• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Star Wars Weekends 2014 Tips and Tricks -The Adventure Continues

abirkin76 said:
Hi Guys,

Just a quick question. I have a Star Wars crazy 4 year old that I'll be taking to SWW next weekend. He wants to go in costume, but I was wondering if costumes are available to purchase in park? Or perhaps it's better to get one from somewhere like Walmart before going?

Looking forward to some advice from you experienced folk!

Thanks,
Ash

The only costumes I've seen sold at the park are Princess Leia, Darth Vader and a Clone Trooper and its the same one you find at your local party city store. So I would purchase it before hand and you'll be sure to save some money.
Remember to bring a change of clothes for him in case it gets to hot and he wants to change

4Beans said:
My kids have just informed me that they want to do Jedi Training when we are at SWW on June 15, the last day. We have ADR at Hollywod & Vine at 8am. What time do you suggest we get to the front gate to be sure to get both kids on the JTA list?

7am

Hey Gang, for some reason it just occurred to me that maybe, just maybe, you folks might get a kick out of knowing whose behind the costumes.

Besides our lovely buddy Ash from the Louisiana Garrison :hyper: Who I believe is marching weekend three, yes? :hyper:

I am getting reports trickling in from my local garrison (Bloodfin Garrison of Indiana) of whom are going down this year to "March for the Mouse". I am trying to get dates from them (and not just which weekend) and what they will be marching in.

So far I know weekend 1 May 16th Motorcade these two gents will be out there.

Charlie : http://www.501st.com/members/displaymember.php?userID=142&costumeID=124

AND

Jason : http://www.501st.com/members/displaymember.php?userID=15525&costumeID=49

Charlie will be a little harder to pick out in his Storm Trooper than Jason will be in his Blue Clone.

I know there are more going down, and when I find out I'll post their dates and links to there costumes just like I did for these guys :)

If anyone is taking pictures during the motorcade I'd love to see them :) I know my boyfriend will be taking lots of pictures and like last year I will make sure to share the album.

For those of you who didn't see our pictures, here is the links to our public albums of the motorcades last year.

https://plus.google.com/photos/104804329874810583549/albums/5883550436750184209?banner=pwa

https://plus.google.com/photos/104804329874810583549/albums/5883740144350232625?banner=pwa

Enjoy popcorn::

So when we know more about who is marching on the weekends we attend SWW, is it appreciated or distracting to holler at those members: "Hey, name here, thanks for marching!" ...or something?

Our flight lands at 11:50 am on 6/6. I made reservations for lunch at 2:30 at Hollywood Studios. Is it too ambitious to think we will get to DW, get checked in and make it to lunch by 2:30?

We hadn't planned on going to the parks that day, but I snagged a FP for Stars of the Saga for Friday and thought that would free up some time on Sat and Sun to see/do other things at SWW. If nothing else, I could cancel the lunch ressie and eat at a QS and still be able to make it to the 4:30 show, don't you think?

Thx!

Our flight lands at 11:50 am on 6/6. I made reservations for lunch at 2:30 at Hollywood Studios. Is it too ambitious to think we will get to DW, get checked in and make it to lunch by 2:30?

We hadn't planned on going to the parks that day, but I snagged a FP for Stars of the Saga for Friday and thought that would free up some time on Sat and Sun to see/do other things at SWW. If nothing else, I could cancel the lunch ressie and eat at a QS and still be able to make it to the 4:30 show, don't you think?

Thx!

I think you will probably just make it. I usually plan on at least 2-2.5 hrs from the time we land to the time we hit the park. Make sure you do online checkin and be ready to roll :)

Thx!

Which resort and are you using Disney Transportation?

Somewhat close if using Disney transportation. With QS, you will easily make it to your Fp show.

We always rent a car and we can make it from MCO to a resort in less than 2 hours from the moment our flight lands. That's even with 5 p.m. arrivals.

Kenny the pirate does have an app of sorts that you can pay for and it is well worth it!

Hey guys I am happy to say I will be at all 5 SWW this year ( i love being local)

I will be reporting on them all for Jedi News UK and Chip and Co. at times I will be looking for quotes from attendees so you can follow me on social media if you want to see where I am at.

Also does anyone here listen to the Rebel Force Radio podcast? the #1 star wars podcast out there?

Are fast passes needed for the special shows listed below? How early do you think we need to arrive without FP? We will be at HS earlier in the week but I still prefer to use FP for Toy Story and Rock n Roller Coaster if not really needed for the shows. Thanks!

ObiWan and Beyond
Stars of the Saga
Behind the Force

Here's the Dark Side all together:

71ae6c9749206e463bb01077189f0bf3_zps3d9185b6.jpg

DisneyFamily123 said:
Are fast passes needed for the special shows listed below? How early do you think we need to arrive without FP? We will be at HS earlier in the week but I still prefer to use FP for Toy Story and Rock n Roller Coaster if not really needed for the shows. Thanks!

ObiWan and Beyond
Stars of the Saga
Behind the Force

Obi Wan and Beyond 1 hour before
Stars of the Saga at least 1 hour before
Behind the force 45 minutes before

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter