Offsite Restaurants

CamperMomma

Mouseketeer
Hi! We will be visiting October 27 - November 6. Have a few ADR's set up within Disney, but we are looking for some outside of WDW as well. We will have a rental car, so distance (within reason) isn't an issue. 2 adults, and 5 and 2 year old. Looking at dinner time. Thanks!

My kids loved Bahama Breeze. There are at least two locations in the area. While it's a chain, it isn't everywhere and it has a fun atmosphere (and good kids menu!). I'm not a buffet person, but my co-workers who go love Golden Corral (not my thing, but the variety is good for kids). If you're going to Disney Springs, Raglan Road was a blast for my kids. Raglan Road and Bahama Breeze both had really good food and good adult drink options, while having a good atmosphere or entertainment for kids. My friends loved Sea Dog Brewing Company.

For cheap outings (to appease the little ones), we tried CiCi's Pizza and the Outta Control Dinner Show at Wonderworks. Cici's is not my thing (being from New York, this is not pizza to me), but the kids loved it and it was dirt cheap. The dinner show was fun and the kids enjoyed also seeing Wonderworks.

There is a place called "UNOS". We eat there on every trip. There is one located just outside of DownTown Disney. The menu has a wide variety. There is something for everyone. We love their deep dish pizza. We also had a very good New Strip Steak there.

I second both Bahama Breeze and Ale House, we went to both TWICE during our stay we were so impressed and the kids were happy there too. You can sign up on the MIller's website for emails and they'll send you a coupon for a free flat bread, we used it as a kids meal.

For cheap hamburgers and great shakes, try Steak and Shake.

We also love Sweet Tomatoes at Crossroads. Sign up for their website and you will get coupons to save money.

When I'm in Orlando, I like to choose restaurants that I can't really find at home, so no Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Sweet Tomato, Outback on my list, though you can find these easily if you wish. Apopka Vineland road, right outside Disney Springs is a good place for me to find chains that I don't have near my home, but ymmv. We like Giordanos (deep dish pizza to die for, but it takes a while to prepare. We call when we leave the parks and get take out), Uno, Perkins (yes, just a diner, but great for a breakfast for dinner treat), Joe's Crab Shack (beware that it takes a while to prepare and eat some things there, but totally worth it in terms of taste), Buffalo Wild Wings (one just opened down the street from my house, but for some reason we only go in Orlando-- it's fun to order a bunch of different kind of wings and decide which we like best). I also like Logan's Roadhouse (fun to throw peanut shells on the floor) and Bob Evans (these were all over the place when I went to college in Ohio, but none near my house in South Florida-- the biscuits do bring back memories).

We live in Dr. Phillips, right down the street from Disney Property and here are a few of our favourites around the area. The majority of these are in the Dr. Phillips area referred to be locals as 'Restaurant Row', which is just Sand Lake Rd. where it intersects Turkey Lake Rd.

Beewon Korean Cuisine
Rocco's Tacos
Bubbalou's Bodacious BBQ
Big Fin
Bahama Breeze
Eddie V's
Bravo!
Seasons 52

For cheap hamburgers and great shakes, try Steak and Shake.

We also love Sweet Tomatoes at Crossroads. Sign up for their website and you will get coupons to save money.
Where is the Steak and Shake? Love that chain. We ate at the one in Clermont before. I didn't know there was one near WDW...

Where is the Steak and Shake? Love that chain. We ate at the one in Clermont before. I didn't know there was one near WDW...

We went to the one on S Apopka Vineland Rd. I think that's the closest to Disney, but others may chime in if there's a closer one. Kids loved it. Can't wait to have their shakes next trip.

Miller's ale house is on our list too ... thanks to Gina's trip report and pics!

Leaving Disney Property on Buena Vista Dr, you will pass Disney Springs on the left follow it to the end. Turn left on S Apopka Vineland Rd, it will be one or two lights up on the right. There is always a lot of activity on that road so it is easy to miss. We love going there and we don't have one locally. Have fun.

I didn't know they had a Rocco's up there...he has several in the South Fla area and they're goldmines...constantly packed.

Yup! It's on Sand Lake Rd. in Dr. Phillips. Like you said, always packed. Has to be just backing dump trucks of money to the bank!!

We really liked:
In Celebration - D'Antonios and Market Street Cafe
In Kissimmee- Charley's steakhouse
In Orlando - First Watch for breakfast

I ate at a Rocco's Tacos in Ft Lauderdale - it was exceptional

I'll second a couple of suggestions and add a few.

I second Uno. To me, it's one of the underappreciated places in close proximity to the main tourist areas. Good food, tremendous variety -- a place where EVERYbody can find something they like to eat.

Also second Bahama Breeze. They're not everywhere, and we don't eat there on WDW visits because we have one right down the street from our house here in Miami. But good food and service, good variety, moderate prices.

The other place I would recommend is Celebration, Fla. Lots of good to very good restaurants there, plus Kilwin's -- chocolatier & ice cream maker extraordinaire -- which is to die for. Here's a link for most of the restaurants in Celebration from the Best Offsite Restaurants thread: http://www.disboards.com/threads/best-off-site-restaurants-thread.498998/page-24#post-34956129

Our personal favorite is Columbia -- a very fine Spanish/Cuban restaurant from the Tampa area. Any time we visit anywhere near a Columbia restaurant, we eat dinner there...including driving an hour or so to get there. The Columbia in Celebration is one of our favorites, along with the one on St. Armand's Circle on Longboat Key. Wonderful food, elegant settings and service, moderate prices. Here's their website: http://www.columbiarestaurant.com/

Last edited:
4 Rivers Smokehouse is hands down the absolute best BBQ I have ever eaten. They are opening one in Kississmee this summer. We make it a point to go there every time we are down now.
There is a Shake Shack on I Drive with bocce and a volleyball court that my family loved.
We also like Cafe Tu Tu Tango for tapas. We order enough to share and it's fine for kids- but we tend to go early. It's fun and good.
The Coop in Winter Park is another favorite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter