• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Star Wars Weekends 2014 Tips and Tricks -The Adventure Continues

I gave up trying to close the other thread...plus I actually have mommy responsibilities to attend to.
Like I said before I'll be out of the house for most of the weekend but will try to check in every once in a while

I gave up trying to close the other thread...plus I actually have mommy responsibilities to attend to. Like I said before I'll be out of the house for most of the weekend but will try to check in every once in a while

Have a great weekend! Happy Mother's Day! :)

for the people not getting autographs what time will you be out waiting for the bus?????or are you going to hop in a cab?

I gave up trying to close the other thread...plus I actually have mommy responsibilities to attend to.
Like I said before I'll be out of the house for most of the weekend but will try to check in every once in a while

Thanks for all the work on these threads. Very much appreciated.

25 days till we leave and 28 days till our SWW day. :cool1::cool1:

DOn't know how you do this and the mommy gig. Thanks for all your time and effort for us on these SWW threads. Happy Mother's Day and enjoy your weekend.

DOn't know how you do this and the mommy gig. Thanks for all your time and effort for us on these SWW threads. Happy Mother's Day and enjoy your weekend.

I concur. Thanks again Yulilin3 :thumbsup2 Happy Mother's Day!

And yes! just to add, 6 days to go until we're at Disney and ready for weekend I of SWW.

We're (my group going) having a rehearsal BBQ of sorts tomorrow for last minute checks for needs for everyone's costumes and needs for the trip.

I technically have 3 days of school to attend prior to hopping in the van to drive to Orlando. The excitement builds! :goodvibes

Are the rides OPEN if the park indeed opens at 7:20 or do they not open until 8:00 am??

It looks as if the grand opening day of SWW will have rain in the forcast (55%). If it rains do they go on with the show sort of speak as far as the Motorcade Parade is concerned?

Have a great weekend! Happy Mother's Day! :)

Thanks for all the work on these threads. Very much appreciated.

25 days till we leave and 28 days till our SWW day. :cool1::cool1:

I concur. Thanks again Yulilin3 :thumbsup2 Happy Mother's Day!

You guys are so nice. You are all welcome. I know how hard it is to figure this event out, there are a lot of variables that go into it and I love planning. And since I've been attending for so many years I feel like I can contribute to peoples vacation.
Anyways, have a great weekend everyone and Happy Mother's Day to all the moms and dads that have to be moms

It looks as if the grand opening day of SWW will have rain in the forcast (55%). If it rains do they go on with the show sort of speak as far as the Motorcade Parade is concerned?

I know that most of the time, if it rains it normally runs through and clears up rather quickly... Let's hope it keeps to this same mode of operation! :)

for the people not getting autographs what time will you be out waiting for the bus?????or are you going to hop in a cab?
I believe the first bus should be around 6:30am, just double check with your front desk the day before

Are the rides OPEN if the park indeed opens at 7:20 or do they not open until 8:00 am??
The stormtrooper welcome show will end at 7:40am and then you can go to the attractions/character lines.
In the past the only 2 attractions that have been open before 8am are TSMM and ST all the other ones open at 8
The reasoning for opening earlier is to not have huge crowds outside the gates waiting to come in

If it rains JTA, PMC and the parade will be delayed/cancelled
If it's just a sprinkle they will go on with the parade but anything more than that they will delay/cancel it
The characters that are outside will also have a delay

You guys are so nice. You are all welcome. I know how hard it is to figure this event out, there are a lot of variables that go into it and I love planning. And since I've been attending for so many years I feel like I can contribute to peoples vacation.
Anyways, have a great weekend everyone and Happy Mother's Day to all the moms and dads that have to be moms

Yulilin you are the best, last year was my first year at SWW and every tip you gave us made our time so much better... AND I'm back to learn more this year because of it!

Thanks for everything... can't wait to see you in person weekend 3.

Have a wonderful Mother's Day!

This was just posted on another thread:

Disney Channel looking for Star Wars Superfans visiting WDW on May 24th
Disney Channel looking for Star Wars Superfans visiting WDW on May 24th 2014.

7ate9 Entertainment is producing a few promotional segments for Walt Disney World's Star Wars Weekends and Disney XD's new Star Wars Rebels and will be filming in Walt Disney World on Saturday May 24th. We are searching for some young Star Wars super fans to profile and put on television. If you will be at the park that day and are interested, please contact David at 7ate9 Entertainment by sending an email to
casting at 7ate9 dot com.

We are looking for boys and girls between the ages of 10 and 15 who will be going to the park in costume as one of the Rebel Alliance characters. We would love to find some special kids to feature. Selected kids and their families will be filmed and given priority access to some attractions that day. Thank you!

If you will be at the park that day and are interested, please contact David at 7ate9 Entertainment by sending an email to casting at 7ate9 dot com
or call our office at 323-936-6789 and ask for David

Thank you!
-David Glasgal

I am already placing my bets on which weekends SWW 2015 will be, and have already booked my accommodations for 2 weekends (I hope) in 2015 (it was by phone and room only to put me down a place holder, I just learned recently that you can do that).

May 21st thru June 1st 2015 is what my reservations are for... :-)scratchin thinking I am either weekend 1 and 2 OR 2 and 3 :scratchin).

My goal for next year, to have at least one 501st costume approved AND acceptable to Disney so I can "March for the Mouse" in 2015 (this is in addition to the Mara Jade costume I just submitted).

This was just posted on another thread: Disney Channel looking for Star Wars Superfans visiting WDW on May 24th Disney Channel looking for Star Wars Superfans visiting WDW on May 24th 2014. 7ate9 Entertainment is producing a few promotional segments for Walt Disney World's Star Wars Weekends and Disney XD's new Star Wars Rebels and will be filming in Walt Disney World on Saturday May 24th. We are searching for some young Star Wars super fans to profile and put on television. If you will be at the park that day and are interested, please contact David at 7ate9 Entertainment by sending an email to casting at 7ate9 dot com. We are looking for boys and girls between the ages of 10 and 15 who will be going to the park in costume as one of the Rebel Alliance characters. We would love to find some special kids to feature. Selected kids and their families will be filmed and given priority access to some attractions that day. Thank you! If you will be at the park that day and are interested, please contact David at 7ate9 Entertainment by sending an email to casting at 7ate9 dot com or call our office at 323-936-6789 and ask for David Thank you! -David Glasgal

Darn. DS is a bit too young! (5) Well, and not in a Rebel Alliance costume here ;)

2013-02-14%2016.48.10.jpg

Hi Guys,

Just a quick question. I have a Star Wars crazy 4 year old that I'll be taking to SWW next weekend. He wants to go in costume, but I was wondering if costumes are available to purchase in park? Or perhaps it's better to get one from somewhere like Walmart before going?

Looking forward to some advice from you experienced folk!

Thanks,
Ash

My kids have just informed me that they want to do Jedi Training when we are at SWW on June 15, the last day. We have ADR at Hollywod & Vine at 8am. What time do you suggest we get to the front gate to be sure to get both kids on the JTA list?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter