• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Wii/DS Q/A thread. FAQ in first post! Game reviews in second post!

mlwear said:
I was one of the lucky few who snagged one from Amazon during that one minute sell out :goodvibes I also purchased Zelda and an extra remote. Later I learned that I should have also bought an extra nunchuck (sp). :rolleyes: Of course, now they are sold out everywhere.
It seems that there are more consoles that will be released, but what do you think about the remotes and nunchucks? Anyone have ideas of a best bet of where to find it (besides ebay). I don't need it until Christmas.
TIA
You can order directly from Nintendo at Nintendo.com or phone in the order.

michboro said:
You can order directly from Nintendo at Nintendo.com or phone in the order.

Thanks for the reply. :)
I guess I'm too late there, too.
Due to high demand, our initial allotment of the Nunchuk has been depleted. We expect to begin shipping again the week of December 18, 2006.

Please note that the Nunchuk is also at available retail stores.

I'll give Target another try. Wonder if they would tell me over the phone?

How many controllers do you think we should have? I have 2 remotes and 2 nunchuk. I also pre ordered a classic controler from ebgames when I preordered the wii (still don't have the classic in hand though).

Should I try to get a second classic controler? I know my dc will want some of the older games you can download.

Do you think 2 regular remotes and 2 nunchuks are enough?

We have not even opened the box yet, because we are saving it for Christmas.

If you are looking for extra nunchucks or controllers, try dell.com. They've had them in stock, and they ship quick... I received my 2 extra sets of nunchucks and wiimotes in under a week.

Finding Nunchuks and wiimotes is being @ the right place at the right time. Keep looking you'll be able to find your wiimotes in the stores. I've had success with Circuit City by signing up for notification when available to order online. They give you a link in your e-mail to order, but if you go to the main page it will say out of stock. The shipping with Circuit City was also fast. Good Luck!

HookdonWDW said:
If you are looking for extra nunchucks or controllers, try dell.com. They've had them in stock, and they ship quick... I received my 2 extra sets of nunchucks and wiimotes in under a week.
:yay: Thank you SO much! They are in stock and I placed my order. Who knows as we get closer to the holiday there may be a plentiful supply and I could have saved on shipping, but it is worth $8 to not have to look around anymore.
Thank you, again. :thumbsup2

Just stumbled on Wiimotes and nunchucks at Target :thumbsup2 ... they were just hanging on the display, waiting to be discovered (I got the last nunchucks and I'd guess the display didn't hold more than maybe a dozen total). The mgr. of the local GameStop said Nintendo was supposed to begin shipping more accessories to him beginning next week, and he thinks by Christmas they'll be easier to find. Circuit City and Toys R Us both told me this week that they'd have units to sell this Sunday (confirming what others have said). Everyone said they haven't had many shipments of remotes since launch, but expect things to improve on that score in the next few weeks..... Games seem to be in decent supply now mainly because many of the units are gifts which haven't been opened/played with yet. That may change for a short time just after the holidays when gift cards are being redeemed, etc... HTH!

I just ordered the nunchuck through Dell as well. It has the item shipping within 1-2 weeks; my guess is they are filling orders as they get shipments. I also signed up for e-mail elerts through Circuit City but haven't gotten one yet with a link to place an order. I went on my second trip in search of controllers today (bought the console as a bundle through TRU) and was able to find remotes and classic controllers at TRU only- nothing at any EB games, BB or Circuit City.
When at TRU I asked if I would be able to return/exchange the games that were included in the bundle. The clerk said since the website and stores are no longer the same warehouse the store no longer does returns for the website. Any advice on how to exchange games?

harleyquinn said:
Congratulations!
You have nothing else? That's fine. In order for more than one person to play, each extra person will need a Wii-mote. The nunchuck is only necessary for Boxing on Wii Sports. SO if they want to box, they need the nunchuck too.

If you are going to download games, you can plug in old game cube controllers for most of the games if you have them. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, don't worry about it! :teeth:

You can share one Wii-mote for any of the Wii Sports games except boxing. You need two for boxing since each person needs a Wii-mote and nunchuck to play.

I need major help. :confused3 Do I need to buy a remote for each controller or is the remote that comes with the machine fine? There seems to be 3 different controllers do I need to buy all 3? If not which one is the best to buy? :thanks:

I saw the post before mine questions answerded, for now anyway.

harleyquinn said:
In the US.

Just give the Wii a chance, you'll be addicted!

Nintendo has stated that 4 million is for world-wide distribution.

2 Million for the U.S.
1 Million for Europe
1 Million for Japan

The 2 million going to Europe and Japan cannot be sent to the U.S. since they operate on different voltage.

DawnMarie said:
I need major help. :confused3 Do I need to buy a remote for each controller or is the remote that comes with the machine fine? There seems to be 3 different controllers do I need to buy all 3? If not which one is the best to buy? :thanks:

I saw the post before mine questions answered, for now anyway.

The system comes with 1 Wii-mote and nunchuck.

Gamecube controllers can be used for GC games.

The other controller is the Classic Wii_mote. It can be used for the virtual console games.

Memory cards:

You will need a Gamecube memory card to save Gamecube games.

Any standard SD memory card up to 2 GB will work. You do not have to purchase the overpriced Wii branded SD from Nintendo. Nintendo has issued an update that allows you to transfer virtual consoles game to the SD bbut they are tied to the original Wii that downloaded the game.

jjan said:
Hi Sarah... I have a quick question about Zelda. My DD8 and I were at Gamestop just a few minutes ago and they had a demo of Wii/Zelda going where you could fish. Well, my DD is in LOVE with that part of the game and knowing her, she would want to play that part over and over. I am totally ignorant about Zelda and especially the Wii version... is it possible to "fish" over and over, to jump to that part of the game or do you just go along and can't go back to things, etc? Any info would be appreciated! TIA :)

You can fish almost immediately from the beginning of the game with the bobber lure (requiresd no reeling, very simple). The big time reel fishing isn't available until about 20 hours into the game.

My husband actually mainly plays the fishing part. He'll probably never finish the game now that he can fish.

8 should be old enough to handle most Zelda stuff, but it'll be hard for her to get to the reel fishing. Do you have any other gamers in the family that can help her? Maybe a cousin or something?

I believe there will be a Bass Fishing game or something like that released sometime next year. Maybe she'd rather wait for that?

pkgman said:
Nintendo has stated that 4 million is for world-wide distribution.

2 Million for the U.S.
1 Million for Europe
1 Million for Japan

The 2 million going to Europe and Japan cannot be sent to the U.S. since they operate on different voltage.

Thank You!!! I meant to go back and change that, but you beat me to it.

harleyquinn said:
You can fish almost immediately from the beginning of the game with the bobber lure (requiresd no reeling, very simple). The big time reel fishing isn't available until about 20 hours into the game.

My husband actually mainly plays the fishing part. He'll probably never finish the game now that he can fish.

8 should be old enough to handle most Zelda stuff, but it'll be hard for her to get to the reel fishing. Do you have any other gamers in the family that can help her? Maybe a cousin or something?

I believe there will be a Bass Fishing game or something like that released sometime next year. Maybe she'd rather wait for that?

Her Dad is a big gamer, so I'm sure between the 2 of them they can figure it out. She was doing the reel fishing at the store and could get the fish all the way to the boat, but couldn't land it. She couldn't get the timing right for hitting the A and B buttons. She was loving it :) Thanks for the info :thumbsup2

pkgman said:
You can share one Wii-mote for any of the Wii Sports games except boxing. You need two for boxing since each person needs a Wii-mote and nunchuck to play.

Really?! Sorry! I have two controllers, so I didn't even realize this.
Thanks!

You probably only need more than one Wii-mote when playing games that more than one person play AT THE SAME TIME.

Don't you need two for Tennis when you play against each other? It would be hard to pass the controller.

jjan said:
Her Dad is a big gamer, so I'm sure between the 2 of them they can figure it out. She was doing the reel fishing at the store and could get the fish all the way to the boat, but couldn't land it. She couldn't get the timing right for hitting the A and B buttons. She was loving it :) Thanks for the info :thumbsup2

That sounds good. Nice bonding with Dad too! :)

She'll love the bobber fishing then. it's very simple. You get a bobber, throw it out to the water, wait until a fish pulls the bobber under the water and then pull up, nothing else needed. The fish are limited at the beginning, but it's still fun.

I read somewhere that gamecube controllers will work for the virtual console games. is this true?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter