**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

2) At sign-ups, the parent should alert the CM to the language difference and be the translator.

Upon checking in for the session, alert the Operations CMs to the language difference and they will pass on the info to the onstage Padawans.

Also, it would be best to have the child watch YouTube videos of recent JT sessions so they can practice the lightsaber sequences during the training portion and the Vader/Sister interaction. That should get them prepared for their session even with the language difference. :)

Thanks! Good idea! :)

We attended the 8/27 dessert party; we're a family of 5: me, DH, and 3 DDs (13, 9, and 8) We were at DHS that entire day, from rope drop on. We got to Launch Bay later than I wanted, so we could squeeze in a meet with Mickey and Minnie. Probably right around the posted opening time, but 15 minutes after the party actually opened. All of the tables in the main dessert area were taken; DH and I jumped into what I thought was a VERY slow moving drink line, while the kids grabbed food and went in search of a table. This gave me a pretty sour first impression. But, they found a table in the Cantina, right at the top of the stairs by the Nutella station, and right next to the game room. There was a bench in the game room that remained open for quite a long time (I was surprised how long it stayed open, actually), but those of us set up at Cantina tables were just sitting on the floor against the walls, watching the Jawas and eating and drinking. The kids ate their first round of treats, then started playing the video games. Once DH and I got our first drinks (2 each) and first round of food, we sent them to meet Chewbacca (the wait was still posted as 30 minutes, but they were through in less than 1/2 that time), as we had done the VISA meet with Kylo earlier in the day. Our spot turned out to be great -- we could see when the drink line was shortest, and DH would go grab 2 more drinks each time he noticed it going down. We grabbed the to go cups and filled them with our drinks before heading out to the fireworks location. I think I had 4 or 5 in me by the time we walked out. :)

We were definitely towards the back of the group walking out, and at one point the line of people got broken up, and we weren't sure we were going through the right path, but a CM appeared out of no where and pointed us to the walkway we should use. Because we were towards the back, we didn't have to wait too long for them to open the front area to kids. The kids were all told to sit down and stay seated, except my oldest (13) was told she had to stand in the back of that section. She wasn't happy -- her feet were aching and all she wanted was to sit at that point. I'm guessing that the CM pegged her as being technically too old for the section (they opened it to kids 10 and under), and thought she was being nice by letting her stay with her sisters. I didn't even try to get to the back of the area -- I stayed just to the left of the front space. So, up against the front rope, but way over to the left of the viewing area. I couldn't really see the left screen, but everything else was perfect, as I had that main walkway right in front of me as a buffer.

I think the dessert party was worth it, but it wasn't as good a value as the early morning magic at MK (which we also did). I think having to pay the adult price for our oldest hurt the overall value, since she obviously couldn't do any drinking (she doesn't even like the non-alcoholic stuff Disney has, just drinks water), but the kids definitely ate their share (we have at least 50 of those skewers at home now, since they went to town on the grapes). I wasn't able to try everything, but what I did try was good, and some things (like the Nutella) were great. Watching the jawas was fun, too. And there were a few times when they weren't interacting with other families when they would come over and start interacting with those of us who were camped out in the room, which was fun. We also had good interaction with Stormtroopers while there -- when I asked one if he was trying to steal my drink, I got an "Affirmative" which cracked the CM up. Would I do it again? Maybe, but there are enough other extras to try at Disney that it won't be on the top of the list for a while.

Oh - and Yullin - feel free to use any portion of this that you think is useful.

completely off topic
Has anyone else been having problems with this site? I thought it was because I have an old desktop so I've been using my daughter's laptop and it's still horrible. Slow to load, when I try and type it takes forever to show and the computer wants to kill the page and says that shockwave has to reload. It's really annoying

We attended the 8/27 dessert party; we're a family of 5: me, DH, and 3 DDs (13, 9, and 8) We were at DHS that entire day, from rope drop on. We got to Launch Bay later than I wanted, so we could squeeze in a meet with Mickey and Minnie. Probably right around the posted opening time, but 15 minutes after the party actually opened. All of the tables in the main dessert area were taken; DH and I jumped into what I thought was a VERY slow moving drink line, while the kids grabbed food and went in search of a table. This gave me a pretty sour first impression. But, they found a table in the Cantina, right at the top of the stairs by the Nutella station, and right next to the game room. There was a bench in the game room that remained open for quite a long time (I was surprised how long it stayed open, actually), but those of us set up at Cantina tables were just sitting on the floor against the walls, watching the Jawas and eating and drinking. The kids ate their first round of treats, then started playing the video games. Once DH and I got our first drinks (2 each) and first round of food, we sent them to meet Chewbacca (the wait was still posted as 30 minutes, but they were through in less than 1/2 that time), as we had done the VISA meet with Kylo earlier in the day. Our spot turned out to be great -- we could see when the drink line was shortest, and DH would go grab 2 more drinks each time he noticed it going down. We grabbed the to go cups and filled them with our drinks before heading out to the fireworks location. I think I had 4 or 5 in me by the time we walked out. :)

We were definitely towards the back of the group walking out, and at one point the line of people got broken up, and we weren't sure we were going through the right path, but a CM appeared out of no where and pointed us to the walkway we should use. Because we were towards the back, we didn't have to wait too long for them to open the front area to kids. The kids were all told to sit down and stay seated, except my oldest (13) was told she had to stand in the back of that section. She wasn't happy -- her feet were aching and all she wanted was to sit at that point. I'm guessing that the CM pegged her as being technically too old for the section (they opened it to kids 10 and under), and thought she was being nice by letting her stay with her sisters. I didn't even try to get to the back of the area -- I stayed just to the left of the front space. So, up against the front rope, but way over to the left of the viewing area. I couldn't really see the left screen, but everything else was perfect, as I had that main walkway right in front of me as a buffer.

I think the dessert party was worth it, but it wasn't as good a value as the early morning magic at MK (which we also did). I think having to pay the adult price for our oldest hurt the overall value, since she obviously couldn't do any drinking (she doesn't even like the non-alcoholic stuff Disney has, just drinks water), but the kids definitely ate their share (we have at least 50 of those skewers at home now, since they went to town on the grapes). I wasn't able to try everything, but what I did try was good, and some things (like the Nutella) were great. Watching the jawas was fun, too. And there were a few times when they weren't interacting with other families when they would come over and start interacting with those of us who were camped out in the room, which was fun. We also had good interaction with Stormtroopers while there -- when I asked one if he was trying to steal my drink, I got an "Affirmative" which cracked the CM up. Would I do it again? Maybe, but there are enough other extras to try at Disney that it won't be on the top of the list for a while.

Oh - and Yullin - feel free to use any portion of this that you think is useful.

So, question, are all of the kids directed to the kids area in the front? Mine are only 4 & 5 and I would not be comfortable with them off on their own. Did you see any families with little ones that were able to hang together?

completely off topic
Has anyone else been having problems with this site? I thought it was because I have an old desktop so I've been using my daughter's laptop and it's still horrible. Slow to load, when I try and type it takes forever to show and the computer wants to kill the page and says that shockwave has to reload. It's really annoying

Mine is molasses slow right now.

completely off topic
I was having the same issue earlier trying to post something about the F&W VIP Day announced today. Annoying. :(

completely off topic

On my desktop it has been super slow but my iPad it's been fine. Not sure what's up

So, question, are all of the kids directed to the kids area in the front? Mine are only 4 & 5 and I would not be comfortable with them off on their own. Did you see any families with little ones that were able to hang together?

They would never make you separate from your children. You can keep them with you in the general viewing area

completely off topic

On my desktop it has been super slow but my iPad it's been fine. Not sure what's up

Same here - it was terrible on my laptop but has been fine on my iPhone.

completely off topic
I've heard that some have been having problems. Some fixes are cleaning the cache and cookies on your browser and such. I haven't had any problems on my Mac or my phone.

There might be other fixes on the tech board.

I have seen a few complaints about DHS going away from nightly fireworks in October.

I see a couple things to note for this.

1. Disney used to never run nightly fireworks. Disney would run them on weekends Or every other day and such.

2. It's partly cost cutting. Less fireworks shows equal less costs.

3. It's a less busy time. DHS isn't a popular park right now.

Disney used to never run nightly fireworks. Disney would run them on weekends Or every other day and such.
I'll add that it wasn't easy to find out when until you got there and could get the schedule. I suppose you could have called, but believe it or not, there was no Web when WDW opened.

On the flip side, you also didn't make ADRs (priority seating apback then) months in advance. So unless you had booked something like HDDR or weren't staying a full week, you could adjust your schedule on the fly.

I have seen a few complaints about DHS going away from nightly fireworks in October.

1. Disney used to never run nightly fireworks. Disney would run them on weekends Or every other day and such.

I think a lot the complaints are more about Disney's lack of advanced notice. ADRs open for booking 180 days in advance and FP 60 days for onsite guests yet Disney doesn't want to commit to park hours and/or special events such as Star Wars fireworks until well after that. People are mad that they made plans based on the assumption there would be nightly fireworks (as was scheduled through sept which is also a slow travel time) and now are scrambling to change their FP and or ADRs to allow them to see it now.

I think a lot the complaints are more about Disney's lack of advanced notice. ADRs open for booking 180 days in advance and FP 60 days for onsite guests yet Disney doesn't want to commit to park hours and/or special events such as Star Wars fireworks until well after that. People are mad that they made plans based on the assumption there would be nightly fireworks (as was scheduled through sept which is also a slow travel time) and now are scrambling to change their FP and or ADRs to allow them to see it now.
I get that but things always change. I plan with spreadsheets and everything just like most of us do. However if we stray from something on that plan or something comes out after the 60 day mark. I deal with it by changing our plans or saving that for next time. I don't freak out and get crazy upset. With how disney has been operating these days nothing surprises me and assumptions are never safe.

I would think 3. on its own is a legitimate and compelling enough reason, personally.

I get that but things always change. I plan with spreadsheets and everything just like most of us do. However if we stray from something on that plan or something comes out after the 60 day mark. I deal with it by changing our plans or saving that for next time. I don't freak out and get crazy upset. With how disney has been operating these days nothing surprises me and assumptions are never safe.
I get that things change too. I just think Disney needs to change their system. If they can't commit to park hours/entertainment/etc 60 days out then adjust the FP Windows to line up with when they can commit. Isn't one of the four "Disney Keys" courtesy? It isn't very courteous to ask onsite guests to make plans 180 and/or 60 days out but then have to completely rework them once they release final hours/entertainment schedules. I personally always buy a park hopper (or AP) but others don't and have to completely switch park days if the evening entertainment isn't offered the day they had originally planned to visit which means redoing fast passes as well. I also think the 180 days for dining is ridiculous. Disney needsto shorten all the booking windows and stop wasting our time.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!