Official Wii/DS Q/A thread. FAQ in first post! Game reviews in second post!

was your nunchuck joystick pressed in a direction while you turned on the game??? only way i know mario would keep moving...cuz otherwise as long as you don't press the joystick he shouldn't move.

I'll double check and use a different wii mote and nunchuck. He just kept running around and around that asteroid even when I put the controls down; it was slightly nauseating. I'm glad it's just me, I love Mario games but that constant motion made it very hard to play. Thanks! :goodvibes

I'm having a hard time finding a Rockband bundle for Wii on the shelves. Is it ever on sale? Walmart had a great price on a bundle ($50) Black Friday for Xbox and PS3, but NOT Wii. TIA!

My eyes are bleary from looking through so many posts LOL!
I'll prob eventually come to these answers, but in the mean time, I may be asking them a second time..sorry.

I want to get the guitar for the Wii. Do I buy the guitar and one of the game boxes to use it? How about the Beatles guitar, is that different from the regular one, and what all do I need to buy to make that work (I play no games, not on the computer, playstation..none of them, so this is all French to me).

I see lots of made for wii items at the large discount stores. Should I be leary of them, or do they work as good as the Nintendo brands..for instance the golf stick or the tennis stick, or the wheel.

Thanks. I feel so lost trying to put together this stuff.

OK guys, I've been googling compatibility between GH and Rock band and I've seen what the charts say. We have GH World tour plus 2 extra authentic activision guitars for the wii as well as every other guitar hero game known to man. It appears that these instruments will work with all versions of Rock Band except Rock band 1. What I'm looking for now is personal experience because I do not believe the charts and do not want a disappointed kid come Christmas morning.

So in your personal experience, have you ever used any guitar hero instruments to play any version of Rock band? Did it work well? Any input?

My eyes are bleary from looking through so many posts LOL!
I'll prob eventually come to these answers, but in the mean time, I may be asking them a second time..sorry.

I want to get the guitar for the Wii. Do I buy the guitar and one of the game boxes to use it? How about the Beatles guitar, is that different from the regular one, and what all do I need to buy to make that work (I play no games, not on the computer, playstation..none of them, so this is all French to me).

I see lots of made for wii items at the large discount stores. Should I be leary of them, or do they work as good as the Nintendo brands..for instance the golf stick or the tennis stick, or the wheel.

Thanks. I feel so lost trying to put together this stuff.
Yes you definitely need to buy a guitar with a game. I'd get guitar hero 5 if you just want the guitar and not the whole band.

You don't need any of the clip on junk like the golf club or tennis rod...the only exception is the wheel and a gun..all they do is clip on so it doesn't matter what brand really..but again they aren't strictly necessary, so i would spend that money on games!

OK guys, I've been googling compatibility between GH and Rock band and I've seen what the charts say. We have GH World tour plus 2 extra authentic activision guitars for the wii as well as every other guitar hero game known to man. It appears that these instruments will work with all versions of Rock Band except Rock band 1. What I'm looking for now is personal experience because I do not believe the charts and do not want a disappointed kid come Christmas morning.

So in your personal experience, have you ever used any guitar hero instruments to play any version of Rock band? Did it work well? Any input?

Isn't it frustrating!? I want first hand accounts too. we have everything for the xbox so I can't help.

I have also been hoping to read a personal account of GH and RB2 compatibility for Wii. I purchased RB2 bundle and the Band Hero game only. My DD9 really wants Band Hero, but I got a way better deal doing it the way I did. According to the Band Hero website, it should work with the RB2 equipment, but I won't be sure until I try it. I was really hoping to hear that someone had tried it and either it worked or didn't work. I still have time to return everything and get the Band Hero set before Christmas (even though I don't want to spend the money).

Anyone have any personal Wii accounts that they can share? :love:

Isn't it frustrating!? I want first hand accounts too.

I have also been hoping to read a personal account of GH and RB2 compatibility for Wii.
So here we all are looking for personal accounts of people that have mixed Rock Band and Guitar Hero. You'd think on this big long thread somebody would have tried it! DS is having a birthday party today and we're thinking of renting Rock Band 2 and trying it with our Guitar Hero Equipment. If we do that, then I'll post and let you all know for sure!

Questions:
1)Has anybody used Guitar Hero instruments to play any version of Rock Band? Did it work?
2)Has anybody used Rock Band instruments to play any version of Guitar Hero? Did it work?

do you need the memory card for a wii?

this is what I purchased....

Includes:
Nintendo Wii gaming console
Wii Sports game
101 in 1 Games Party Megamix
Component cable for connection to HDTV
AV cable
Nunchuk
Remote with 2 AA batteries
Racing wheel
Game blaster
Wii baseball bat
Wii tennis racket
Wii golf club
AC adapter
Wrist strap
Messenger bag
Stand
Console measures approximately 8-1/2"L x 6"W x 2"H
UL listed adapter; 1-year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty
Made in China

what else do I need? and have an of you bought preowned games from Gamestop online? Do they usually come without a box?

So here we all are looking for personal accounts of people that have mixed Rock Band and Guitar Hero. You'd think on this big long thread somebody would have tried it! DS is having a birthday party today and we're thinking of renting Rock Band 2 and trying it with our Guitar Hero Equipment. If we do that, then I'll post and let you all know for sure!

Questions:
1)Has anybody used Guitar Hero instruments to play any version of Rock Band? Did it work?
2)Has anybody used Rock Band instruments to play any version of Guitar Hero? Did it work?
Ok, so we rented Rock Band Beatles. I can now report that the GH guitars work with Rock Band Beatles. We have not tried Drums or microphone yet but the Guitar Hero guitars work with Rock Band Beatles! I'll keep you posted on other instruments as we continue to experiment.

We purchased Band hero with insturments as an early gift to use at our Christmas party.
We bought an extra guitar.

We rented Lego rock band. All insturments and mic works fine with it. Just make sure you caliberate them to your liking.

do you need the memory card for a wii?

what else do I need? and have an of you bought preowned games from Gamestop online? Do they usually come without a box?

We've had ours since it launched and we've never needed a memory card. I think the only reasons you may need one are to save songs for RB/GH and to save downloaded games you have no room for.

Based on what you bought, no you don't need one.

I'd be willing to bet they come with a box, but I've never bought from them. The used wii games at the store come with a box.

I don't have a question, but I went on a Wii spending spree this year and bought the following for my daughters for Christmas:

Raving Rabids
Raving Rabids - TV show
Thrillsville
Family Night by Hasbro

And I might go ahead and get the Dora one (the one on the horse) for our 5 year old. She LOVES the princess game, and I figured that would be similar.

Anyway, I'm really excited. My twins love games that we can all play and that's 3 out of 4 of those.... :banana: and my 15 year old loves roller coasters and a computer game where she builds a theme park, so I think she'll love Thrillsville.

Anyway, just wanted to share! Merry Christmas everyone!!

Kim

just purchased the wii, and toy story mania. we cannot get it to pick 2 players, only 1. we've tried pointed at 1, then choosing a color, then pointing at 2, but we can't click on it and get it to do anything. tried using the other remote , also, to choose second player. is my second remote not working right? does the main remote pick both players? please please help me here, i have two young daughters who are ready to go at it when they have to take turns!! lol! if anyone has the secret to this i will be extremely grateful, as you will save me a lot of grief this holiday vacation! thanks!

I cant get Band Hero to work with out guitars. They are Nyko Front Man guitars for Wii. When I put the wiimote in the guitar the select buttons on screen change to guitars keys, but nothing happens when I press them. Does anyone have any ideas, or is it just not gonna work with them?

Please help!
Alisha

We purchased Band hero with insturments as an early gift to use at our Christmas party.
We bought an extra guitar.

We rented Lego rock band. All insturments and mic works fine with it. Just make sure you caliberate them to your liking.

Funny, me and my son finally went in and did the same right before Christmas :goodvibes

Animal Crossing Wide World for the DS...I just recently got this game, and I am in need of some friends to share fruit and such with...anyone from the DIS still play this game and wanna friend me?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter