictures of all the things I didn't get to see at Christmas. :)

Ok that's pretty funny. :rotfl: Of course the nice thing about 3 miles is it's easier to fit into a schedule time wise!

Much easier and I can enjoy the parks afterwards. :thumbsup2

You can never have too much egg nog

Nope!!!

That's probably a better way of doing things...I started the TR before being completely caught up everywhere though I'm slowly making a dent

Well that didn't work too well. I got caught up and then behind again....

Funny how those things work huh? I think a 10K is a lovely distance personally. Long enough to feel like you did something, but not kill yourself training either. And there are a nice selection of Disney 10K's to choose from...oh, one in Cali in August for example....

Then again, I've never done a race further than that yet, or run more than 8 miles so what the heck do I know :rotfl: I have to see if I survive the 15K first.

I think the 10 K is good enough to feel like I have done something but not so much that I feel like that's all I did. :rotfl2:

Seriously the weather being so warm and me not being totally prepared did not help. I would do a 10K and a 5K is not a hard task for me. I am missing the annual Cupids Cup this year as I have to work the Sat Am is being run but I really need to get out and run some. :lmao:

I'm so proud of you, Pat. I remember you running the 1/2 and thinking what a inspiration you are.

You did such a good job and I hope you have a chance to try something that amazing again, just maybe a few less miles next time. :rotfl:

At least you had the chance to do it and you finished!! :woohoo:

The OKW room looks comfy, soothing to the eye. :)

How are you healing? Are you still doing p.t.?

I liked OKW. It was nice...even the stairs I had to climb each time to the room. :rotfl2: I made it up every time. and Down. That was part of the run recovery. :lmao:

Thanks for the kind words. I did finish. For that I am proud.

The shoulder is doing good- real stiff and this cold weather does not help. I just need to keep it flexible. Just need to keep work stress down ( pool is finally open !!!) and PT going.

Certainly not as neglectful as I have been. I am busy until Saturday, and I am hoping to finish the report out then. At that point, I am taking a while to just be a reader and not a writer for a while. I will look forward to your pictures of all the things I didn't get to see at Christmas. :)

Ah But I was not hospitalized. Oh wait I was :rotfl2: But I had 6 weeks home to be caught up and still find myself behind. :rotfl2:

I think if I do a TR it will be for you so you can catch a glimpse of what was going on. It won't have your girlies in it ( or Trent) but some scenery.

Just checking in to see if you'e added any new updates. :confused3

Yup Caught up again. I am working this weekend so I might have time for something by then. Going back to work to more construction that wasn't finished while I was out was a bit crazy.
Pool is open and things at work are getting caught up so I can get back into a better routine.

Yeah, what she said......... :rotfl2:

Yeah, yeah. I have excuses, not great ones but excuses none the less. :rotfl2:

Ah But I was not hospitalized. Oh wait I was :rotfl2: But I had 6 weeks home to be caught up and still find myself behind. :rotfl2:

I think if I do a TR it will be for you so you can catch a glimpse of what was going on. It won't have your girlies in it ( or Trent) but some scenery.

I'd love to see what I missed, but don't do it on my account. I have found more and more that DIS trip reports take so much time, and with all the things we have to do for school and the added PT job, it's just time that I don't have any more. I want it to be an enjoyable part of life. At this particular time, it is more of a chore than a joy, so that's why I need to take a break from the writing and just enjoy reading what other people are putting their time and efforts into when I get the chance. :goodvibes

Jill took some pictures on her phone - not a lot, but enough that I got to see some of the things the girls did. It was a big trip for Bella, as she was finally tall enough to ride several new rides. I hate that I missed that. Brandi didn't do many things, but Jill said she was happy to watch Sophie so that everyone else could ride. She enjoyed the Christmas atmosphere, the food, and the things she could do. :thumbsup2 I am sorry that I missed out on one of the few trips Trent was able to make, too. I need to rewind time and schedule my sickness for a couple of weeks after we returned, not right smack dab in the middle of the trip! :crazy2: The timing couldn't have been worse. :sad2:

I'd love to see what I missed, but don't do it on my account. I have found more and more that DIS trip reports take so much time, and with all the things we have to do for school and the added PT job, it's just time that I don't have any more. I want it to be an enjoyable part of life. At this particular time, it is more of a chore than a joy, so that's why I need to take a break from the writing and just enjoy reading what other people are putting their time and efforts into when I get the chance. :goodvibes

Jill took some pictures on her phone - not a lot, but enough that I got to see some of the things the girls did. It was a big trip for Bella, as she was finally tall enough to ride several new rides. I hate that I missed that. Brandi didn't do many things, but Jill said she was happy to watch Sophie so that everyone else could ride. She enjoyed the Christmas atmosphere, the food, and the things she could do. :thumbsup2 I am sorry that I missed out on one of the few trips Trent was able to make, too. I need to rewind time and schedule my sickness for a couple of weeks after we returned, not right smack dab in the middle of the trip! :crazy2: The timing couldn't have been worse. :sad2:

I don't have any pictures of the girls - that meet was short and sweet, they were all rushing to dinner and we had time for an quick update on you and then part ways. I will do one and hopefully you can get some enjoyment.

I am glad you are finally back to "normal". You need a do over.

Okay friends,
I do have one more update here and the pictures just need to upload. I also have a beginning to a new TR which I will post a link here.
While today at work was okay - yesterday was unbearable. The building was so cold, I was so cranky and frozen I couldn't think.

So please be patient and I will be able to finally wrap this one up and move on to the next one. :)

Sorry for the delay- Last weekend would have been a perfect time for me to get this last update here out but Sat we had no heat in the building. And it was a high of maybe 28. BRRRR I know nothing compared to some parts of the country but when I go to work inside I expect a little warmth.

In any case my last blast from the past was a sneaky trip in Dec of 2012. A couple of days to get a Disney fix, I think I had an airline credit to use up and a cheap passholder rate at

This update will take 2 posts mainly because there were some unusual sights.

First up – decorations. I will give you some time to guess where each tree/decoration was. Some easy and some not in very common places.

#1-

#2- easy

I mean why else would you go at holiday time?
There was also this:

New Fantasyland – or the part that was ready had its official opening. Great right? Well not so much, I would have been better off going to another park. I was there for the 40th anniversary and there was less blocked off and more organization.
First of there was a special press only preview the night before. So that morning they blocked off the entrance until the festivities were done at the castle and then all the “dignitaries” were walked back to Fantasyland while everyone was made to wait. Not “hey we having some special ceremonies so the New part will open later. Nope, just wait here it shouldn’t be long.

Of course there were the usual things I like to do like…

I am seeing more themed garbage cans.

I like collecting the cards and actually don’t feel too silly playing either.

My must do every trip- Love sitting on the beach and watching.

I know it should go under the holiday decorations but still love the smell of fresh gingerbread.

My other must do….

Now I will put it here since I don’t want a certain someone falling into the rarely done or unusual category…..

I was able to catch up and meet up with Kathy, Mark, Nicky and Todd. Now I regret not getting a picture of us to share, so some may say it didn’t happen but I do hope we cross paths again soon and have more time together.

Continued ( I promise)....but probably not until I get home ( working again)

Next up I have some of the more rare sights.

Okay I lied- this is not rare but it wouldn’t fit in the other post. I love seeing the train display all dress up for the holidays or food and Wine or flower and garden. It is that little extra, that makes me love Disney.

Unusual sight #1- Now during Food and Wine I will admit, I see some crazy shirts and even scooters but this one cracked me up.

Unusual sight #2

While waiting for a bus at EPCOT – Apparently Rapunzel was visiting.

Unusual #3
The Man in Sitting on Paul ……. Or is it Todd????

Unusual #4 and 5

Could these guys be related? One is in the front of the parade and one is in the back and I always think – didn’t I just see him…

Unusual #6

Never did get a ride on EE since when I did get over there I saw this

Super duper zoom to the rescue

THEY ARE STUCK !!!!!!!

No worries a helpful CM is there to help them OUT and down the stairs. Even 100 feet up in the air she is smiling….

Apparently this guy is heading up to figure this situation out.

And these last 2 are because

Because how can you resist this little guy?

Back to the Country Bears after their refurb and a couple of new parts to the show. I don’t see them every time and well with the new FP+ system I might be going back in more often since everything else will have lines out the whazoo.
And the last one because how can you go during the holidays and not take a picture of the castle with the lights on it. And I say that because after just getting back from being there during the holidays I don’t think I did. :sad2:

Now please if you wish join me back in the not too distant past as I share my latest December Trip report.

It's all smooth sailing from here.... right?

Thanks everyone for hanging in for a long trip report that I just made longer by taking more trips. :) I will say that each one of those "blast from the past trips" had a different purpose. Also most of those were what I call long weekend types of trips.
I do know one thing..... Those are way too short. I felt like I just got my groove and settled and it was time to go home.

So please join me .....

I would totally NOT be smiling if I was stuck there. I think I would be petrified to get out of the car and go up those stairs. But what other choice is there? :faint:

I want to guess the decorations, I guess I could open another window, but I have to shut my computer down because it got stuck in another program. Ugh.

That hair - that really long hair. All that hair has got to be so heavy and what a fashion no-no.

I love all the holiday decor and trees!!! :love:

Funny, That trip I was able to see way more decoration than this past trip. The weather just did not cooperate for that to happen.

I would totally NOT be smiling if I was stuck there. I think I would be petrified to get out of the car and go up those stairs. But what other choice is there? :faint:

I want to guess the decorations, I guess I could open another window, but I have to shut my computer down because it got stuck in another program. Ugh.

That hair - that really long hair. All that hair has got to be so heavy and what a fashion no-no.

I would not like to be stuck either but it was like watching this train wreck( no pun intended :lmao:) so I had to zoom in to see. I knew there were stairs there but the smiling CM made me laugh.
Being right where they were, you see nothing down either side really and to have to get OUT???? No thank you I will stay right here in my seat. :rotfl2:

I will say the first one is a hard one the rest are pretty easy if you have been around the resorts enough.

That hair was picture worthy. Oh My mine is heavy enough and gets caught behind my back now that it is less humid ( less curly) but that would be a pain near the bathroom too. I would be afraid it would take an unintentional dunk in the toilet. :lmao:

How does one brush that much hair? I have issues with mine and it's just below my shoulders. I bet her bandaged leg is because it's either to heavy and it fractured her leg :lmao: or she tripped over it! :rotfl2:

Joining you in the next adventure

How does one brush that much hair? I have issues with mine and it's just below my shoulders. I bet her bandaged leg is because it's either to heavy and it fractured her leg :lmao: or she tripped over it! :rotfl2:

Joining you in the next adventure

Mine is just past my shoulders now and with the dry air it doesn't curl up as much so it is getting stuck at my mid back, just enough to be annoying.
That hair has to have a life of its own. :lmao: Most people I have seen with long hair usually keep it tied back and she just lets it go straight.

I cannot imagine what my hair would do that long. I would be cousin IT.

Yeah I figured she tripped over it.

Tumble monkey!!!!

Stuck on EE??!! No way in the world I'd be able to move to get down from there!

I'd be happy to have hair right now! :lmao: :lmao:

Tumble monkey!!!!

Stuck on EE??!! No way in the world I'd be able to move to get down from there!

I'd be happy to have hair right now! :lmao: :lmao:

:) Spolier but I was able to find him this trip...

Stuck there on EE would be a bit scary. I would be worried that wastever caused the train to stop would allow it go..... right as I was trying to get out.

Maybe yours will grow back that blonde and FAST... :lmao: Or hey she could have made you a wig and she wouldn't have even missed that much. :lmao::lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter