OFFICIAL The Pirates League Thread

We are going in Jan 2013. This is the one thing DS who is 4 has specifically asked to do. I cannot wait to show him the pics. He is going to be so excited!

Hi:
Could someone tell me how I can book this? We are going to be there in May with our grandsons and they would Love this. Thanks so much.:goodvibes

407-WDW-CREW

No confirmed dates... but it sounds like the Mermaid, updated Empress, and Jake packages are all due in mid-late March!

407-WDW-CREW

No confirmed dates... but it sounds like the Mermaid, updated Empress, and Jake packages are all due in mid-late March!

Drats! We'll be there early March ... I'd totally book an appointment for Mermaid and Jake if they were out then. :rolleyes: DD loved the Mermaid so much last May and DS is a huge Jake fan. Fingers are crossed it rolls out sooner! :goodvibes

Just got back last night from our trip.

DD (8) got the empress package and she LOVED it. Thanks to everyone for the info on this thread!

I did cave and buy the photo but still wish I could have just taken my own pictures. My camera and lens would have handled the lighting in the room just fine.

But the picture IS beautiful, so I guess it was worth it... just sad we don't have a digital version unless we scan it (not the best option) or order Photopass (not sure yet if we will, might not have gotten enough Photopass pics to make it worthwhile).

So glad they are adding a Jake option! But, my lil pirate will have a hard time picking between Jake, Hook & Jack, lol. He loves them all! pirate:

407-WDW-CREW

So it looks like DD and I will be able to be mermaids on our trip in October 2013. Hopefully, they won't change the dates ;)

DD really liked the pictures she saw from last May and really got her heart set on having it done, so I'm really glad they are bringing it back.

Thanks for the info Berlioz!

By the way...

For anyone who is interested, I just posted a report on our PL experience, with lots of pictures. I was dying of curiousity before we got there, and thought maybe someone else might be, too.... so wanted to post the link here:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=43948323&postcount=80

For folks not interested in the full report, here are just a few pics:

Inside the makeover room...

20120129-DSC_9165 by nicole_lynn_, on Flickr

20120129-DSC_9170 by nicole_lynn_, on Flickr

20120129-DSC_9177 by nicole_lynn_, on Flickr

20120129-DSC_9189 by nicole_lynn_, on Flickr

Mostly done...

20120129-DSC_9198 by nicole_lynn_, on Flickr

Taking the pirate oath... (I loved how the CM got down on dd's level!)

20120129-DSC_9209 by nicole_lynn_, on Flickr

Final transformation.

20120129-DSC_9223 by nicole_lynn_, on Flickr

NLD, love your post! My DD and DS had TPL experience in May and loved it! Your DD looks very adorable! The CMs who work TPL are just amazing, aren't they? :love:

Heading off to read your full review now. :goodvibes

sorry to barge in on the thread- DS did pirates league once before and enjoyed it (getting the facefull of black/white makeup wasn't so enjoyable for me though- wish I'd read this thread first) but I didn't get to experience it with him because I was with my DD at the tea party. Anyway, I'm going the beginning of June on a mommy and me trip with just my DS for his 10th birthday. I'm thinking about doing Pirates leage and then maybe the fireworks voyage if availble. The really long winded question is, do you think it's kinda fun and cool to do it with your kiddo- especially when it's just you and them on the trip- or do you think it would just embarrass him at that age?

I can't really speak to a 10 year old boy, since mine is only 5. But he did it with his dad when he was 4 and a half and loved it. I think it would just depend on the kid. And I think doing it together made it extra special. I'm hoping that when my son is 10 that he would do it with me or my dh and not be embarrassed. And I hope the same for you, if you do decide to do it.

sorry to barge in on the thread- DS did pirates league once before and enjoyed it (getting the facefull of black/white makeup wasn't so enjoyable for me though- wish I'd read this thread first) but I didn't get to experience it with him because I was with my DD at the tea party. Anyway, I'm going the beginning of June on a mommy and me trip with just my DS for his 10th birthday. I'm thinking about doing Pirates leage and then maybe the fireworks voyage if availble. The really long winded question is, do you think it's kinda fun and cool to do it with your kiddo- especially when it's just you and them on the trip- or do you think it would just embarrass him at that age?
My nephew did it with My friend and I. I gave him choice of doing it or going off in MK alone for few hours he chose to do PL with us girls. He got multi eyed one.

More often then not, kids may start out "too cool," or embarassed... but by the end most get into it!

TPL does not have the under 3 option yet, rumored for sometime late Spring, same for the mermaid. Everything on the first post is the current info.

Berloioz,
We have appointments in May 2012, do you believe the mermaid will then be available? DD really wants the mermaid, are there any more updated photos of the different options available for the face painting?

TIA!

Berlioz.. is it hypoallergenic makeup they use on the face?? My older 2 have done this, but I just realized my youngest turns 3 on this trip, so he can do it this year.

He has a rare skin disease and has spots on his face. I was thinking of doing the scar face one (not sure technical name, but my middle son did it and he had a scar on his face and a little clouding around his eye.

They'd have to just work around his spots, he has some on his face, not tons, but if they are rubbed, they will pop out (they are actually colored hives).

Do you think they'd let us test a spot on his arm when we are in the pirate name phase?? Of course if Jake option is avail when we go (mid april) that's what he'd chose and I wouldnt have to worry about this. But i think he'd like the makeup but would have to have them start and him like it and then me have to tell them to stop. Thank you!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter