Ogas Canitina Walkup waitlist?

2siamese

Earning My Ears
After failing for 8 frustrating days of trying to get Ogas reservations for our trip at the beginning of May we are left with walkup wiatlist as our only option. Is there a daily waitlist? Is this a viable option? If there is a waitlist is there a time of day that is better to go to get oneself on it? I will keep looking for cancecelled reservations but at this point I think that this famous Star Wars qoute puts it to the point: "Help me Obiwaitlist Kenobi, your my only HOPE"

Do not worry, the only thing you need to do is be in the general vicinity of Oga's when you want to go and join the waitlist on the app. From what I've seen chances you get in are pretty good, just be aware that you'll probably get a standing table or the bar and not a normal table.

You can also literally walk up and give your name and party number to the cast member. This works best right when they open around 10:30. Eat a good breakfast that morning and it won't feel too weird having drinks before 11am. The wait will be around 20 minutes for the first couple hours in the morning.

The walk up waitlist in the app will periodically close when it's busy. You have to be IN Star Wars Land to join it.

💯 on the advice above. Get there when they open and the waitlist will work for you. I’ve given this advice to my friends who can’t get a reservation and it’s worked.

Have fun!

We did the walkup list on March and it was super easy! Once we were close to Oga's, I opened the app and when I looked at Oga's, it told me how long the wait list was, if it was available. Once I saw there was a short (20 min?) wait, I clicked to get on the list and we were inside in less than 10 minutes! Planning on doing the same for our July trip if I can't get a reservation.

Did I read somewhere that doing the walkup list will put you at a standing table? Are you guaranteed to have seats when having a regular reservation here or no?

Did I read somewhere that doing the walkup list will put you at a standing table? Are you guaranteed to have seats when having a regular reservation here or no?

I can answer that for WDW, not sure if it is the same for DL. We had reservations at Oga's at WDW in November and we stood at the counter.

Thank you so much to all, you are ratcheting down my anxiety alot. I am a huge Star Wars nerd so Ogas is a big thing for me.

I think standing vs. sitting depends on your party size. I've had reservations for Oga's (at WDW) a couple of times now for a party of 1, and I've always stood at the bar. The few 'booths' they have look like they are for larger parties (of like 4-5, maybe, IIRC). There's a few standing tables as well that would accommodate 2-4.

We are a party of 5 and have never had seats. We've done both reservations and walk up. We've had standing tables 2x and the bar 2x.

I have a feeling reservations have priority for seating BUT it will def depend on party size. Since the tables are not actually private odds are good that a smaller party would be able to fit into a table than a big one. For example, if there can be 6 ppl in a table, and 3 are already seated, then a party of 3 would be easier to sit in it than a party of 6.

It's also probable that standing tables vacate a lot faster than the bar and low tables.

Last time we went we got a table, a fam of 4 was already sitting there and eventually left. After a party of 3 got their spot. We were there a while and saw a few groups come and go from the standing tables. I could understand that tbh, if we get a standing table we probably wouldn't even order anything unless we were really in the mood. Low tables are the good spot imo.

Just a caveat on the walk up list. It’s very competitive on the evening with Star Wars Nites. If it’s in the evening you have to hang around in the area as it opens and fills quickly. Then opens again and so on and so on.

I think standing vs. sitting depends on your party size. I've had reservations for Oga's (at WDW) a couple of times now for a party of 1, and I've always stood at the bar. The few 'booths' they have look like they are for larger parties (of like 4-5, maybe, IIRC). There's a few standing tables as well that would accommodate 2-4.

It definitely does not depend on your party size at DLR, but cannot speak for WDW.

I've been a party of one and was seated at a booth with other parties. (One time it was a party of 2, a party of 3 and me. And another time it was me and a party of 5.) Now I'm sure if I had said I didn't want to sit with strangers, they would have put me at a standing table/bar, but it was always a booth when I had reservations.

I don't know that there is any consistency across the board though. My experiences are only my own, but it has always been booth for when I had a reservation, standing up at the bar/table when I did walk-up, whether solo or not.

At DLR, the "policy" in place as recently as last year was that a reservation got seating priority. Waitlist could be either, but would likely be the bar.

For example, during a visit last year, I had a 2-person reservation that I dropped to 1 at check-in. After I was called, the CM asked me if I still wanted a table. (I'd never specifically asked for a table.)

(Btw - WDW is handled differently, and has a slightly different menu.)

We just went a couple weeks ago and had a reservation (I had to use paid *********** to get it which was annoying). We were a group of 5 and were sat at a seated table (the ones along the wall). As the cast member was taking us to our table, she said that reservations always get seats but I don’t think that is true. Shortly after we sat, a group of 2 was sat at the other end of our table.

I don’t think party size matters. I think reservations are much more likely to get table seats than waitlist groups, but it’s not guaranteed.

I went last August with reservations for a party of 3 and we were placed at a standing table. Not ideal with my 78 year old mother, but we managed and had a great conversation with the couple next to us. They were walk up and surprised we were there with reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter