Oh the Tragedy! No Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake this time! Updates x 5 9/30

So that's the mystery behind the toffee cake. For some reason, I was expecting the story to be 'worse', but it doesn't sound so bad. Speaking for myself, food tastes worse to me if I'm already full, so maybe this particular toffee cake wouldn't have been as amazing as you've found it in the past (if you weren't hungry anyway). Plus, it might have given you a bit more room to enjoy 'Ohana. I don't know, I'm just trying to find a silver lining here. :laughing:

Speaking of 'Ohana, I'm still disappointed about the removal of the chicken. 'Ohana wasn't really in our rotation, but my favorite items were always the chicken/turkey and shrimp. Chicken wings just aren't the same to me, as I hate the fat on them. Oh well - Josh from EasyWDW posted a recent review confirming that the chicken is indeed gone. And at those prices, I won't be returning if there's only one protein I'm interested in. The bread pudding isn't enough of a draw for me, as I actually preferred the previous dessert (pineapple pieces and caramel sauce, served in a pineapple). Seems like nobody remembers that one, but I thought it was a perfect ending after a heavy, protein-centric meal.

Your group looks like such nice, lovely, and fun people.

I made ADR's for 'Ohana, 1 for breakfast and 1 for dinner, for our upcoming trip in September. However, I decided to cancel because my daughters said the menu just did not appeal to them, with the exception of the bread, the noodles, and the potstickers. I have always wanted to try 'Ohana as I think the restaurant itself looks so beautiful and unique, but we love Kona Cafe so much it is really hard to pass on a meal there.

They serve the same pineapple-coconut bread at the Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show and it is super delicious. I love artisan bread and I definitely put this bread in that category. I have been to the dinner show twice and totally overindulged in the bread. I wanted to grab a chunk right out of your photo.

All caught up here! Yay!

I'm sorry that YC was such a letdown! But gees those rolls look super yummy!! I'm certainly this much more excited about visiting Kona & Liberty Tree, both for the first time! I already know that I'm having those pancakes & I cannot wait! :)

One other entertainment note… The ukulele lady did her thing with promenading the kids around but I don’t think I saw the coconut races. Do they still do those?
They held the coconut races when we were there with our grandhildren back in Feb 2013. The race is held in one of the rows near the window, and it is a fairly short race. So it is very likely that your table was too far away to see it. Plus you were probably busy enjoying the food or the company. ;)

Do you eat the ice cream on the bread pudding dessert, or push it off to the side?

Loving the reviews so far ! And mostly the ooey gooey toffee cake pictures...although it doesn't taste the same when you lick your screen. :lmao: I had that on our last trip and I'm hooked!!! Looking forward to reading the rest of your reviews. It looks like you had a wonderful trip! :banana:

I will gladly take WDW dining advice from you because you are probably the dining queen. My goal in life is to be able to go to Disney as much as you! :rotfl:

Anywho...I do personally love 'Ohana. I haven't had a bad meal though...but then again, I've only had two. :laughing: I'm not sure how much would be missed with the chicken. I always thought it was somewhat dry. I am basically a carnivore so it was surprising to me when I loved the noodles most. Well 2nd most. After the bread pudding. I LOVE Ohana bread pudding ungodly amounts. More so than at Raglan Road. (But then again, apparently I eat Ger's version wrong! :rotfl2:)

We absolutely love Ohana but it definately is pricey.

I agree. Even with TiW it's still a good chunk of change for how much I eat. I should just go hungrier and eat more!

Well, look at that… I fell behind again! :rolleyes1

I LOVE Tusker House! LOL It's a staple on our trips! I'm actually kinda bummed we won't be doing any time at AK just because I'll miss TH. I love the Beef Bobotie and they have a few other things I can't think of now that I enjoy. And that JUICE! YUMMY! :)

Yak & Yeti is a place I'm dying to try, but it hasn't happened yet. I'm sooooo sorry that you had to save the world when you could have been enjoying a yummy snack!

I've been trying to read this all evening, but it just hasn't happened, so I will post more later when I catch up some more! :hug:

Definitely the juice is a winner at TH. I won't fight you for the bobotie!

Darn work interfered with my vacation dining! They owe me a Y&Y meal I do believe.

No worries. :)

We love Ohana, its a must when we go to Disney..Now we only have a few table service meals the reast is quick service so we starve all day then splurge that evening..:lmao:

You are very wise to go with an appetite. I need to follow your example next time.

I haven't to Ohana since I went with my friend back in Sept 2012. Like you there are things I like and things I really don't care for, however overall it is still a solid meal with a relaxing atmosphere. I am going to have to try RR bread pudding, we always get the pavlova there. We will be returning to Ohana this December with my in laws and the baby and cannot wait!!

Dessert at RR was a dilemma for me since I couldn't decide between the pavlova and the bread pudding. I adore pavlova but since I make that at home I went for the bread pudding. Em ordered the pavlova the one time we went to RR and enjoyed it.

Sounds like 'Ohana will be a nice place to dine with family AND that little guy in December.

Oops, it seems like I'm a whole day's worth of meals behind, including two of my favorites.

Kona - Due to our mutual love for the pancakes and the fact that I have eaten here with you on my last two trips, I now associate Kona's breakfast with you. It will seem very strange being there without you in October. :sad1: Are you sure you can't pop in for breakfast? I think those pancakes are totally worth a cross-country trip, aren't they??? ;)

Liberty Tree Tavern - While I admire your restraint in passing on your much-loved pot roast, I was amazed by it when our server didn't come through with the Ooey Gooey. If it had been me, I'm afraid a manhunt would have ensued, as I would not have forfeited so peacefully. :laughing:

'Ohana - I was really torn on this one. I sooo enjoyed having dinner with you guys every night but my stubbornness won out on this one. I guess I'm still not ready to let bygones be bygones when it comes to 'Ohana. ;) But in the end, I had one of my favorite meals of the trip at Artist Point that night so I guess, all's well that ends well. However, I am a little jealous of your pina colada. :laughing:

Hi Barb! Those Kona pancakes are almost worth a trip. You'll have to raise a fork to those that stayed behind for that meal! ;)

I do believe I weighed the merits of throwing a fit about the toffee cake and realized I probably would survive not having that delicious dessert. Thanks for offering to share some of yours.

You definitely made the right choice with AP so no regrets there. Even a pina colada couldn't make it much better I imagine. :)

Yay - you got your just desserts ;)
The bread pudding at 'Ohana is worth getting an ADR for!
I will add for any vegetarians reading, 'Ohana is still a great option, the provided me with an excellent meal as an alternative
Boy the noodles and broccoli look yummy :goodvibes
Great group shot of you all as well

Hi Linda! That bread pudding is my favorite part of the meal! Thanks for sharing about the veggie alternative.

Well, discontinued chicken kind of messes with my love of 'Ohana. I had no idea that was happening. Of course the bread pudding is the main reason for this ADR ever, but chicken and steak are the two meats most of us eat. The kids won't touch the shrimp or pork, and Dude even balks at the steak. He's got a real food texture thing going on and chicken is his go-to. When that boy was five I once timed him at 24 minutes chewing a single piece of pork. I kept telling him to swallow it and he kept saying he wasn't done yet.

I love shrimp but you're right, way too much effort for it here.

This makes a difficult choice for my fantasy-trip MK dinner. We like to leave the park and hit a monorail resort for dinner on our MK night and 'Ohana has always been it for the dessert. Have to go read allears menus again.

I can live without the chicken but the moment they mess with the bread pudding I'm outta there!

Paula notes that they may have changed their mind about the chicken now. I haven't looked at the menu to see if it is back so you may be in luck.

'Ohana was a fun meal and will probably enter our dining rotation.

I have heard that they didn't keep the chicken discontinued as there were complaints about it being gone...

So there was a revolt for removing the chicken? We don't have 'Ohana next time since Em's not a huge fan but it is a fun meal especially with you guys!

Loving your piña colada sounds good right now ... Oh wait it's only 10 am here so ignore that thought LOL I like Ohana's wings , potstickers, meats and can always eat a bit of the noodles. I'm not a fan of peel and eat shrimp although my husband from the SC loves them so will be going back this next trip.
Another great evening with fabulous company and you finally got a dessert which made me happy for you!!
(( cocktail and dessert win win ))

Debby

Ha ha!! :lmao: No matter what time of day, that pina colada was fabulous. I just may not get a lot of work done today if I started early. And I agree, dessert and cocktails = :hippie:

How come I was NOT told this was in progress? I am devastated. MICHAEL...help me, here, please!

I's bed time for me (long week so far), but I will be back to catch up...I promise.

Love you guys.

Ha ha! I was slipping in at least my dining review before I get to this TR in 2017! Thanks for joining I'm so glad you are here. :goodvibes

So, we just ate at LTT yesterday for the first time. The Colony salad was delicious and the obey, gooey, toffee cake..... Well lets just say I can see why it was a tragedy you didn't get any. It was amazing! I understand all the hype now, and I think we have a new favorite MK lunch spot!

That's awesome!!! I'm glad you enjoyed it! Now you know what you've been missing. :laughing:

I am caught up (I skipped the chatter).

I'm sorry the menu changed a bit at Jiko and that the ribs were not as amazing as they had been in the past. You all look wonderful though.

Tusker House was a huge disappointment for us two weeks ago. We felt the variety was not nearly what it used to be. And I am so with you on the Krispy Kreme donuts and the donut holes. Seriously? Just NOT the same.

I'm with you...love Yak & Yeti (the girls and me ate there this trip too). We are skipping it in September as of now but I may add it in since I cancelled our two signature meals.

WOW! That is all I can say on Yachtsman. What the heck happened? I know how much you and I have enjoyed it in the past.

Kona...a definite favorite and can't wait for my coffee there and our breakfast. I agree with Michael...I could eat there every breakfast meal of the trip.

You looked like you all had a good time at Ohana. As you know, we were not impressed and will not go back. But Mark would like to go just for that dessert.

Oh nooooo TH changed things up? I'm ok with change as long as they ADD things and not take them away. Looking at you puny donut holes! :rolleyes1 Bummer about the lack of options.

I'm looking forward to returning to Y&Y but it is not a place that I've ever eaten a full meal. I survived skipping it last trip and not having those wontons for dessert.

Something is amiss at YSH... not sure if we will keep our ADR next month but Em wants to try it once more so we'll see.

We're definitely on the same page with Kona breakfast. I'm just glad that Michael loves my favorite breakfast place.

'Ohana is not a must-do for us so we'll skip it for now. It was a nice meal to share with others.

So that's the mystery behind the toffee cake. For some reason, I was expecting the story to be 'worse', but it doesn't sound so bad. Speaking for myself, food tastes worse to me if I'm already full, so maybe this particular toffee cake wouldn't have been as amazing as you've found it in the past (if you weren't hungry anyway). Plus, it might have given you a bit more room to enjoy 'Ohana. I don't know, I'm just trying to find a silver lining here. :laughing:

Speaking of 'Ohana, I'm still disappointed about the removal of the chicken. 'Ohana wasn't really in our rotation, but my favorite items were always the chicken/turkey and shrimp. Chicken wings just aren't the same to me, as I hate the fat on them. Oh well - Josh from EasyWDW posted a recent review confirming that the chicken is indeed gone. And at those prices, I won't be returning if there's only one protein I'm interested in. The bread pudding isn't enough of a draw for me, as I actually preferred the previous dessert (pineapple pieces and caramel sauce, served in a pineapple). Seems like nobody remembers that one, but I thought it was a perfect ending after a heavy, protein-centric meal.

Hi Mr. DDW! I could have had more drama for that toffee cake but I restrained myself. I love your silver lining so yes, all valid points.

Ok, thanks for sharing about Josh's update for 'Ohana. I really don't eat chicken wings either so that is no consolation for removal of the chicken skewers. Darn!

Wow! I didn't know they had a prior dessert at 'Ohana before the bread pudding. That bread pudding is in a dessert hall of fame or something. I can't imagine them removing it. That prior dessert sounds more tropical and in keeping with the theme. Not to mention better for the waistline. :)

I hope all is well and thanks for keeping up with this DR. :goodvibes

Your group looks like such nice, lovely, and fun people.

I made ADR's for 'Ohana, 1 for breakfast and 1 for dinner, for our upcoming trip in September. However, I decided to cancel because my daughters said the menu just did not appeal to them, with the exception of the bread, the noodles, and the potstickers. I have always wanted to try 'Ohana as I think the restaurant itself looks so beautiful and unique, but we love Kona Cafe so much it is really hard to pass on a meal there.

They serve the same pineapple-coconut bread at the Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show and it is super delicious. I love artisan bread and I definitely put this bread in that category. I have been to the dinner show twice and totally overindulged in the bread. I wanted to grab a chunk right out of your photo.

We DEFINITELY are nice AND fun! :rotfl2: My opinion of course!

Of all the food I like the pot stickers and the veggies the best. I like meat but honestly I would be fine without the skewers. I would choose breakfast over dinner at 'Ohana at this point so I will say good call!

I do love that bread. (And the breakfast one even better!) :thumbsup2

Enjoy your dining in September.

All caught up here! Yay!

I'm sorry that YC was such a letdown! But gees those rolls look super yummy!! I'm certainly this much more excited about visiting Kona & Liberty Tree, both for the first time! I already know that I'm having those pancakes & I cannot wait! :)

Hi Jennifer! I'm glad to see you here and caught up!

Those rolls at YSH were redeeming for the meal which is sad.

This is what you'll do after eating those pancakes >> :banana: And then you can thank those dining reviews for the positive influence. :worship: I hope you enjoy LTT as well. Great choices!

I am just a sucker for bread pudding and that looks so good!!!! :love:

It looks good and it tastes wonderful!! ::yes::

They held the coconut races when we were there with our grandhildren back in Feb 2013. The race is held in one of the rows near the window, and it is a fairly short race. So it is very likely that your table was too far away to see it. Plus you were probably busy enjoying the food or the company. ;)

Do you eat the ice cream on the bread pudding dessert, or push it off to the side?

I think you are right. We were in the very back of the room so I think all the action may take place behind where we were seated. Anytime Hunter and Michael were together it was pretty hilarious so I'll agree with the distraction of our dining companions. :thumbsup2

I don't eat the ice cream. I let others take their portion and then scoot the ice-cream off of mine.

Finally Caught Up!!! Great Reviews So Far!!!! popcorn::

Hi there and thanks for reading and getting caught up. Thank you! :)

Loving the reviews so far ! And mostly the ooey gooey toffee cake pictures...although it doesn't taste the same when you lick your screen. :lmao: I had that on our last trip and I'm hooked!!! Looking forward to reading the rest of your reviews. It looks like you had a wonderful trip! :banana:

Ha ha!! I can guarantee the toffee cake tastes much better than your computer screen!

Thanks! It was a great trip. I have a lot more great food to share.

I will gladly take WDW dining advice from you because you are probably the dining queen. My goal in life is to be able to go to Disney as much as you! :rotfl:

Anywho...I do personally love 'Ohana. I haven't had a bad meal though...but then again, I've only had two. :laughing: I'm not sure how much would be missed with the chicken. I always thought it was somewhat dry. I am basically a carnivore so it was surprising to me when I loved the noodles most. Well 2nd most. After the bread pudding. I LOVE Ohana bread pudding ungodly amounts. More so than at Raglan Road. (But then again, apparently I eat Ger's version wrong! :rotfl2:)

Considering you are a DVC owner I can see a lot more Disney trips in your future Kimmy!! ;)

I finally discovered the sauces for the meat this trip so I think I enjoyed the steak and pork all the more because of that. The bread pudding is such an awesome way to end the meal although it is a bit torturous to try and enjoy it after all that food. :upsidedow

The Mara - Breakfast: Thursday May 1, 2014
This is more of a quick snack update. Since it involves a place that we hadn’t tried before so I’m including it in our dining line up as bonus content!!

We had no breakfast plans this morning since we were changing resorts from AKV Jambo House to BWV. After considering room service as an option, we knew we’d get lazy and not move on if we were stuck in the room with food. As tempting as it was to enjoy breakfast on the balcony, we decided to get on with our day and head out to AK park. The Mara was the easiest option for a quick and easy breakfast.

They have many hot breakfast options; however, we decided to just have a Danish from the bakery case and a coffee. We had no complaints with these goodies.
DSCN0348.jpg

DSCN0303.jpg

Menu items:
DSCN0349.jpg

DSCN0308.jpg

DSCN0311.jpg

Here are the choices for the bakery items:
DSCN0305.jpg

While at the condiment display I couldn’t help but think of Rachel’s (Rachel09985) boyfriend Cory who had the ingenious idea to make a PB&J which only cost .69 for 2 slices of bread. Juice some of those fresh lemons, add sugar and you have fresh lemonade. The possibilities at this condiment bar are endless.

DSCN0306.jpg

DSCN0307.jpg

DSCN0325.jpg

DSCN0328.jpg

DSCN0327.jpg

Restaurant photos
DSCN0332.jpg

DSCN0333.jpg

DSCN0340.jpg

Our breakfast choices – keeping is simply today!
DSCN0337.jpg

Up Next: Flame Tree BBQ Lunch

Flame Tree BBQ: Thursday May 1, 2014

DSCN0585.jpg

After a few hours of touring AK park we were feeling a rumbly in our tummies. I had the perfect solution for lunch that I knew Michael would enjoy – Flame Tree BBQ. Em is not a BBQ fan so this place is crossed off our list when we do girl trips so this was my opportunity to reacquaint myself with the BBQ goodness of the pulled pork sandwich. Michael surprised me and went with a healthy option of the turkey sandwich and fresh fruit.

Menu Board:
DSCN0586.jpg

FTBBQ accepts TiW. At least I remembered that this time.

The kitchen was busy in the sandwich-making department.
DSCN0592.jpg

We chose a seat at the far end of the outdoor dining area by the lake overlooking EE.

DSCN0600.jpg

DSCN0594.jpg

So about the food…. Michael didn’t say much about the turkey sandwich but it was consumed so it must have been decent. He doesn’t like melon so that went untouched. Poor guy, he didn’t experience the best this place had to offer. Yet….

Smoked Turkey Breast Sandwich with Cranberry Mayo and Fresh Fruit $9.49
DSCN0595.jpg

As for the pulled pork… I grabbed a Dixie cup of the sweet and spicy BBQ sauce and poured a generous serving on the sandwich and ahhhhh – amazing. The best thing I’d eaten all trip next to those Kona pancakes. I tried a little of the regular BBQ sauce as well but I liked the spicy that had red pepper flakes much better.

Pulled Pork Sandwich served with coleslaw $9.49
DSCN0601.jpg

with the lid off
DSCN0602.jpg

Slathered with BBQ Sauce
DSCN0603.jpg

I like creamy coleslaw with celery seed so FT BBQ’s version is perfect for my taste.

I figured I’d be nice and share my sandwich which had an ulterior motive connected to it. I wanted a snack somewhere in the form of a cream cheese filled pretzel. Plus, I may as well show Michael how great FT BBQ can be by sharing my left over sandwich. I know, I’m a giver that way! He agreed that this counter-service place was worthy of a repeat visit.

Up Next: California Grill

California Grill Dinner - Part 1: Thurs. May 1, 2014

DSCN0841.jpg

Our dinner group this evening was Barb, Paula, Hunter, Michael and me, and our son Troy and his girlfriend, Kala. We checked in for dinner on the 2nd floor and were ushered into the private elevator to the 15th floor to await dinner in the restaurant bar where we were greeted by Chef Eddie (Hunters’ pal) and hung out until the rest of our party arrived.

We were celebrating a special milestone anniversary for Paula and Hunter this evening. We were glad that they had invited us to participate and even extended the invitation to our son and his girlfriend once we knew they would be in town this evening. Their motto is definitely the more the merrier!

Our Dining Partners:
Paula and Hunter
DSCN0855.jpg

Our middle son and his girlfriend
DSCN0828.jpg

I have a photo of our group after dinner with Barb. Apparently I don’t have any other than this photo that looks like I was a creeper.

33e2f50c-3310-4970-8c8d-fb4a545902a8.jpg

Michael and Brenda - yeah, us
DSCN0830.jpg

This was the second time that I’d dined at California Grill post refurbishment. It was nice to visit pre-dusk and see the scenery in daylight from that view. As with our last visit, I was thrilled with the result of the refurb.

Restaurant photos:
DSCN0800.jpg

DSCN0799.jpg

DSCN0802.jpg

DSCN0803.jpg

Up at the bar I ordered a Bloody Mary and enjoyed the views of MK during the pre-dusk hour. It was a great view during the day up there.
Once our entire party arrived we were seated at a large window-side table facing the castle. Mickey-fetti adorned the table in honor of the special celebration.

DSCN0824.jpg

DSCN0834.jpg

For my drink order I had another Bloody Mary while Michael had an NA beer and Pellegrino. I remember our son’s girlfriend had a cucumber fizz but I think our son just had water.

DSCN0848.jpg

The bread service with the plain old boring rolls and the better, yet not stellar, focaccia with lavender butter. The focaccia was a little on the oily side but tasty. I still miss the wonderful sourdough bread they served before the remodel since this bread basket is a step back to nearly the quality of the rolls at Tony’s. They’re complimentary and no one is forcing you to eat them so let’s move on.

Basket of Rolls and Focaccia
DSCN0837.jpg

DSCN0868.jpg

The kitchen, compliments of Chef Eddie, had a half dozen of the staff bring out an amuse bouche. The young chef that presented it and explained what we were eating was very nervous. Not sure if it was because he had to do so in front of the chef or because we were so intimidating. I’m sure it wasn’t us! This lovely dish was a take on a chili relleno with a grilled chili stuffed with provolone and fried. It was delicious! I would love to see that as an appetizer option in the future.

Amuse Bouche – from Chef Eddie
DSCN0856.jpg

The menu changes frequently due to incorporating fresh and seasonal items into the offerings. The kale salad that Em loved in December is still on the menu. Since we’d been eating the bread and had the amuse bouche we passed on appetizers.

Menu choices:
DSCN0844.jpg

DSCN0845.jpg

DSCN0846.jpg

Awaiting the next course, here’s the view directly to the left of Barb:
DSCN0874.jpg

For entrees, it looked like scallops and pork were the popular items. I loved the pork tenderloin before the restaurant remodel and when they updated the menu I think they improved upon this dish. There’s a reason this has remained on the menu and is so popular. I think I influenced my son to order this as well when I used words such as you may die from pleasure eating this and it’s the best pork anywhere.

Michael remembered the scallops from 2 years ago and went with that choice as did our son’s girlfriend.

Pork Two Ways: Grilled Tenderloin, Goat Cheese Polenta, Mushrooms, Lacquered (pork) Belly, Applesauce $39
DSCN0906.jpg

DSCN0908.jpg

What I love about the pork dish is that they kept what was amazing about the prior iteration of the entrée and improved upon it by adding the pork belly and the applesauce. The creamy goat cheese polenta with the wonderful zinfandel glaze is amazing as always. The tang of the cheese and the savory from the glaze is the perfect match for the pork tenderloin medallions. The chunky house-made applesauce was a new addition since December but it was sweet and delicious – just like apple pie filling.

The pork belly is a new addition since the menu update last year with the restaurant remodel. I’m a fan of the lacquered belly but it is a large chunk to eat so I shared what I couldn’t finish with Michael.

Jumbo Scallops: English Pea Puree, Crispy Bacon, Asparagus, Alba Mushrooms, Pinot Noir syrup $44
DSCN0900.jpg

DSCN0898.jpg

This was a beautiful dish. The scallops are huge and perfectly cooked. There were a couple “wows” uttered for this dish. Both Michael and our son’s girlfriend enjoyed this entrée.

Next Up: California Grill Part 2

Saving for Part 2 of California Grill dining review.....

I will post this once Paula has completed her dining review for this meal so you'll have to hang in there. :)

Flame Tree Barbeque has the best seating area of all the parks. I love the view from there. And the pulled pork is good, too. :)

That was nice that your son and his gf could join you. Were they staying at WDW, too, or just traveling in the area?

That view of the castle is amazing. I would think that the view draws a lot of people to the restaurant. I had read some bad reviews of California Grill when it first reopened. But everything I have read lately has been very positive. It probably helps to have Hunter along for the little extras. :)

I was looking at the menu and the Pork Two Ways caught my eye instantly. I am a huge fan of pork belly! I thought that was perfect when I saw that you ordered it, so we could see what the dish looked like.

I had the pork pre-refurbishment and it was delicious. We have not been back yet but maybe next year ;)

Reading this while sitting here sipping wine and trying not to eat is a very hard prospect when faced with Danishes, BBQ, and pork. And no matter how oily that focaccia was it looks like the most amazing piece of bread my wine filled eyes have ever seen.

I had no idea flame tree took TiW, will have to try and remember that for next trip.

Cali grill sounds amazing as always. Haven't been post rehab but pre rehab meals were nothing short of amazing. Those scallops look awesome, thought with only 3 I'm sure your hubby was greatful for the pork belly side dish. Can't wait for the rest,...

I will have to tell Mark about that PBJ at Mara since we are staying at AKL for three nights and plan on eating there on our arrival night.

I loved seeing your review on Flame Tree. We haven't been in awhile and it's on the schedule also for September.

I am drooling all over looking at the photos of Michael's scallops. I love scallops and those just look absolutely fabulous. We have yet to get to California Grill...I never seem to quite fit it in anywhere. I can't remember whose but I did see a very poor review of it yet. But I can't imagine those scallops being bad.

I have gone to WDW too many times in the heat and I always overlook Flame Tree Barbecue, but I think its time to revisit in the cooler weather and sit at the exact same table with that perfect view.

I have not been to the Cali Grille since the refurb and it really looks beautiful. Those scallops look divine!

I didn't realize your son was on this trip. Cool!

Bring on the rest of the meal!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter