**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

This was to my left (I held the camera up high over the heads of the other people in viewing area):
VFnbWWT_sEQRoGxOUl0xdm8KHdoZ_we8_wzG5YUq8VrIwV1I4l3VAxy-VtOumdYpCFKy5l0NxW9dEIQ3aBNraOirhtZiQPHZ7eDKKyBNfKm5ZvTF-_BdfGFwZQwR3c7u-QfJalN8nn2fxRxlyARnbdcOgaYy_BvLP-0sQoKdJfUqd5ztIZDH-syQAWQyzBEPNByYHG8moWHcIxna-hZAw_BPaNCokebwYQRhyAr-00qRshI5b-CZqNtVAydKdLBxhPJ41VSjROY4p5LOGttZfHzGzavUHWiESauYhZBEb3LTgTEYcAQhfQfrpUVCGc86DYnaN7tiX2Rul-XewBchgTPfhszvvMrrYMT8_BJTyEou2TVomK8Au0PNDLyYjmugJlO7Lypr3s45CPd0p_OYZlkPNX4AbupTcqlZC3gepRdzHYLAC7nz3roE1zKzQ4E8q4ZWGtaYYmXpC8ussADqvkAmUUllnbCl9tFykROr26Hteh0o_gfJsT_05ysb6VEDeoZUU7z2EhCrHd960CDrrafZB17XbDtGmXIXJLe6nQwnwGA8S2Yoni0mesU9sXnSCiTjIKuhobWJlW89xmj7MQEK22W9O5mKuRLUoFXk2UQd7LQ5=w1601-h901-no
Thanks! and thanks to @yulilin3 as well! Wow, that's a distance away from Launch bay!

If SWaGS is at 7:45 and park closes at 8pm, what are the chances of getting into line at a ride before close? Assuming you have a great spot in front of the projectors? Possible to get to TSMM? What about RNR or Star Tours? Or what about Fantasmic at 8?

If SWaGS is at 7:45 and park closes at 8pm, what are the chances of getting into line at a ride before close? Assuming you have a great spot in front of the projectors? Possible to get to TSMM? What about RNR or Star Tours? Or what about Fantasmic at 8?
You'll have 3 minutes to do that I'd the show starts on time. It can be done If you fast walk to tsmm or st. RnRC will be to far away

Just might have to try this! Walking out with the entire fire works group will be slow anyway - might as well get one more ride in!
Yeah, we never leave right away, wet always hang around about 30 minutes.
It's either 30 minutes sorting on a bench, people watching or 30 minutes stuck in traffic

Sounds HECTIC!:eek::scared1:

But worth it. We hot footed it to TOT and were last riders of the night. (This was after the old Star Wars fireworks dessert party). We were afraid we wouldn't make it but they said if the gates are open you can go on in. It was so much fun. We were with a couple of guys that always try to get on the last elevator. We were practically alone in there. So much creapier! Plus the crowds had thinned out when we left.

So, question, are all of the kids directed to the kids area in the front? Mine are only 4 & 5 and I would not be comfortable with them off on their own. Did you see any families with little ones that were able to hang together?

No that was not allowed.

There weren't many kids in that area our night and CM did offer area to kids 8 and under so the one mom with a little one had her son stand in the back of the handicap area while she was on the adult side of rope. There was noone in front of him so i guess he could see most of it.

But remember it's been reported that not every night do CM's offer kids the handicap area.

No that was not allowed.

There weren't many kids in that area our night and CM did offer area to kids 8 and under so the one mom with a little one had her son stand in the back of the handicap area while she was on the adult side of rope. There was noone in front of him so i guess he could see most of it.

But remember it's been reported that not every night do CM's offer kids the handicap area.

Ugh - I was counting on my kids 6 and 9 being able to sit alone in the kids area - 1) so they could sit 2) so they could see!

I hope it's offered on our night!

luckily for me - I have no concerns about my kids sitting in the kids area without me! Even if it's just the 6 year old allowed in (my 9 year old is tall - almost my height - but he is still tired and Whiney!)

But worth it. We hot footed it to TOT and were last riders of the night. (This was after the old Star Wars fireworks dessert party). We were afraid we wouldn't make it but they said if the gates are open you can go on in. It was so much fun. We were with a couple of guys that always try to get on the last elevator. We were practically alone in there. So much creapier! Plus the crowds had thinned out when we left.
Yes, sounds CREEPY!:laughing:

Ugh - I was counting on my kids 6 and 9 being able to sit alone in the kids area - 1) so they could sit 2) so they could see!

luckily for me - I have no concerns about my kids sitting in the kids area without me! Even if it's just the 6 year old allowed in (my 9 year old is tall - almost my height - but he is still tired and Whiney!)
Even if the CM doesn't say anything just ask, sometimes the can forget about offering the space to kids. I'm sure both will be fine sitting there

I am right there with you. My 8yo DD is a huge SWs fan and has talked about this event for months. With this being her birthday trip, I have been stalking this thread and the WDW website seems like forever looking for updates about the fireworks and party.
So we go out of town Sunday and Monday and I didn't check the DISboards until yesterday, when I saw how many pages were added to this thread I knew something must have happened. I jumped over to Disney to see if there was any availability for the one night (10/7) I had left open for either SWaGS or ROL. I really didn't have my hopes up but got super lucky and was able to get the party on 10/7 for the 3 of us! I thought with this being the Friday of Columbus Day weekend and crowd predictions already high that I would have zero chance! We had already told our DD that there was a good chance that the fireworks may not be happening, so we are going to keep this as a surprise and the dessert party is icing on the cake! haha
A BIG thank you to @yulilin3 and all the others on here that have shared their thoughts, reviews, answered questions and most of all kept us up to date.

We'll be back the same time you guys are (cept won't be at HS the 7th), and reading your post made me smile :love: We were there for a shorter trip early August for our DD's bday (14yrs) Even though our party night was the day before her "real" bday, she loved it!!! (Even more than her Chef Mickey's bday dinner the night after). I was like you, I stalked for months and would've done anything (lol) to make the party happen-our efforts are so worth it :P I hope you guys have a wonderful family bday trip!!! Sappy, yes...but this is why I love Disney so much...precious family memories:bday:

So, question, are all of the kids directed to the kids area in the front? Mine are only 4 & 5 and I would not be comfortable with them off on their own. Did you see any families with little ones that were able to hang together?

No that was not allowed.

One night that we did the party kids were invited up -- the other night, they were not.

Related to this (though I know this is NOT what either poster above is aiming to do!!!)...

One of the times we did the party, there was a woman who had kids who looked about 8 or 9yo -- kids were invited up but she could not join. They arrived late, and she elected to let them go in without her and she went back into the rest of the reserved area. The kids seemed TOTALLY fine with that arrangement -- didn't seem worried AT ALL and weren't looking back for her AT ALL. Despite that, I kept hearing her telling people behind us that her daughter was up there and was "really nervous" to be without her... could she maybe get in front of them. A couple of people let her move up in front of them. She kept that up until she was right behind us and one other party (we were right up at the rope). NO WAY my sister or this other party were letting her in front of us after we headed out early to get those spots, when we could see for ourselves that the kids were not the least bit concerned, and when she could see her kids from where she was at that point! The kids were up there laughing and having a grand old time together, and yet she kept angling with people to let her in front of them. I made sure that as soon as the show ended, she had a clear path to get straight to her kids before the crowds started moving around -- and still, the kids seemed totally unconcerned. :)

To be honest, I'd keep my kids with me before I'd assume I should be able to stand directly in front of those who had gotten there early enough to snag those spots. But that's me... ;)

Am I missing something? Where is it stated that the SW fireworks won't be nightly? I checked the schedule on the Disney site and they are scheduled nightly on there through December. The only thing that I see that isn't nightly is the dessert party.

Am I missing something? Where is it stated that the SW fireworks won't be nightly? I checked the schedule on the Disney site and they are scheduled nightly on there through December. The only thing that I see that isn't nightly is the dessert party.

If you click on individual days, it'll show no times available for the days there aren't fireworks. All dates look blue, but not all blue dates have fireworks scheduled.

Ok when I check the schedule it states that the fireworks are nightly but if I'm signed and and want to Show In My Plans, it doesn't show nightly. Weird?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter