OFFICIAL The Pirates League Thread

The new additions are still not expected for a couple months, so everything will be the same in 2 weeks.

The cursed pirate is one of the quicker looks, depending on how well the white is sticking. I would say it averages about 10-15 min, but then add on time for the prep, merch and oath.

Yet again we had the BEST time!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!
Photo0155FourBySix.jpg

What a great picture!!! I have DS6 booked for February, doing Pirates League in the late PM and after dinner at CM we're boarding the boat for the Pirate & Pals Fireworks.
I'm hoping to convince DS to just get the "beard" and "scar" and not the skeleton facepaint, because I doubt it would look very good after spending the rest of the afternoon at the park and then dinner.
I've also bought a cheap pirate costume on ebay for him to wear that day. :goodvibes

What a great picture!!! I have DS6 booked for February, doing Pirates League in the late PM and after dinner at CM we're boarding the boat for the Pirate & Pals Fireworks.
I'm hoping to convince DS to just get the "beard" and "scar" and not the skeleton facepaint, because I doubt it would look very good after spending the rest of the afternoon at the park and then dinner.
I've also bought a cheap pirate costume on ebay for him to wear that day. :goodvibes

It is totally worth it~ I will say the makeup did last both in Sept and again in November. it's getting that black OFF is the trouble!!! ha ha ha but i remembered eye makeup removed this time didn't have an issue. People Kept tell Matt to CLOSE HIS EYES when he had the other eyes on his eyelids...
they both made it on the memories and me show!!! well that was what i was told... :confused3

Can't wait to go back and do it again! We leave in about 2 weeks and will do the Pirate League again! My DS6 LOVED it!!! This time, I think we will go for the skeleton face...but my little guy said, he wants to still be a good guy. Lol ;)

ChicagoMo, that's a beautiful picture. Did you take it yourself or is that Photopass? (Do they do Photopass at PL?)

If you took it yourself, would you mind sharing what your settings were (ISO, f/, shutter speed)? And... is that all ambient light or did you add some flash?

Would like to have an idea of the lighting situation and possible settings before my dd's appointment.

Thanks!

So I saw there are changes to the PL....I am confused though....do you still get the eye patch an headband and stuff.....just no picture included anymore? I forget what was included before! It had been awhile sine I looked at it so now I am trying to see what exactly they changed or got rid of! Thanks.....my son can't wait to do this.....23 more days!:cool1:

ChicagoMo, that's a beautiful picture. Did you take it yourself or is that Photopass? (Do they do Photopass at PL?)

If you took it yourself, would you mind sharing what your settings were (ISO, f/, shutter speed)? And... is that all ambient light or did you add some flash?

Would like to have an idea of the lighting situation and possible settings before my dd's appointment.

Thanks!

I wish! your not allowed to take pictures in this room is HAS to be their photographer and you have the option to buy them. The lighting was so perfect, they turned out so beautiful I HAD to buy them! i wish i was wealthy enough to buy all of the poses!
Wish there were more places with the perfect lighting like this for meet and greets!!!

I took my dd in Sept. for her birthday. I paid for the picture in that room. What confuses me is the changes to the packages.

It says the pirate folder and 5x7 are no longer included. Well when I went in Sept. I paid $14 for the picture and the folder, was it supposed to be included then? pirate: Or is there a different picture that used to be included that I didn't get? The picture I paid for was in that room where you can't take your own photos.

I bought the Empress Package and paid extra for the costume so total was $100 with the pictures.

I have a couple of different poses..
sorry they are so huge..
Photo0167FourBySix.jpg

This should be the non smile??
Photo0157FourBySix.jpg

I wish! your not allowed to take pictures in this room is HAS to be their photographer and you have the option to buy them. The lighting was so perfect, they turned out so beautiful I HAD to buy them! i wish i was wealthy enough to buy all of the poses!
Wish there were more places with the perfect lighting like this for meet and greets!!!

Ahhh, thanks. Too bad they won't allow us to take our own pics. Guess I'll have to decide when there whether it's worth purchasing the pic. The ones of your kids really turned out great!

It is totally worth it~ I will say the makeup did last both in Sept and again in November. it's getting that black OFF is the trouble!!! ha ha ha but i remembered eye makeup removed this time didn't have an issue. People Kept tell Matt to CLOSE HIS EYES when he had the other eyes on his eyelids...
they both made it on the memories and me show!!! well that was what i was told... :confused3

In the future, cold cream. It's the best thing ever for removing makeup. Doesn't matter what brand. A little wiped on the makeup and use a dry tissue to wipe it off. Even camo paint comes right off with it, so I'm sure the black makeup would be fine. I keep some around at halloween time.

In the future, cold cream. It's the best thing ever for removing makeup. Doesn't matter what brand. A little wiped on the makeup and use a dry tissue to wipe it off. Even camo paint comes right off with it, so I'm sure the black makeup would be fine. I keep some around at halloween time.

Thanks! I believe Berloiz (sp?) on here told me about shaving cream too.. I used it and it really did work along with regular eye make up remover and those makeup wipes!!
thank you for the tip.. i will have to get some cold cream!!

So, I suppose they do girls too? Judging by that Maiden Dress option I'm guessing they do.

My brother loves Pirates (He's obsessed with POTC and Peter Pan because of the pirates) and we know he'd love to do it. I'd like to try it too (He'd probably want me to) and I was just wondering what sizes are the maiden dresses up to? Are they as limited as the BBB sizes? I was just wondering what sizes they do. Do they apply any makeup to girls (lip gloss, blush, etc.)?

Glad to know that they have a No-Face option. I hate Face paint.

Thanks for any help!

I never knew about this! So thankful for this thread!!! DS and DD have appointments in May for this.

DD did BBB last time we went. DS was only 18 mos then, so was left out, but didn't notice. (He did get his first haircut at Harmony though.:love:) I think they will both LOVE this! They both love to play dress up. We will definitely have to watch some pirate movies, though I am not ready for them to see POTC yet. Looks like Captain Hook on Peter Pan will be about it.:rotfl:

Thanks for this thread! I am so excited!

Thanks!

As mentioned, only the Gunner is allowed to take photos in the Sacred Sanctorum. They use specialty cameras designed specifically for this room, and the Gunners trained at this location go through extra training on how to work with the unique settings. Even if they did let Guests use their own cameras, they would never look as good. They do not use a flash.

So I saw there are changes to the PL....I am confused though....do you still get the eye patch an headband and stuff.....just no picture included anymore? I forget what was included before! It had been awhile sine I looked at it so now I am trying to see what exactly they changed or got rid of! Thanks.....my son can't wait to do this.....23 more days!:cool1:

Merchandise was not affected with the changes, just no more photo/case.

I took my dd in Sept. for her birthday. I paid for the picture in that room. What confuses me is the changes to the packages.

It says the pirate folder and 5x7 are no longer included. Well when I went in Sept. I paid $14 for the picture and the folder, was it supposed to be included then? pirate: Or is there a different picture that used to be included that I didn't get? The picture I paid for was in that room where you can't take your own photos.

I bought the Empress Package and paid extra for the costume so total was $100 with the pictures.

The package used to be $50 and included the photo/case. Now it's $30 and the photo purchase is optional.

The changes occurred in Jan 2010 - so quite awhile ago!

So, I suppose they do girls too? Judging by that Maiden Dress option I'm guessing they do.

My brother loves Pirates (He's obsessed with POTC and Peter Pan because of the pirates) and we know he'd love to do it. I'd like to try it too (He'd probably want me to) and I was just wondering what sizes are the maiden dresses up to? Are they as limited as the BBB sizes? I was just wondering what sizes they do. Do they apply any makeup to girls (lip gloss, blush, etc.)?

Glad to know that they have a No-Face option. I hate Face paint.

Thanks for any help!

Dresses run from S-XL, so about a 6-12. Cannot guarantee they're always in stock though.

I never knew about this! So thankful for this thread!!! DS and DD have appointments in May for this.

DD did BBB last time we went. DS was only 18 mos then, so was left out, but didn't notice. (He did get his first haircut at Harmony though.:love:) I think they will both LOVE this! They both love to play dress up. We will definitely have to watch some pirate movies, though I am not ready for them to see POTC yet. Looks like Captain Hook on Peter Pan will be about it.:rotfl:

Thanks for this thread! I am so excited!

Welcome to the crew!! Jake and the Neverland Pirates is really popular with our young ones, if he's familiar with that show he'll fit right in. The pirates adjust their story telling based on the individual vict... erm, recruit.

I just wanted to thank everyone for posting their experiences. My husband and I, plus our daughter and son are all becoming pirates on the 29th of this month and all of the information in this thread was really helpful in deciding to pull the trigger on reservations. Our daughter has done BBB twice, but this will be our son's first time (he's 3.5) with a makeover experience at DW. I can't wait to add to everyone's experiences when we get home!

Thanks for all the info - I spent most of the day reading this loooooong thread.
I couldn't find the updates info about the under 3 option in the first post though.
My friend has a child who will be 2 weeks shy of 3 when we were there and she was thinking about lying about the age ... but maybe she can do this instead.
Looking forward to reading about the changes for my own kids ... the mermaid option throws a wrench into my plans though ... hmmm and almost makes me want to think about it twice so they can be mermaids once and pirates the other time!

TPL does not have the under 3 option yet, rumored for sometime late Spring, same for the mermaid. Everything on the first post is the current info.

The package used to be $50 and included the photo/case. Now it's $30 and the photo purchase is optional.

The changes occurred in Jan 2010 - so quite awhile ago!

Thank you, then we went after the changes. It shows up as a new update in the blog at the top of this page but I'm sure I just missed the date on it as being LAST Jan. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter